• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

micker001

I have done both of the tests. I went for accuracy rather than speed. I was double checking answers. I got the 40 questions done and feel like I will have them right. People with 3 mins left on the clock have absolutely smoked me though. I must have had about 10 seconds left.

Busyboy89

I have done both of the tests. I went for accuracy rather than speed. I was double checking answers. I got the 40 questions done and feel like I will have them right. People with 3 mins left on the clock have absolutely smoked me though. I must have had about 10 seconds left.

Im same mate, I definitely got them all right but was under a minute left on mine.

Rover77

I have been worried about this but have just had it confirmed in an email from TPE that they only measure accuracy not time. She went on to explain that because of outside factors such as computer speeds it would be unfair. So those using the time allocated and going for accuracy have definitely had the right approach. I now wish I had taken more time.

Sr123

I have been worried about this but have just had it confirmed in an email from TPE that they only measure accuracy not time. She went on to explain that because of outside factors such as computer speeds it would be unfair. So those using the time allocated and going for accuracy have definitely had the right approach. I now wish I had taken more time.

wow that changes what a lot of people said
You got a copy of this email?

feaky4

Accuracy will always be first but if 1000 people got all 40 they will need a way to whittle down and the only way in that instance will be speed

Rover77

• It’ll be based on accuracy, we wouldn’t take in to account how long you took to complete the test as factors out of your control can contribute as you say.

We will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.

Last edited:

TheRailMan

I emailed them as I know I messed up on one question because I thought it was time over accuracy too... I got this reply.

You would need to achieve in the 40th percentile to pass, applications are then short listed based on the scores received as we have already had a large response to these adverts so this is the fairest method to select candidates for assessment.

Aristo

I emailed them as I know I messed up on one question because I thought it was time over accuracy too... I got this reply.

You would need to achieve in the 40th
percentile to pass, applications are then short listed based on the scores received as we have already had a large response to these adverts so this is the fairest method to select
candidates for assessment.

so you need to actually be higher than the 40th percentile to be shortlisted by the sounds of it. Seems to be similar to what everyone’s been saying here. Accuracy is important but when it comes down to it speed will be used to whittle down the numbers.

TomRollo

so you need to actually be higher than the 40th percentile to be shortlisted by the sounds of it. Seems to be similar to what everyone’s been saying here. Accuracy is important but when it comes down to it speed will be used to whittle down the numbers.
Or is it that the two scores taken together will determine your overall score. I assume the scoring in the 1st test will be broader with many getting 100% in the 2nd

CreamNCookies

Also Cream n Cookies, nice profile pic, think that’s me driving :E

It's a photo of my daughters favourite train so we end up going to Beamish a bit. It's only a short ride, but she could easily spend all day on it.

feaky4

Hull and york, I was abit confused the job ad said you can only apply for 1 but when it comes to the section it says put in order the ones you want unless theres only 1 suitable

TeaTrain

Manchester Piccadilly for me : ) I had passed all my driver tests with Virgin but that was some years ago! No doubt have to take them all again if I even get that far! Good luck to everyone. It is a long process for sure. But it ain't our first rodeo so know what to expect.

Coopes1710

Sheffield 1st
Hull 2nd
Cleethorpes 3rd. Cleethorpes doesn’t take me an hour by car but but google maps says 70mins so That might be a no go.

Aristo

Well the applications close in a couple of
Hours then the waiting begins. Anyone on here got any previous experience with TPE and how much time it usually takes to hear back?

micker001

I might be asking a stupid question here but, is everything just on the second test and everyone who got to the second test have passed the first one. I thought the scenarios were a lot harder so happy to see the back of them. Or is it the 2 tests together will determine who gets to phase 2 and the psychometric testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.