• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atishyou

would it be easy to transfer to nottingham or manchester after 1 year?

From what I understand, they prefer it for you to apply for jobs where you want to be. Not accept a job in 1 place, then request a transfer later down the line, as they then have to recruit again. Obviously life happens and things change, but they'd prefer you to apply for your preferred location to start with.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flow1

I've applied for Sheffield on the latest recruitment drive and have gone through both initial online tests. On the alphanumerical test I'm fairly confident in my accuracy but after reading this thread not in my time of 3:35?? Any of you who have got through had a time like that?

danners430

I've applied for Sheffield on the latest recruitment drive and have gone through both initial online tests. On the alphanumerical test I'm fairly confident in my accuracy but after reading this thread not in my time of 3:35?? Any of you who have got through had a time like that?
I certainly managed it relatively quickly - not sure of the exact time, as it was quite some time ago now during the previous, now partially paused, recruitment drive!

Flow1

I certainly managed it relatively quickly - not sure of the exact time, as it was quite some time ago now during the previous, now partially paused, recruitment drive!
It seems like sub 3 mins and 100% accuracy are the benchmark, guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

Irish Rail

I did all the online assessments what seems like a lifetime ago so I genuinely can’t remember scores or times. I applied for position in Newcastle. Had forgotten all about it and just got e-mail today, was a pleasant surprise.

CreamNCookies

I did all the online assessments what seems like a lifetime ago so I genuinely can’t remember scores or times. I applied for position in Newcastle. Had forgotten all about it and just got e-mail today, was a pleasant surprise.
God, im waiting for my DMI still. Did all my online tests and psychometric tests earlier this year. DO you mind me being nosey and asking for the date it is around (dont give the excat date, may give you away if people are snooping.)

Irish Rail

God, im waiting for my DMI still. Did all my online tests and psychometric tests earlier this year. DO you mind me being nosey and asking for the date it is around (dont give the excat date, may give you away if people are snooping.)
I haven’t booked the interview yet. Was given a link to get it booked but will look over the weekend.

CreamNCookies

eee im excited for you! I'm hoping to get something soon, need to get holiday in through my current job without them suspecting anything.

TeaTrain

Looks like things are picking back up for everyone! Good luck once again! I am ready to bloody start training now! Been in limbo for what feels like an eternity!

RHolmes

Looks like things are picking back up for everyone! Good luck once again! I am ready to bloody start training now! Been in limbo for what feels like an eternity!
Unfortunately It’s still going to be a while to go yet!

Frankfurt

Just checking, is this for TPE or East Coast Ltd?

Good luck!

Fokx

Right, I think your interview is for the East Coast trainee driver job which First Group have the franchise for.

The Newcastle vacancy is for TPE and was posted several months ago, unlike the East Coast vacancy recently posted

East Coast, whilst under the First Group umbrella, is a completely desperate company to TPE. This is a thread for TPE recruitment.

CGS

The Newcastle vacancy is for TPE and was posted several months ago, unlike the East Coast vacancy recently posted

East Coast, whilst under the First Group umbrella, is a completely desperate company to TPE. This is a thread for TPE recruitment.
I know, and I think the person I am replying to has received an email from first group for a zoom interview for the East Coast vacancies and he believes it is for TPE.

dan4291

East Coast Trains are currently interviewing over Zoom. Had one with them myself this week. You can tell if the invitation email had the First logo instead of the TPE logo at the top.

DunfordBridge

Interesting auto-correction although I imagine there are a few desperate rail operators in these troubled times.

alandavies80

East Coast Trains are currently interviewing over Zoom. Had one with them myself this week. You can tell if the invitation email had the First logo instead of the TPE logo at the top.
Hi Dan4291 , I also have a zoom interview this week. Please could you tell me what type of questions they ask and any tips please. Good luck with yours.

TreacleMiller

Reading this thread suggests that there are applicants who applied in December who are still awaiting rejection or still awaiting assessments?

I applied on the latest tranche of applications for Sheffield and I'm trying to work out if that's a realistic wait time for what I'll experience.

danners430

Reading this thread suggests that there are applicants who applied in December who are still awaiting rejection or still awaiting assessments?

I applied on the latest tranche of applications for Sheffield and I'm trying to work out if that's a realistic wait time for what I'll experience.
I wouldn't say so - we applied in December, some have started, others like myself have gone through the two assessment centres and are waiting on interview. It's been a multitude of reasons, certainly not helped by the coronavirus pandemic which has put training on hold as far as I know. We got an email a few weeks ago updating us before the new batch of openings were posted, telling us the process was still ongoing, and offering us first dibs at the new jobs if we wanted to transfer.

My bet is it's simply down to the reduced staffing, working from home, closure of the training school, inability to train drivers in the cab, and having to prepare for virtual interviews that's caused the delay. Hopefully we'll get going again soon... As I still really want that job!

Status
Not open for further replies.