• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

L401CJF

Established Member
I'm curious to know if the 12:15 members who sat the tests and finished at 16:00 were told at the end if they passed or will have to wait until the next day etc to find out? Its been so long for me now I have to admit I am getting a little nervous!
When i sat mine in September with another company, they where taken away to be marked and marked again to be sure. Didn't find out for a week or so.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TeaTrain

Thanks for replying. It helps to know so not to expect it any news straight away. Good luck to everyone who attended today and those of us tomorrow!

James71

So I'm currently sitting assessments with another TOC which have the same standard of pass. Ive not heard back from TPE yet, would they be waiting until they've seen my scores before doing anything?

Or am I arrogant for suggesting it?? Haha

GuardD

How would tpe know you are doing assessments with another TOC?

Hoping some more of us hear something shortly about the next intake of assessments

Theres only 2 vacancies where I have applied so it's a very long shot

Runner1708

How would tpe know you are doing assessments with another TOC?

Hoping some more of us hear something shortly about the next intake of assessments

Theres only 2 vacancies where I have applied so it's a very long shot

Where did you apply for?

I still haven’t had anything either way :0(

L-J

Just to let people know that TPE have been cancelling their trains this morning mine being one of them, I'm travelling from Durham, their tickets aren't valid on any other services at the moment, so I've had to buy another ticket so that I can get down in time for the 12.15 assessment.

Brad1

Hi guys, hope the assessments have gone well for the people taking them over the last couple of days!! Just out of interest, how many people where in each session?

Biker

Hi guys, hope the assessments have gone well for the people taking them over the last couple of days!! Just out of interest, how many people where in each session?
We had 18 of us in our assessment this morning. Nice group of people, the morning went very quickly and tests weren't as bad as I was expecting.
We were told they will try to get us our results before Xmas but in reality it will more than likely be by the end of the first week in January.

Coopes1710

We had 18 of us in our assessment this morning. Nice group of people, the morning went very quickly and tests weren't as bad as I was expecting.
We were told they will try to get us our results before Xmas but in reality it will more than likely be by the end of the first week in January.

Do you know from talking to people there today if the 18 people have applied for the same stations or was it a total mix.

TeaTrain

I can back up Bikers statement from the afternoon. There were about 20-25 ish? I wasn't counting but it filled the room. A good mix of nice people. I believe I didn't do that well so not expecting to go through to the next stage. A shame really considering I had already passed them all to enhanced standard. I just felt off and a bit tired. Good luck to those who progress further!

LRV3004

I can back up Bikers statement from the afternoon. There were about 20-25 ish? I wasn't counting but it filled the room. A good mix of nice people. I believe I didn't do that well so not expecting to go through to the next stage. A shame really considering I had already passed them all to enhanced standard. I just felt off and a bit tired. Good luck to those who progress further!
Why did you have to sit the tests again if you've already passed them at enhanced level? Seems a bit odd you should have to sit them again!

LammyFC

Sent my application in on the 22nd November for Manchester and still haven't heard anything, hopefully I will soon

Busyboy89

Was your 5 years validity up?

I think some tocs are different some have 2 years some 3. All depends on the toc. I did the tests with EMT about a year ago and was told they were valid for 2 years.
I read somewhere on this thread it was 3 year for tpe but I can’t vouch for that just what I’ve seen on here.

TeaTrain

Yes its 3 years for TPE it was verified today. Yep bad luck but that is the game unfortunately! I just hope I passed to the national standard so I didn't lose a life!

Interestingly if that is the case then some of my other recent applications will be OK. They are 5 years and everything else including MMI is still enhanced. Its a funny old game.

L401CJF

Established Member
Also worth mentioning my phone call to OPC last week confirmed although I have passed to enhanced with another operator, not all TOCs have the same level as enhanced, so a pass to ones enhanced standard may be lower than that required by another.

A big hi to all,

This is my first post on here, and wondered if anyone can help or advise?

I recently attended an interview with ScotRail for a position in Perth (not sure it was the MMI or DMI) and although I thought it went rather well I got bombed out last week!

They did ask if I had applied for any other positions with any other TOCs, so I told them about my TPE application and that I'd passed the first stage.

Could this be the reason I didn't progress any further with ScotRail, and can this have any effect on my TPE application?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

P.S. Well done to all who had their assessments in Leeds this week! I hope it went well for you all!

Jahn

Hi all,

I also applied for this post and completed the two online assessments. As the date came nearer to the assessment just gone I became a nervous as I didn't hear anything back.
I emailed FG recruitment and told my application was still under review and that some applicants had gone through to the next stage however, they have not had any confirmation of further dates coming available.

I suppose who ever else is waiting on a response can only wait a little more.
Good luck to those waiting on a response of their assessment taken this week.

LRV3004

Also worth mentioning my phone call to OPC last week confirmed although I have passed to enhanced with another operator, not all TOCs have the same level as enhanced, so a pass to ones enhanced standard may be lower than that required by another.
I may be wrong here, but I read your post in such a way that if you've passed the psychometrics to enhanced standard, one company would accept it, but another wouldn't? That's a grey area isn't it? Surely it's either national or enhanced, and not "enhanced for one company but not enhanced enough for another"?

JLyons

There’s i
I may be wrong here, but I read your post in such a way that if you've passed the psychometrics to enhanced standard, one company would accept it, but another wouldn't? That's a grey area isn't it? Surely it's either national or enhanced, and not "enhanced for one company but not enhanced enough for another"?

there’s only one official pass mark and that’s a standard pass. Anything else is one made up by the particular TOC so could be set to any level they desire (as long as it’s above the national standard) hence why you can take the tests as many times as you want as long as you pass the standard bench mark

Status
Not open for further replies.