TPE trainee drivers

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by jcook84, 18 Nov 2019.

1. Daveym19

Daveym19 Member

It’s just a waiting game I guess then. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. I did read someone saying if we haven’t heard by now it may mean we are progressing to next stage,as he’s heard a lot got a fail email within a few days of competing the online assessments.

2. ILoveLamp

ILoveLamp Member

Ahh..sorry to hear that. I was confused when you just mentioned Manchester in your earlier post. At least you have had some experience of the process and no doubt will be better set up for your next application.

3. beeman05

beeman05 Member

thank you I didn't realise this.

haven't used a message board in years so i'm out of touch:D

4. ThunderPro

ThunderPro Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction for obtaining my results? Phone number / email address

Cheers

5. Alc123

Alc123 Member

Was this the online assessment or assessment day?

6. L-J

L-J Member

I replied to the email they'd sent me, plus I also sent an email requesting feedback with the email link within the email they'd sent me, this was on Friday, I've just received an email containing my feedback. I didn't pass the Group Bourdon test, but they've asked me to apply again in 6 months. I passed all the other assessments.

7. HJohnson088

HJohnson088 Member

Afternoon all,

With regards to the free travel on TPE trains for the assessment day, on my 'Assessment Centre Detail' page it says the following:

"Authority to Travel with TransPennine Express

This letter confirms that you are authorised to travel Standard Class on TPE services on the date stated above only for the purposes of attending Trainee Conductor Assessment day.

Please ensure you bring a copy of this letter with you on the day and present it to the traincrew"

Underneath this there is then the option to upload a photo - does anyone know what this is for?
    It's just that I can see no mention of needing to upload any photos, either on that page or in my emails.

Thanks in advance

8. CreamNCookies

CreamNCookies Member

I've sent an email regarding this, mainly because it says Trainee conductor assessment day, but I also asked about the photo part.

When (and if) I get a reply, ill post the reply on here.

9. Daveym19

Daveym19 Member

Hi
    It was the online assessments

10. KlaudiaV43

KlaudiaV43 Member

Has anyone else heard back yet? :s Nervous...

11. Moose27

Moose27 Member

Hi all,

Been reading for a while and finally decided to sign up. I applied for York and was fortunate enough to attend Stage 1 at Leeds before Christmas.

Yet to receive my results - I’m worried I might break my refresh button on my emails!

Good luck to everyone in the process.

12. beeman05

beeman05 Member

Hello mate,

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth to help hopefully calm you down.

I am doing my first assessment stage in Leeds for TPE this week and have been talking to a friend of a friend who before Xmas started with Scotrail up here. He said his application from initially applying to starting was almost 12 months exactly. He said like you between stages nothing happened quickly. Hopefully good news comes to you sooner than later as its the waiting that's the hardest part!

13. Duncan Bray

Duncan Bray New Member

Hi Guys

First time posting and hoping someone can clarify something for me.

I applied for a drivers position back in July 2018 but failed the assessment centre.

My wife recently applied for driver positions advertised in late November for Manchester. She received an email confirming her application had been received but nothing since. Going off previous threads that seems relatively normal with the Christmas break but people seem to be mentioning online assessments and she's received nothing in relation to this. When I applied there were no online assessments. Is this a recent thing and if so the fact that she's received nothing other confirmation that her application was received would thus suggest she's unlikely to progress to any other stages now.

Apologies if I'm covering old ground but any information would be useful.

Thanks very much

14. Moose27

Moose27 Member

I do have a feeling they might be waiting until after the next assessment days potentially so they have numbers for stage 2. That’s my optimistic take anyway! I don’t mind the waiting bit, I just want to know if I’ve passed.

Good luck with the tests!

15. Comfy

Comfy Member

From what I can remember as soon as you submitted the application you could do the online tests. The application and both tests were lumped together as phase 1.

16. TeaTrain

TeaTrain Member

I would agree Moose27. Either we are still waiting for them to work through the backlog or they are sending the next batch for stage 1 to bolster the numbers for stage 2.

17. LRV3004

LRV3004 Member

I also applied for Manchester. Have done both the online tests but heard nothing since, however as I haven't (yet) received a rejection e-mail, I'm working on the "no news is good news" theory.
    My other glimmer of hope is that I have already passed the driver psychometrics just under two years ago, so I'm hoping they may contact me when everyone else is at the interview stage and bring me in then! Wishful thinking, but one has to be optimistic!

18. ST

ST Member

I am in the same boat as above....fingers crossed!

19. micker001

micker001 Member

Good luck to those taking the assessments today.

20. beeman05

beeman05 Member

Thank you :)

21. Alight_here

Alight_here Member

Thanks, had my assessment today for the role of Trainee Conductor based at York. There were only 4 of us on the assessment day. I made it all the way to the end, so guess it’s a waiting game now....

22. kitch31

kitch31 Member

got my assessment day tomorrow, in leeds anyone already completed it what to expect any advice ?

23. Moose27

Moose27 Member

Biggest piece of advice is to hunt out a real Group Bourdon practice - the one in the prep is very different to the real ones, but hopefully you know that.

otherwise just relax and give it your best shot!

24. CreamNCookies

CreamNCookies Member

25. kitch31

kitch31 Member

I have been printing out the GB tests and doing them on paper as I’ve heard that’s how the real tests are done now a days, heard there is some “ flashing light “ test too but I am unsure I am excited and can’t wait

26. micker001

micker001 Member

How do you mean by different? Are you still looking for 4 dots?

27. CreamNCookies

CreamNCookies Member

All the practice materials were letters and stuff.

28. kitch31

kitch31 Member

I wasn’t sent any practice materials

29. micker001

micker001 Member

Ah I see what you mean can't remember the name of the test but there were backwards n and all sorts of stuff. Is that the test we do for train driver. I presumed it was the dots.

30. CreamNCookies

CreamNCookies Member

Nothing at all? I had two documents sent on the email saying I was invited to an assessment centre.