• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner1708

Yes but the poster pointed out he had been told they were actively seeking more female candidates. You can't blame folk being put off applying when they are the wrong gender in the first place. It's amazing how the whole discrimination in the work place has gone so far the other way nowadays....

I’m female Applied for Manchester and still haven’t heard either way

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GuardD

January assessment days have been filled.

They will keep filling places until there are no more dates left. No confirmation of remaining dates

TeaTrain

Hmmm I haven't heard anything about my stage 1 tests yet. I am guessing it will be Monday now. Although I suspect having done them before and knowing I did not do as well this time, I know the answer coming. Good luck to everyone going for stage 1 next week!!

Runner1708

January assessment days have been filled.

They will keep filling places until there are no more dates left. No confirmation of remaining dates

how are they doing this I don’t get it. If you haven’t had a no after online assessments does that mean you will be getting an assessment date in due course? Is it done in score order and once the dates have gone that’s that?

L-J

Just got an email saying unsuccessful after the assessment day in Leeds last month. Just off the phone to OPC, I passed them all, but group bourdon was only to National standard but TPE are after enhanced. Taking a plus from it that if any other local TOCs nearby are looking I’ve already passed the first few tests. Good luck to everyone else with TPE

Hiya Davye, I recieved the same email today, but I'm wanting to get feedback on my assessment, who do I phone to find out? Would you be able to PM me with an OPC contact number? As I saw in your reply that you'd spoken with them today...I can't PM you. Thanks.

micker001

How does this work regarding the 2 lives. If TPE are after an enhanced pass, does this lose a life or can you apply somewhere else and say I passed standard on the first stage.

I haven't taken any test as of yet but just wondering for the ones that have and been unsuccessful.

ST

Happy to be corrected, but the fact is the OP has passed the tests, just not to the Enhanced level in part as required by TPE, therefore would not lose a life.

baz962

Established Member
Happy to be corrected, but the fact is the OP has passed the tests, just not to the Enhanced level in part as required by TPE, therefore would not lose a life.
The OP would only have one life left at enhanced. If they had another go to try for enhanced and failed on any part , or only reached standard , then that result overrides the first one .

JLyons

The OP would only have one life left at enhanced. If they had another go to try for enhanced and failed on any part , or only reached standard , then that result overrides the first one .

That’s incorrect. There’s only one official pass mark and that’s the national standard pass set by the RSSB. As long as they pass to the official benchmark then they can take the tests as many times as they want.

TeaTrain

That is how it was explained to me as well JLyons. There is only one official pass mark and I would not lose a life if I only reach standard. I would still have to wait 6 months to apply to the same TOC though. Good luck to all. Still waiting for my stage 1 results!

LRV3004

Still nothing yet! No rejection e-mail either! All rather odd! Applied for Manchester. Oh well, it is what it is! The wait continues!

baz962

Established Member
That’s incorrect. There’s only one official pass mark and that’s the national standard pass set by the RSSB. As long as they pass to the official benchmark then they can take the tests as many times as they want.
I asked at the OPC when I did mine. I think you are mis reading my post . You get two lives . If you pass national only, then you have a choice to try for enhanced. If you fail to enhanced and pass to national , then you can try for enhanced again. If you only pass to national again , then you won't get another go at enhanced ( third try ) . If you fail even to national , then it wipes out you're first results. I actually asked the question and was given this answer, at the OPC in Watford at my second assessment day.

baz962

Established Member
And to add , people have failed additional tests twice , such as visual search exercise that are not part of the official assessment process , but some toc's use . They then can't apply to toc's that use them .

Comfy

Isn't the enhanced pass mark set by the TOC though? So an enhanced pass for one company isn't necessarily an enhanced pass for another?

JLyons

Isn't the enhanced pass mark set by the TOC though? So an enhanced pass for one company isn't necessarily an enhanced pass for another?

that’s correct. Baz has got his wires crossed.

there’s only one official pass mark which is set by the RSSB fail to meet the standard pass results in losing a life.

lose two life’s and you can’t take them again (unless there’s changes to the testing)

enhanced pass marks are levels that have been purely made up by the TOC / foc and can differ between companies.

each time you take the tests they overwrite the previous results, you have to wait 6 months between taking the tests. The validity of the results has a different lifespan from TOC to TOC, some
Only accept them from 3 years ago some
From 5 etc.

Daveym19

Hi
I have applied for trainee train driver position for Newcastle. I have submitted the application and then completed the 2 online assessments back on 18th November , I have had no further correspondence but when I log in it says application submitted. Does anyone else have this? And does this mean I may still be asked for the next stage?

Jahn

I've still not heard nothing, I chose Manchester as my first choice. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming assessment.

ThunderPro

So I assume then you are being considered for the other two you applied for? Possibly good news if they just rejected you for Manchester by the sounds of it!

It’s a nice idea but sadly not the case... I have been specifically told I haven’t passed the assessment therefore it’s impossible that I would progress further at a different location

Status
Not open for further replies.