• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover77

Ok. Phew. Not sure what the delay has been but now got the email inviting me to do the next test and my profile on first group showing 1 assessment to do.
Cant do it until much later as off to daughters parents evening at high school.
Feel like I've been given a second life as I was sure it was over for me.
Any tips on the next one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fabs

Speed and accuracy!
Quite right, accuracy is most important, then speed. With over 1900 applications so far there has to be a way of reducing the numbers to a manageable level. Someone with 100% in 4 mins will get through ahead of someone with 90% in 2 mins.
In terms of speed required (someone has estimated 3 mins as a bench mark) it is all down to numbers. There will be x number of slots booked and paid for with OPC. It will simply be league tabled and the top x offered assessment places.
Only advice I will offer is concentrate on your own application you cannot influence the performance of others. Do your research, practice tests. It is never too early to begin to get practice time into your brain.
Know the company you want to join by the time you get to Interview, I cannot stress that enough. Nothing more annoying than being faced with someone (who has taken an interview slot from a probably equally good candidate) who haven’t researched the basics.
Good luck everyone.

richfoz84

so i thought i'd share my experience of applying for this company.

as i have said on previous page.. filled in application & did stage 1 tests. Wasn't aware if they were timed or not but took about 15-20 mins to complete. Straight away i got the link on the web page i was on to do stage 2 tests but thought as its 5 past midnight i'd do it next evening as i was tired & an email came straight through which said i had 48 hours to complete. So next night i used the email link, but it said no assessment outstanding. Tried to call this morning, automated line with chance to leave voicemail (which i doubt is manned) then an email at lunch to say i was unsuccessful & had to wait 6 months to re apply with this company.

What a waste of 90 mins / 2 hours of my life!

Never mind, on to the next!

Biker

as i have said on previous page.. filled in application & did stage 1 tests. Wasn't aware if they were timed or not but took about 15-20 mins to complete. Straight away i got the link on the web page i was on to do stage 2 tests but thought as its 5 past midnight i'd do it next evening as i was tired & an email came straight through which said i had 48 hours to complete. So next night i used the email link, but it said no assessment outstanding. Tried to call this morning, automated line with chance to leave voicemail (which i doubt is manned) then an email at lunch to say i was unsuccessful & had to wait 6 months to re apply with this company.

I did the same, did assessment 1 on Tuesday evening and didn't get back to do the second assessment until lunchtime today. When I initially logged back in it too said both assessments completed. I knew that wasn't right so clicked on the numerical assessment link and was taken straight to the assessment. Did you try to access the assessment at all?

richfoz84

I did the same, did assessment 1 on Tuesday evening and didn't get back to do the second assessment until lunchtime today. When I initially logged back in it too said both assessments completed. I knew that wasn't right so clicked on the numerical assessment link and was taken straight to the assessment. Did you try to access the assessment at all?

I’ve tried to find the second assessment but it’s not there. The email link doesn’t load at all. I can only assume both assessments are not individual on their system, who knows

Aristo

Hi all,

I’m trying to deduce how long I took on the Alphanumeric and was wondering if you guys could help as I can’t remember!

was the timer going down from a set time or counting up as I could swear I saw it going down and I have to subtract the start time from the remaining time to get my completion time.

Cheers Guys

HJohnson088

Hi all,

I’m trying to deduce how long I took on the Alphanumeric and was wondering if you guys could help as I can’t remember!

was the timer going down from a set time or counting up as I could swear I saw it going down and I have to subtract the start time from the remaining time to get my completion time.

Cheers Guys

Howdy, I'm pretty sure it started at 6:00 (six minutes) and was counting down as the test progressed.

Personally, just before I clicked 'Submit' on the final question, my timer was showing 2:57, and my resuts showed that I had taken 3:07 to complete the test.

Hope this helps.

ILoveLamp

On the initial email it stated that the tests had to be completed within 48hrs of the application start, it wasn’t 48 hours to do each test. I might be wrong, but from what you have written it’s sounds like you have gone past the 48 hrs from initial application form and therefore the system has locked you out from doing the second test. If that isn’t the case I’d be finding their careers email from somewhere or messaging them via Facebook page and asking why it has frozen you out.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Just noticed that the slots for Preston and Liverpool have been removed already, although Manchester, Cleethorpes, Scarborough and Hull are still being advertised.

