• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octopus28

Hello,

Like most I completed the online application and the 2 assessments and now I'm waiting to see if I am successful. I have gone onto the online application and viewed employment history. I have included my current job, one which I've held for 4 years and my previous job. For both I had completed the 5,000 character limit writing about my role and tailoring it to job spec of train driver. However, having clicked on this section, the text I had written describing regarding my current job's roles/responsibilities has disappeared. It still has the subheadings such as dates, employer, job title but no description.

I am a bit concerned as this was most relevant. There is still the text describing my previous job. Has anyone had a similar issue?

The application forms are designed to time out after a certain amount of time, so once you start the application form you have to pretty much complete it straight away. Mine cleared twice because I took my time over an hour or so and therefore on the third time I had my stuff ready to just copy and paste into the box. It was very frustrating! Hope this helps.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
The application forms are designed to time out after a certain amount of time, so once you start the application form you have to pretty much complete it straight away. Mine cleared twice because I took my time over an hour or so and therefore on the third time I had my stuff ready to just copy and paste into the box. It was very frustrating! Hope this helps.
You should be able to save it throughout on FirstGroup’s format. Having said that I wouldn’t recommend saving it and not returning in the same ‘sitting’ as the advert would have probably been removed.

Sheridan

Hello,

Like most I completed the online application and the 2 assessments and now I'm waiting to see if I am successful. I have gone onto the online application and viewed employment history. I have included my current job, one which I've held for 4 years and my previous job. For both I had completed the 5,000 character limit writing about my role and tailoring it to job spec of train driver. However, having clicked on this section, the text I had written describing regarding my current job's roles/responsibilities has disappeared. It still has the subheadings such as dates, employer, job title but no description.

I am a bit concerned as this was most relevant. There is still the text describing my previous job. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Apologies if this is something you’ve already tried but have you tried clicking the little triangles to expand the form? I think by default it only shows one job in full and then you have to click to show the other info.

Alblue

I typed it up on a word document and copied and pasted. I proofread it online and was certain all the information had gone across and was with the character limit. It was definitely there when submitting the application. Prior to the Trainee driver application I submitted a conductor one with TP 3 weeks ago. I've gone onto that application and bizarrely enough the same issue were the most recent job history description has vanished. It makes me think that its a problem with reviewing the application, maybe it just wont expand to show all the information due to the size as I used nearly all of the character limit when writing it up.

TomRollo - I'm assuming yours is not showing your full description for your most recent job then?

In any instance I've emailed TP for advice on the matter.

Nz19

Does anyone know how many trainee drivers they are looking to recruit? I am new to this so I am not sure how many recruits TOCs take on.

na281093

I typed it up on a word document and copied and pasted. I proofread it online and was certain all the information had gone across and was with the character limit. It was definitely there when submitting the application. Prior to the Trainee driver application I submitted a conductor one with TP 3 weeks ago. I've gone onto that application and bizarrely enough the same issue were the most recent job history description has vanished. It makes me think that its a problem with reviewing the application, maybe it just wont expand to show all the information due to the size as I used nearly all of the character limit when writing it up.

TomRollo - I'm assuming yours is not showing your full description for your most recent job then?

Let me know what they say mate, mine is the same on one of my job roles.

I'm assuming it just doesn't expand due to the size of the text you have written out. I had 1 job which I went into massive detail about and 2 others which I didn't talk about in so much detail and the 2 I didn't are there where as the 1 I did it's not there when I look back on it. I'm sure they got the application all fine.

na281093

Does anyone know how many trainee drivers they are looking to recruit? I am new to this so I am not sure how many recruits TOCs take on.

Someone earlier said around 20-30 in total across all the depots. Any number is a guessed one however, only the TOC knows.

JLyons

nobody has a clue, nor about pass marks etc etc, purely all speculation

JLyons

That’s odd HR telling people like that, ask them how many it is for each depot, I’m sure they won’t mind divulging that either. Also ask them about the test marks and phase 2 assessments people wanted to know about, nice one CGS

micker001

I thought a few of us might have had results by the end of this week. I know suspect that we will get results by the end of the year. The next phase will probably start January next year and February. I can't see anyone doing phase 2 in December.

Busyboy89

It is 30 trainee drivers, although don't know specific numbers for each depot.

That’s what I’ve been told by a driver at our place mate, 30 jobs across the depots all trainee drivers.

good luck everyone!

Comfy

My application is the same. It just shows the bare details. Im confident it all submitted ok though.

Alblue

Had it confirmed from TPE that it must be a problem with the online application but they've confirmed all the information has gone across when it was submitted so nothing to worry about.

Mike121

just relax, tbh I wouldn’t email them about stuff like that. It’s just going to annoy them.

LRV3004

Anyone had any feedbk yet? No jokes.
Just checked my e-mails. Nothing yet! Given the amount of depots that were advertised, I really cannot see anything happening soon, and the Christmas/New Year break is rapidly approaching........

bobslack1982

Just checked my e-mails. Nothing yet! Given the amount of depots that were advertised, I really cannot see anything happening soon, and the Christmas/New Year break is rapidly approaching........

Seems a bit strange given that they said they wanted to do some of the assessments in December.

RHolmes

Prepare to be waiting a lot longer than a week when there’s usually over a thousand applicants per depot, let alone the broad range TPE is advertising for. Depending on the depot you might not even hear back until late February

I’m currently waiting over 6 months for another application.

na281093

From people who have got past the first stage before and been invited to an assessment day for any TOC, what’s usually the gap between the email and the assessment day? I doubt they will do a December day as they stated, seems a bit of a short time to prepare.

Nz19

Prepare to be waiting a lot longer than a week when there’s usually over a thousand applicants per depot, let alone the broad range TPE is advertising for. Depending on the depot you might not even hear back until late February

I’m currently waiting over 6 months for another application.
Could that be a talent pool that you applied for?

Status
Not open for further replies.