• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaTrain

Ok so it was interviews for 3 depots. That sort of makes me feel a bit better ha ha! Still in with a chance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Moose27

Ok so it was interviews for 3 depots. That sort of makes me feel a bit better ha ha! Still in with a chance!

Don’t worry - they know how many people they have still going, if you pass you’ll still get a DMI I’m sure.
By the way, 8,500 people applied for the roles. Top 10% from online tests were considered for stage 1 - so you’ve done amazingly well so far!

BoroAndy

Don’t worry - they know how many people they have still going, if you pass you’ll still get a DMI I’m sure.
By the way, 8,500 people applied for the roles. Top 10% from online tests were considered for stage 1 - so you’ve done amazingly well so far!

10% then is 850. Surely not that many went to stage 1 tests. Wonder what percentage did as the top of the long shortlist.

Biker

10% then is 850. Surely not that many went to stage 1 tests. Wonder what percentage did as the top of the long shortlist.
Not all the 8500 will have passed the online tests although 10% from the amount of us that did will still have been a large number.

I'm gutted as I passed round 1 assessment and was invited to round 2 but didn't get there due to an accident on the motorway and horrendous traffic. They've been very good about it and said they've put it down as day unsuitable so I'll be invited to a 2nd assessment again but looks like I've missed my chance this time.

Congratulations to everyone else that got through.

Moose27

I believe they worked down from the top of that 10% - so that would explain some people getting unsuccessful emails earlier than others. Don’t know how far down they got

Dorigo72

Has any who has had their 2nd assessment over the last couple of weeks only had to the MMI element? If so, did you have to wait all day to do it or did they get you through it handy?

Moose27

Has any who has had their 2nd assessment over the last couple of weeks only had to the MMI element? If so, did you have to wait all day to do it or did they get you through it handy?
At our day they had to do one person’s MMI in the morning as they only had 3 computers available for the testing. Imagine they’d make you the morning MMI so you can go!

Jahn

I got the rejection email but I wasn't that bothered. These roles keep coming from different companies and when it's my time, it will happen. Good luck and congratulations to everyone.

Johnny247

Hi, has anyone been told they didn’t pass there MMI interview? Or yet not heard back? I sat 2nd assessment day about 10 days ago.... not heard back yet? Thanks

Frankfurt

Hi All
Does anyone know what routes Newcastle depot sign?

Likely to end up as Edinburgh - Leeds (plus Heaton depot).

Lost Middlesbrough work and set to lose work south of Leeds (currently sign down to Liverpool) with current shake up of depot route cards due to introduction of new traction and Edinburgh work.

CreamNCookies

Well stage 2 all done. Pass on the tests and now just waiting for the MMI results.

This is going to be a long ol wait ...

CreamNCookies

Ps good luck
11 days is a long ol time. Im sure i was told id wait between 5 and 10 days.

Maybe contact TPE?

Anyway im sure i fluffed up on my MMI. You just cant tell. The way the person who did my MMI made me doubt myself, but who knows, i just need to wait and see now.

TeaTrain

Hey CreamnCookies I was also on the MMI today aswell. While the computer tests were all passed, I also think I did not do well on the MMI. I felt I answered the questions but the person had a cold and was constantly sneezing etc and then would not let me finish my sentence even after only a few seconds of talking. It seemed very rushed. I can't imagine passing despite answering the questions in the star system too. I seen her circle something she wrote down about question 3/4 and then after that the dynamic of the interview changed.

I guess you never know but you know when you have that feeling? To be fair I thought I failed the computer tests considering my green button was so sensitive I clicked it 3 times at the beginning and still managed to get through!

Good luck for everyone still in the process : )

C J Snarzell

Established Member
8,500 applied!!! Bloody Nora - although it doesn't surprise me.

I wonder how many of those applications got binned at the initial paper sift without being checked by human eyes?

CJ

Moose27

8,500 applied!!! Bloody Nora - although it doesn't surprise me.

I wonder how many of those applications got binned at the initial paper sift without being checked by human eyes?

CJ

I was told only the top 10% of the online tests got considered for assessment days.

In other news, confirmed my start date and accepted my offer today! Exciting times!

CreamNCookies

Hm the person had a cold and was constantly sneezing etc and then would not let me finish my sentence even after only a few seconds of talking. It seemed very rushed. I can't imagine passing despite answering the questions in the star system too. I seen her circle something she wrote down about question 3/4 and then after that the dynamic of the interview changed.

I had the same interviewer too.

I was constantly asked to repeat myself, and her being under the weather was a clear factor in the process.

I have to agree it did appear rushed, but who knows. As long as we touched on the right things and said the right things we both may be lucky.

Wishing you luck mate :)

TeaTrain

Wishing you luck too!

Sorry all I know I already sound like a sour grape lol.

Yeh I did my best to relate each question to that of a train driver etc. Hopefully it was enough but it was a weird one!

KlaudiaV43

Aaaaaand rejected after my DMI last week. Maybe next time. :( Good luck everyone who still has their stage 2s and interviews coming up!

TeaTrain

Unlucky KlaudiaV43. I may joining you soon after the MMI yesterday! However good luck in future applications : )

kitch31

Received my rejection email today didn’t pass the DMI not getting on the trains this time sad times

LittleWidget

I had my DMI on 4th Feb and hadn't heard back from them so I emailed recruitment today and they advised there is a delay with the decision. So just need to sit with fingers crossed for another week and see what happens :(

Moose27

Sorry to hear you didn’t make the DMI guys - well done for getting so far! Hopefully next time!

Yabba

I had my DMI on 4th Feb and hadn't heard back from them so I emailed recruitment today and they advised there is a delay with the decision. So just need to sit with fingers crossed for another week and see what happens :(

Where was your DMI?

I'm still nervously waiting for the results of my DMI in Manchester on 4th February. It seems to be taking forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.