CJ

Aristo

Oh I hope that doesn't mean they've decided not to take people on at those stations then. Newcastle has gone too.

Dave Tasty

Not sure. It might be that they close automatically when they have hit a target number of applications for each location. With Manchester being potentially quite large it may have a larger quota so to speak. Although I can't imagine Cleethorpes being that big and it's still open. To be honest I am surprised it hasn't completely closed already. When they advertised last year it was up and down in a couple of days.

Rover77

Im starting to worry about the time I took to do the same or different test now. Countdown was flashing red,had 1.37 left on clock. From reading this thread it sounds like I was too slow even though I am confident they were all right.
My application form is pretty strong imo. But if I am too slow will anyone even read it?

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Rover77

Sorry to say this but if the test marks don't hit the benchmark I'm afraid the actually application form will just be rejected without being looked at. As another member has said the recruitment process is cut throat and TPE will be getting applications in the four figure league for these vacancies so I'm afraid it is a dog eat dog scenario. I do hope you get through though - all the best!!!

CJ

Coopes1710

I have also completed both tests and had the email quoted.
I wish I could find out today wether I was going through to the next stage.
I have read on this forum although it was a older post about a phone interview which isn’t mentioned in the process.
Does anyone know if a telephone interview is still part of the process.
Thanks

fabs

The job advert contained all the stages.
Phone interview wasn’t one of them.

Coopes1710

Thank you. I am just keen I suppose so when I saw the older post I wanted to check even though I thought I knew the answer.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
TPE have now removed the whole vacancy for trainee drivers even though the deadline was originally tomorrow (25th November).

Given that the vacancies were for three training courses scheduled for next year, I reckon they probably won't recruit again for trainee drivers until 2021.

CJ

scouseyb123

On Moderation
TPE have now removed the whole vacancy for trainee drivers even though the deadline was originally tomorrow (25th November).

Given that the vacancies were for three training courses scheduled for next year, I reckon they probably won't recruit again for trainee drivers until 2021.

CJ

i can still see the vacancy on the website

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Oops, so your right!!!

It must have got lost during my search on the First Careers site amongst all the vacancies for trainee bus drivers!!!!!

I'll be very interested to know how many applications TPE have received for this vacancy. I reckon its well pass the 1,000 mark!

CJ

DRS66421

Hi all,
Can I just double check that you need to be 21 to apply for this as it does not state on the website?
Thanks.

TomRollo

Hi

Filled the two online tests Friday. So fairly late in the week. Again like others I think the timer just turned red on the 2nd test. But I'm sure I answered them all correctly.

Best of luck perhaps this coming week will bring further news

Coopes1710

Oops, so your right!!!

It must have got lost during my search on the First Careers site amongst all the vacancies for trainee bus drivers!!!!!

I'll be very interested to know how many applications TPE have received for this vacancy. I reckon its well pass the 1,000 mark!

CJ

Sheffield has been removed from the original list

Aristo

This is my first experience with TPE. I applied for a vacancy with another TOC around a year ago a didn't hear anything for around 5 months. I then received an email saying they decided to not go ahead with the vacancy. I'm sure TPE will be much better! :)

bobslack1982

Just looked and as they’ve taken one of the options off the list, I’m now 66 minutes away from the nearest depot according to Google maps. Is it even worth my bothering to finish the application?

Coopes1710

I have gone back into my profile and added more information as the application asked for the last 5 years employment which is what I did. The problem I have is that most of my qualifications come from the employment I had over 5 years ago so I have now expanded only to realise even though my profile has updated it won’t show on the application I sent. I was so keen to get a application in with the worry it may get taken down early I feel I rushed it. I am going to try my luck and call them tomorrow to see if my updated profile will be seen when they pull up the applications.

Busyboy89

Just looked and as they’ve taken one of the options off the list, I’m now 66 minutes away from the nearest depot according to Google maps. Is it even worth my bothering to finish the application?
Where were you looking at bobslack? As in what depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.