• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorigo72

Has anyone who’s already passed the tests heard anything from tpe? Ie they don’t have to attend this stage?
I've just spoken to The OPC, he had literally just been passed a sheet of names for people that dont need to attend the 1st Stage - I've been put straight through to DMI so dont need to attend.
He's going to speak to TPE resources to get message out to applicants.
HOWEVER he did also say that TPE use enhanced standard, so dont assume because you have passed before that you won't need to attend.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busyboy89

I've just spoken to The OPC, he had literally just been passed a sheet of names for people that dont need to attend the 1st Stage - I've been put straight through to DMI so dont need to attend.
HOWEVER he did also say that TPE use enhanced standard, so dont assume because you have passed before that you won't need to attend.

TPE rang me earlier mate said same thing. Got to wait for them to contact me after new year about dates etc. Good luck for everyone doing the tests over the next few days

ThunderPro

I presume you have previously passed the assessment stage to the ‘enhanced standard’ TPE enforce?

davye

Hi guys, got my assessment this week in Leeds, been practising the tests online etc, anyone got any advice of anything in particular you need to pay extra attention to? Also is there a dress code for the day? I’ve heard you won’t actually see anyone from TPE until interview stage if you make it that far.

L401CJF

Established Member
Hi guys, got my assessment this week in Leeds, been practising the tests online etc, anyone got any advice of anything in particular you need to pay extra attention to? Also is there a dress code for the day? I’ve heard you won’t actually see anyone from TPE until interview stage if you make it that far.

When I did them a few months ago I just went casual smart- shirt, jumper and some smart looking chinos. Others went in the full interview kit, others went in jeans and T-Shirt but providing you dont look ready to party in Ibiza you'll be fine. I did them with for an application at DRS, and there was a woman there from DRS who was also in my interview so always play safe!

On the subject of whether I would have to take the tests or not having already passed, I have heard nothing from First but my slot is booked tomorrow. I have since phoned the OPC, been told I have passed stage 1 and 2 assessments to TPEs pass mark and will not have to attend, so should be put straight to interview stage.

Best of luck to all those attending assessments this week - I wouldn't spend hours and hours practicing, but I would suggest having a look at the PC based group bourdon test (yes the real one is paper) which can be found pinned on this forum as it shows the dots layed out exactly how they appear in the test which is quite different to the wordsearch style practice they send in the practice packs. After we sat it at DRS a few candidates had commented on how tricky they found it as it was nothing like the practices, whereas it as exactly how i expected it to luck so felt a lot more comfortable doing it.

TeaTrain

I just called OPC too to find out if my tests were valid. 2 days out! How unlucky lol. I will be resitting them all again. By the way its 3 years for TPE. OPC verified it.

Busyboy89

Out of you guys that have spoken to the OPC have any of you had official word from TPE?

I haven’t spoken to opc pal, had an response via email when I first asked about my tests from tpe, saying that they’d be in touch before the assessment day but to book it just in case my results aren’t high enough or expired. Then I got a phone call Early this morning from a lovely lady saying I didn’t need to attend this stage and they’d be in touch after Xmas.

Last edited:

ST

Has anyone got a contact number for TPE or is the communication via email?

Thanks in advance.

micker001

I applied for Preston. Not heard anything yet. I've never taken the test so don't expect to be told I am through to the next stage without having to do the test.

I'm very patient so I'll wait for the email. I haven't been checking my spam so I might have got caught out .

daddy_badger

I applied for Preston. Not heard anything yet. I've never taken the test so don't expect to be told I am through to the next stage without having to do the test.

I'm very patient so I'll wait for the email. I haven't been checking my spam so I might have got caught out .
You will know if you have an email, i presume it would be copied on your profile for tpe login.

micker001

I just logged in. Nothing so far. Have anyone had rejection letters yet? Good luck to those that have got assessments upcoming

Alc123

Applied with first choice train application. Application still says submitted rather than in progress- anyone in same position?

micker001

I did apply on the last day of submission, whether that has anything to do with it?

I don't think so. I got mine in well on time. I can still withdraw my application. I don't consider myself out until I get told I'm out. The only other thing is if I haven't heard anything by March.

L-J

Just want to wish everyone who is sitting their assessments today & tomorrow all the best of luck.

TeaTrain

I'm curious to know if the 12:15 members who sat the tests and finished at 16:00 were told at the end if they passed or will have to wait until the next day etc to find out? Its been so long for me now I have to admit I am getting a little nervous!

JLyons

this is 100% accurate. But like others have said above, stop worrying about the salary and concentrate on other aspects to getting this job.

Hi mike, I take it you work for TPE HR? As I have some other questions if you do

Status
Not open for further replies.