• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ83

Does TPE let you know either way? This is the first time ive ever applied for a job on the railways, an interview just for the experience would be nice. I'm not checking my emails religiously, if its happens... it happens. But just curious if they dont take my application any further will they inform me, or change the status on my application online?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CreamNCookies

Does TPE let you know either way? This is the first time ive ever applied for a job on the railways, an interview just for the experience would be nice. I'm not checking my emails religiously, if its happens... it happens. But just curious if they dont take my application any further will they inform me, or change the status on my application online?
They should do. But if you receive nothing say within the next week or so, drop them an email.

Dorigo72

I applied for Liverpool and have had an assessment invite, just waiting for a response as to whether my current results can be used rather than having to take them again.
I'm in the same boat as you, completed stages 1 and 2 last year, failing only on the MMI - but been invited to Stage 1 assessment next week. Waiting to hear off The OPC if I have to sit it. Have you heard anything yet?

TeaTrain

No that will be it for the first stage of assessments. They are the paper tests etc. The computer tests and MMI will be on another day.

For those who do not know if you click on the careers tab there is a stickied thread where you can download a group bourdon test software. It will help you to prepare : )

jwc04

I done all the paper tests, the computer based tests then the MMI all in one day spread over 8 hours, I was goosed at the end!

ThunderPro

No that will be it for the first stage of assessments. They are the paper tests etc. The computer tests and MMI will be on another day.

For those who do not know if you click on the careers tab there is a stickied thread where you can download a group bourdon test software. It will help you to prepare : )

Great. Thank you for the clarification

TeaTrain

Wow thats brutal! I id all the paper tests one day and then came back for the computer tests MMI and driver interview for the second day and THAT was tiring enough!!

L401CJF

Established Member
I'm in the same boat as you, completed stages 1 and 2 last year, failing only on the MMI - but been invited to Stage 1 assessment next week. Waiting to hear off The OPC if I have to sit it. Have you heard anything yet?

I haven't no, I'll keep you posted!

C001

I done all the paper tests, the computer based tests then the MMI all in one day spread over 8 hours, I was goosed at the end!

yep I was the same ! In at 8.30 am.. back out at 4pm.. thankfully started my drivers course this week!

Giz

Anyone get an invite who applied for York?

Last edited:

TheVicLine

It doesn't seem to have been mentioned on here but as part of the re-negotiated rest day working agreement agreed between ASLEF and TPE this week, trainee drivers will now receive the full drivers salary after their probation period has ended. Which is eight weeks after starting their training.

Good luck all, and maybe see you soon :D

GuardD

It doesn't seem to have been mentioned on here but as part of the re-negotiated rest day working agreement agreed between ASLEF and TPE this week, trainee drivers will now receive the full drivers salary after their probation period has ended. Which is eight weeks after starting their training.

Good luck all, and maybe see you soon :D
That cant be right surely

So you are on 58k after 2 months??

GuardD

You're not qualified after 2 months though

Never heard of a driver going onto full pay after 8 weeks

Octopus28

You're not qualified after 2 months though

Never heard of a driver going onto full pay after 8 weeks
I know loads of drivers who have passed out and gone straight onto full rate. It just depends on the TOC I suppose.

GuardD

I understand that but the post suggests you get full pay after 8 weeks

You are not passed out after 8 weeks.

na281093

I'm assuming he meant 8 weeks after finishing your training? I know some TOC's have a 6 month probation after finishing your training which you need to pass to then go onto full salary.

Octopus28

I'm assuming he meant 8 weeks after finishing your training? I know some TOC's have a 6 month probation after finishing your training which you need to pass to then go onto full salary.

yeah that’s what I think he means also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.