• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose27

I thought it may of been the case, thought id ask the question before booking something. At least travel home is complimentary.

I can't complain though, I had a last minute interview in Sunderland when I lived in London a few years back and no travel was provided.

I didn’t see the letter for stage 1 so bought a ticket - thankfully was just still eligible for railcard then, alas I’m too old as of now!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daveym19

Hi
I applied for Newcastle and still waiting to hear anything. I received an email about one month ago to say my application was still under review..is anyone else in the same situation for Newcastle?

charles123

Seen a few people got an email to say their application is still under review but I have heard absolutely nothing since I applied, seems very weird, still says submitted and nothing has changed since the day I applied, I emailed them a couple weeks back about it and still not heard anything back, I applied for Newcastle.

Daveym19

Hopefully we hear back soon. Maybe Newcastle is the last location they are going to look at for positions once they have the other areas sorted. Fingers crossed I guess and sit patiently waiting.

ST

Mine is the same as above for York, heard nothing. I emailed HR and they said I will receive an email at some point!

Aristo

Same here for Newcastle. Just got to keep waiting I guess. Maybe they are focousing on other locatations first.

Rover77

I've not heard anything for Preston. Still saying submitted. Has anyone for Preston heard anything?

Moose27

Hopefully we hear back soon. Maybe Newcastle is the last location they are going to look at for positions once they have the other areas sorted. Fingers crossed I guess and sit patiently waiting.

I’ve met a few people who’ve applied for Newcastle on assessments - doesn’t mean you won’t be called at some point - but I thought I should let you know!
I did my Stage 2 last week and 4/6 people there applied for Newcastle.

CreamNCookies

Yeah, i'm in it for Newcastle.

As long as your application has not said something along the lines of End of Process you're still in the game.

TeaTrain

So do you think the earlier people who have already been on stage 2 will start on an earlier course if they pass? Perhaps early bird gets the worm in this case! I booked for Feb do you think they would still be looking for people by then? Seems a shame if thats the case.

TeaTrain

wow then it would seem anyone on the Feb stage 2 will more than likely, if successful be on the June course.

KlaudiaV43

Had my stage 2 yesterday, just got invited for an interview next week! Can’t believe it!

CreamNCookies

Congratulations.

I wish I had chosen a sooner date for my stage 2 now.

11 days, just seems like an age away!

Not asking for questions that were asked, but the MMI is it as scary as it is thought to be?

Moose27

So do you think the earlier people who have already been on stage 2 will start on an earlier course if they pass? Perhaps early bird gets the worm in this case! I booked for Feb do you think they would still be looking for people by then? Seems a shame if thats the case.
Congratulations.

Not asking for questions that were asked, but the MMI is it as scary as it is thought to be?

No if it’s the same people as mine they’re both lovely (only one interviews you, but both options were really nice)

dan4291

Congratulations.

26 days away for me! At least I've got plenty time to practice, that's how I look at it anyway!

ILoveLamp

I see TPE now advertising for qualified drivers in various locations. Needed before training over I presume.
Cue loads of lesser paid drivers elsewhere applying in droves and possibly less trainee opportunities...likely timed perfectly with the Northern franchise removal. IMO.

TeaTrain

I just have a question about this question on the MMI - Describe a time when you have been on a training course over 2 weeks or greatest achievement.

Is it possible that they can ask either one of these? I have examples for both but wondering if its possible they could split that into two questions on the day. Its been years since I did the MMI ha ha!

Octopus28

Random question but does anyone know if the 2 tests (SJT etc) we did for the Trainee Driver application is the same as when applying for the Qualified Driver role? Thanks :D

Atishyou

Cue loads of lesser paid drivers elsewhere applying in droves and possibly less trainee opportunities...likely timed perfectly with the Northern franchise removal. IMO.

Or, qualified drivers applying for qualified vacancies, thereby causing trainee vacancies at their current TOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.