• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose27

I just have a question about this question on the MMI - Describe a time when you have been on a training course over 2 weeks or greatest achievement.

Is it possible that they can ask either one of these? I have examples for both but wondering if its possible they could split that into two questions on the day. Its been years since I did the MMI ha ha!

Would imagine it’s possible. They didn’t ask the 2 weeks one on my day. I wouldn’t have had a very good example of that!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Moose27

When did you do your MMI? I'm going to Vietnam for 2 weeks after my MMI next week!! Did they give you a choice of dates again?

No choice of dates or times for me. I can’t make my interview this week so I’m waiting to hear back about an alternative. I’ll let you know how that goes so you have an idea

Dorigo72

No choice of dates or times for me. I can’t make my interview this week so I’m waiting to hear back about an alternative. I’ll let you know how that goes so you have an idea
Cheers Moose and good luck with your interview. I emailed them and tried to get a change of date for my 2nd Assessment to this week as I only have to do the MMI, but nothing available. Will just have to hope they are accommodating to alternatives.
Its mad that every other stage has been so long between each other and then so quick for the DMI!!
Then again last time I did the assessments for Freightliner they did the DMI on the same day as the MMI and all other 2and stage assessments- that was an intense day!!!
How did you find the MMI, I thought I breezed it last time but failed on just one question.

WM0994

Good evening all,

I know this has probably been asked many times..

I just wondered what interview comes first? I have an interview coming up for Southern after passing all my assessments and just wondered if it is the DMI or MMI interview first?

Thanks in advance!

kitch31

Good evening all,

I know this has probably been asked many times..

I just wondered what interview comes first? I have an interview coming up for Southern after passing all my assessments and just wondered if it is the DMI or MMI interview first?

Thanks in advance!
usually MMI and then DMI, I did my MMI after my second lot of assesments and got my DMI interview this Wednesday that's with TPE

Moose27

Cheers Moose and good luck with your interview. I emailed them and tried to get a change of date for my 2nd Assessment to this week as I only have to do the MMI, but nothing available. Will just have to hope they are accommodating to alternatives.
Its mad that every other stage has been so long between each other and then so quick for the DMI!!
Then again last time I did the assessments for Freightliner they did the DMI on the same day as the MMI and all other 2and stage assessments- that was an intense day!!!
How did you find the MMI, I thought I breezed it last time but failed on just one question.

Thanks!

MMI wise I found it ok - the lady interviewing was really nice. I felt like I’d performed as best I could because I’d prepared some examples to use for various questions that were very detailed and vivid. I tried to focus them all to the requirements for the role that you can glean from the job description.

I convinced myself that I hadn’t talked enough about safety but clearly I did ok!

Just reconfirmed by DMI for the original slot as I managed to make times work. It’s a miracle! :lol:

TeaTrain

Anyone know about how long the MMI lasts for? Is it roughly an hour? So with 6 questions its a matter of ten minutes per question?

Good luck to everyone who is having their DMI this week! I am sure you will pass and get that coveted key!

PickleTree

Anyone know about how long the MMI lasts for? Is it roughly an hour? So with 6 questions its a matter of ten minutes per question?

Good luck to everyone who is having their DMI this week! I am sure you will pass and get that coveted key!

I think it varies but my interviewer told me it would last anywhere between 60 and 90 minutes. I was in there for 90 minutes! I did pass though!

TeaTrain

Nice one PickleTree! When is your DMI?
Did you get asked the full 6 questions or a selection of them?

PickleTree

Nice one PickleTree! When is your DMI?
Did you get asked the full 6 questions or a selection of them?
I got asked all 6 questions. We were also made aware that we could be asked some questions based on the SJT questions you answer on the computer beforehand. He told me he didn’t need to ask me any of those. We were also made aware that if they didn’t think any of the 6 examples you provided that they would ask you to think of another example. So be prepared that this could happen.

I am still waiting for a DMI date.

Moose27

1 hour 10 for me. Went in a blink. You definitely get asked 6 questions - you have to write your examples for each out at the start of the day, before you do the SJE. I got asked a few follow up/explainer type questions but nothing too taxing. Usually asking how I felt in certain situations.

kitch31

mine lasted nearly 2 hours...got my dmi this Wednesday! so its fingers crossed haha

TeaTrain

Thanks all for the replies much appreciated. Trying to find answers for 16 different questions is not easy! I am sure everyone who has already nailed the MMI will be well on their way to getting interviews and keys soon! Good luck again to everyone.

Don't worry PickleTree it seems TPE have some kind of a system. I don't have a clue what but if you passed I am sure you will hear soon. They may be more desperate to get certain depots on the next training course or something entirely different.

Last edited:

Yabba

Just out of curiosity, where are the DMI interviews being held?
Mine is at Piccadilly Station today at TPEx offices. I have no idea where they are though so I'm getting there early and will probably ask everyone in a TPEx uniform before I convince myself where they are.

Dave Tasty

Mine is at Piccadilly Station today at TPEx offices. I have no idea where they are though so I'm getting there early and will probably ask everyone in a TPEx uniform before I convince myself where they are.
Thanks, and good luck. I take it you are for a depot in the northwest? I wonder if they will change venue depending on the location of the depot recruiting.

TeaTrain

How many people were for Man Pic depot today? Good luck! @Yabba

Also did anyone get the 'greatest achievement' Question? Could be a toughy!

Yabba

Thanks, and good luck. I take it you are for a depot in the northwest? I wonder if they will change venue depending on the location of the depot recruiting.
Well I applied to based in Manchester so I assumed that's why my interview is there.

How many people were for Man Pic depot today? Good luck! @Yabba

Also did anyone get the 'greatest achievement' Question? Could be a toughy!

I think the greatest achievement question would be relatively easy for me to answer. When I got married that much went wrong with the venue cancelling that finally getting married was like winning the world cup. I'm surprised I didn't turn grey.

beeman05

Just got my feedback call from the OPC based on my first stage assessment on 10 Jan.

I failed on the TRP1 the GLOP test. I only passed this to national standard but passed the rest to enhanced. OPC said if I reapply to TPE I would only need to sit the TRP1 GLOP test to then get to stage two.

If anyone else didn't pass the first stage I emailed the OPC on their website and provided a contact number for them to follow up with feedback. It was only a 5 min call but good to know where I failed and what I need to do next time.

Edit Report

KlaudiaV43

Does anyone have a contact number for HR / TPE @ Piccadilly Tower? Supposed to have my interview today, but my train’s broken down between Todmorden and Rochdale, we’ve been stuck in a tunnel for the past two hours or so... :(

daddy_badger

Does anyone have a contact number for HR / TPE @ Piccadilly Tower? Supposed to have my interview today, but my train’s broken down between Todmorden and Rochdale, we’ve been stuck in a tunnel for the past two hours or so... :(

01793 425 669 but i think this is just a generic voicemail service wwhere you can leave a message

CreamNCookies

Have you tried finding the guard on board? Perhaps they have a direct contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.