• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveym19

I've still not heard nothing, I chose Manchester as my first choice. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming assessment.
It’s just a waiting game I guess then. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. I did read someone saying if we haven’t heard by now it may mean we are progressing to next stage,as he’s heard a lot got a fail email within a few days of competing the online assessments.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ILoveLamp

It’s a nice idea but sadly not the case... I have been specifically told I haven’t passed the assessment therefore it’s impossible that I would progress further at a different location
Ahh..sorry to hear that. I was confused when you just mentioned Manchester in your earlier post. At least you have had some experience of the process and no doubt will be better set up for your next application.

Alc123

Hi
I have applied for trainee train driver position for Newcastle. I have submitted the application and then completed the 2 online assessments back on 18th November , I have had no further correspondence but when I log in it says application submitted. Does anyone else have this? And does this mean I may still be asked for the next stage?
It’s a nice idea but sadly not the case... I have been specifically told I haven’t passed the assessment therefore it’s impossible that I would progress further at a different location
Was this the online assessment or assessment day?

L-J

Can anyone point me in the right direction for obtaining my results? Phone number / email address

Cheers

I replied to the email they'd sent me, plus I also sent an email requesting feedback with the email link within the email they'd sent me, this was on Friday, I've just received an email containing my feedback. I didn't pass the Group Bourdon test, but they've asked me to apply again in 6 months. I passed all the other assessments.

HJohnson088

Afternoon all,

With regards to the free travel on TPE trains for the assessment day, on my 'Assessment Centre Detail' page it says the following:

"Authority to Travel with TransPennine Express

This letter confirms that you are authorised to travel Standard Class on TPE services on the date stated above only for the purposes of attending Trainee Conductor Assessment day.

Please ensure you bring a copy of this letter with you on the day and present it to the traincrew"

Underneath this there is then the option to upload a photo - does anyone know what this is for?
It's just that I can see no mention of needing to upload any photos, either on that page or in my emails.

Thanks in advance

CreamNCookies

Afternoon all,

With regards to the free travel on TPE trains for the assessment day, on my 'Assessment Centre Detail' page it says the following:

"Authority to Travel with TransPennine Express

This letter confirms that you are authorised to travel Standard Class on TPE services on the date stated above only for the purposes of attending Trainee Conductor Assessment day.

Please ensure you bring a copy of this letter with you on the day and present it to the traincrew"

Underneath this there is then the option to upload a photo - does anyone know what this is for?
It's just that I can see no mention of needing to upload any photos, either on that page or in my emails.

Thanks in advance

I've sent an email regarding this, mainly because it says Trainee conductor assessment day, but I also asked about the photo part.

When (and if) I get a reply, ill post the reply on here.

Moose27

Hi all,

Been reading for a while and finally decided to sign up. I applied for York and was fortunate enough to attend Stage 1 at Leeds before Christmas.

Yet to receive my results - I’m worried I might break my refresh button on my emails!

Good luck to everyone in the process.

beeman05

Hi all,

Been reading for a while and finally decided to sign up. I applied for York and was fortunate enough to attend Stage 1 at Leeds before Christmas.

Yet to receive my results - I’m worried I might break my refresh button on my emails!

Good luck to everyone in the process.

Hello mate,

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth to help hopefully calm you down.

I am doing my first assessment stage in Leeds for TPE this week and have been talking to a friend of a friend who before Xmas started with Scotrail up here. He said his application from initially applying to starting was almost 12 months exactly. He said like you between stages nothing happened quickly. Hopefully good news comes to you sooner than later as its the waiting that's the hardest part!

Duncan Bray

Hi Guys

First time posting and hoping someone can clarify something for me.

I applied for a drivers position back in July 2018 but failed the assessment centre.

My wife recently applied for driver positions advertised in late November for Manchester. She received an email confirming her application had been received but nothing since. Going off previous threads that seems relatively normal with the Christmas break but people seem to be mentioning online assessments and she's received nothing in relation to this. When I applied there were no online assessments. Is this a recent thing and if so the fact that she's received nothing other confirmation that her application was received would thus suggest she's unlikely to progress to any other stages now.

Apologies if I'm covering old ground but any information would be useful.

Thanks very much

Moose27

Hello mate,

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth to help hopefully calm you down.

I am doing my first assessment stage in Leeds for TPE this week and have been talking to a friend of a friend who before Xmas started with Scotrail up here. He said his application from initially applying to starting was almost 12 months exactly. He said like you between stages nothing happened quickly. Hopefully good news comes to you sooner than later as its the waiting that's the hardest part!

I do have a feeling they might be waiting until after the next assessment days potentially so they have numbers for stage 2. That’s my optimistic take anyway! I don’t mind the waiting bit, I just want to know if I’ve passed.

Good luck with the tests!

Comfy

Hi Guys

I applied for a drivers position back in July 2018 but failed the assessment centre.

My wife recently applied for driver positions advertised in late November for Manchester. She received an email confirming her application had been received but nothing since. Going off previous threads that seems relatively normal with the Christmas break but people seem to be mentioning online assessments and she's received nothing in relation to this. When I applied there were no online assessments. Is this a recent thing and if so the fact that she's received nothing other confirmation that her application was received would thus suggest she's unlikely to progress to any other stages now.

Thanks very much
From what I can remember as soon as you submitted the application you could do the online tests. The application and both tests were lumped together as phase 1.

TeaTrain

I do have a feeling they might be waiting until after the next assessment days potentially so they have numbers for stage 2. That’s my optimistic take anyway! I don’t mind the waiting bit, I just want to know if I’ve passed.

I would agree Moose27. Either we are still waiting for them to work through the backlog or they are sending the next batch for stage 1 to bolster the numbers for stage 2.

LRV3004

Hi Guys

Thanks very much
I also applied for Manchester. Have done both the online tests but heard nothing since, however as I haven't (yet) received a rejection e-mail, I'm working on the "no news is good news" theory.
My other glimmer of hope is that I have already passed the driver psychometrics just under two years ago, so I'm hoping they may contact me when everyone else is at the interview stage and bring me in then! Wishful thinking, but one has to be optimistic!

beeman05

Thank you :)

Alight_here

Good luck to those taking the assessments today.

Thanks, had my assessment today for the role of Trainee Conductor based at York. There were only 4 of us on the assessment day. I made it all the way to the end, so guess it’s a waiting game now....

kitch31

got my assessment day tomorrow, in leeds anyone already completed it what to expect any advice ?

Moose27

got my assessment day tomorrow, in leeds anyone already completed it what to expect any advice ?
Biggest piece of advice is to hunt out a real Group Bourdon practice - the one in the prep is very different to the real ones, but hopefully you know that.

otherwise just relax and give it your best shot!

kitch31

I have been printing out the GB tests and doing them on paper as I’ve heard that’s how the real tests are done now a days, heard there is some “ flashing light “ test too but I am unsure I am excited and can’t wait

micker001

Biggest piece of advice is to hunt out a real Group Bourdon practice - the one in the prep is very different to the real ones, but hopefully you know that.

otherwise just relax and give it your best shot!

How do you mean by different? Are you still looking for 4 dots?

micker001

Ah I see what you mean can't remember the name of the test but there were backwards n and all sorts of stuff. Is that the test we do for train driver. I presumed it was the dots.

CreamNCookies

Ah I see what you mean can't remember the name of the test but there were backwards n and all sorts of stuff. Is that the test we do for train driver. I presumed it was the dots.
Nothing at all? I had two documents sent on the email saying I was invited to an assessment centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.