• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristo

Good luck to all those with assessments tomorrow and best wishes to all those who had them today! Hopefully we will hear about the next assessment days with ink the next week or so!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yabba

Well that was fun. No idea how I've done but I'm confident I've done my best at the time. Saying that though I didn't realise how quickly 8 minutes goes when you're looking at dials

kitch31

Well that was fun. No idea how I've done but I'm confident I've done my best at the time. Saying that though I didn't realise how quickly 8 minutes goes when you're looking at dials
Yea well I managed 30/43 and I knew all 30 were correct the women at the side of me only managed 18!

Yabba

Yea well I managed 30/43 and I knew all 30 were correct the women at the side of me only managed 18!
I managed 31 and was just about to mark the 32nd when he called time and I lost track of what I was going to put.

During the Group Bourdon when he first said "change" it made me jump and I ended up marking between two groups of dots

kitch31

oh dear well he said we should find out back end of next week or start of the following week so fingers crossed

micker001

Nothing so far. I'm expecting something over the next couple of weeks. As soon as the slots are filled for the first assessments i think the rest will get the unsuccessful email.

I'm just hoping I get to do the first assessment as will all of us. I just think the standard is going to be so high that it's an achievement just getting to assessment 1. 2 other people who I work with have applied for the same job and both heard nothing so far.

Frankfurt

Has anyone from the first batch of assessment days heard they've passed? I believe a few unlucky people have been notified they didn't pass?

BoroAndy

Going back to day 1. Did anyone get rejected after their application and do we know total number of applications yet?

ILoveLamp

Nothing so far. I'm expecting something over the next couple of weeks. As soon as the slots are filled for the first assessments i think the rest will get the unsuccessful email.

I'm just hoping I get to do the first assessment as will all of us. I just think the standard is going to be so high that it's an achievement just getting to assessment 1. 2 other people who I work with have applied for the same job and both heard nothing so far.
Do you currently work on the Railways fella? If not, seems weird that three of you from same work place have applied for this line of work, unless of course you’d all started talking about it and decided to go for it? I’m not telling anyone at my place of work, partly due to trust (you never know who is speaking to management etc) and partly don’t wanna increase my competition, there is more than enough already! ;)

micker001

Do you currently work on the Railways fella? If not, seems weird that three of you from same work place have applied for this line of work, unless of course you’d all started talking about it and decided to go for it? I’m not telling anyone at my place of work, partly due to trust (you never know who is speaking to management etc) and partly don’t wanna increase my competition, there is more than enough already! ;)

No. Only after the deadline I mentioned it to someone and they had already applied. They knew someone else that had applied. I don't work in the rail industry.

beeman05

No. Only after the deadline I mentioned it to someone and they had already applied. They knew someone else that had applied. I don't work in the rail industry.

One tip I will give anyone for the assessment centre - take your ID and proof of national insurance!

Two guys got turned away yesterday morning for not having their proof of N.I!

kitch31

One tip I will give anyone for the assessment centre - take your ID and proof of national insurance!

yea same 2 people got turned away on thursday morning.

TeaTrain

People were accepted when I did the 1st stage the other week in Leeds despite having no proof of NI number. They claimed it didn't say on the email and didn't know. After the OPC guy going out he came back and accepted it as an answer. Funny how nearly everyone else got the same email and had the correct documents...One guy even turned up in dirty trainers, a Tesco bag and no dress code whatsoever. If they choose to do that then fine. It winds me up considering there are many who are taking it seriously. Needless to say he was told to leave lol.

Brilufc

How are TPE doing the recruitment?is it purely based on the 2 online tests to decide who is invited to first stage assessment or does your application come into it at this point?

beeman05

How are TPE doing the recruitment?is it purely based on the 2 online tests to decide who is invited to first stage assessment or does your application come into it at this point?

Its an initial online application no doubt similar to other TOCs. If you pass that there is a 1st assessment followed by a 2nd assessment followed by a driver manager interview as the final stage.

Brilufc

Its an initial online application no doubt similar to other TOCs. If you pass that there is a 1st assessment followed by a 2nd assessment followed by a driver manager interview as the final stage.
I
Sorry if my post wasnt clear. When originally applying everybody had to do two online tests aswell as the application. I meant how does everybody think they are picking people for the first stage of assessment. Is it purely based on how quick you completed the online tests or do they factor in the application form aswell at this point.

2L70

On Moderation
Good luck everyone... understand there's a few vacancies to fill sounds like this video

L401CJF

Established Member

I wasn't told to take any when I sat them last year, but was asked for it when I got ther. Luckily enough I had just submitted a mortgage application so had wageslips attached to an email on my phone showing my address and NI number, which the OPC examiner said was fine.

Sr123

2 people got turned away for being late.
They blamed TPE trains lol.
I stayed overnight instead of chancing train delays.

beeman05

I wasn't told to take any when I sat them last year, but was asked for it when I got ther. Luckily enough I had just submitted a mortgage application so had wageslips attached to an email on my phone showing my address and NI number, which the OPC examiner said was fine.

Must have changed the documents they ask for on this round of assessments because it was in the email they sent when I confirmed my assessment date.

It sounds harsh but I guess they have a process for a reason.

LouG

Thanks,
I am near Hamilton, just for car share opportunities should we progress any further!
Still waiting to hear back.

Status
Not open for further replies.