• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LRV3004

And my rejection e-mail has finally arrived! Despite having the psychometrics and experience, the vacancy has now been "filled" or "closed" and my application is not being progressed further. Good luck everyone else!

TeaTrain

D Rivers did you also have all the MMI etc tests passed?! It doesnt make any sense to me!

LimaLlama

Same here, just got my thanks but no thanks email. Have half my psychometrics done and currently work on the railway. But oh well, always be other opportunities!

Yabba

DMI done. If I don't get the job I'll be upset more about not working with the DM and the ops manager that interviewed. They were a couple of good blokes.

Rover77

Anyone who got the knock back email today, has the status been updated or is it still at submitted stage.

daddy_badger

Just a thought, a hypothetical ome at that. It is quite possible the drive for recruitment for qualified drivers may have fulfilled the quota as opposed for trainees.

LRV3004

Just a thought, a hypothetical ome at that. It is quite possible the drive for recruitment for qualified drivers may have fulfilled the quota as opposed for trainees.
Cheaper to take a qualified driver over a trainee........

8J

I strongly suspect that they waited for the interviews today to be completed before sending rejection emails. I imagine that they have decided that the standard of candidates was good enough that they didn't need to put more through the assessment process.

TeaTrain

That would make sense 8J. I am guessing everyone who has their stage 2 in February has not had a rejection email at this point?

Moose27

DMI done. If I don't get the job I'll be upset more about not working with the DM and the ops manager that interviewed. They were a couple of good blokes.

How was it Yabba? Mine’s tomorrow in York. Did they say when you’d find out?

Yabba

How was it Yabba? Mine’s tomorrow in York. Did they say when you’d find out?
I enjoyed it. Obviously nervous in the build up, I had to sit in the mess room whilst they got prepared. It seemed to calm my nerves in a strange way.

ST

Rejection email too....thing happen for a reason! Onwards and upwards! Good luck all.

Robnw67

I received an email last night stating that I had not been successful in my application to be a train driver with TPE. A previous email had indicated that I had successfully completed the online assessments, which, if I recall correctly included a numerical comprehension test, written comprehension test and a third (that I can't quite remember, but online) test. I also answered a number of questions giving rail based scenarios to choose my most and least favoured options.

I found it odd, therefore, that I now received an email stating that I was no longer being considered (even though I have taken no more tests) and that I couldn't reapply for a driver job with TPE for 6 months. I thought the 6 month quarantine was only for failing psychometric tests. I guess that I'm not sure what's gone on other than I am a little more sad than I was yesterday.

Could it be the distance from the specified train station that was the problem? I live in Preston and the job was advertised in Skipton. If you do the Google distance/time from "Preston" it's 58 minutes, but from my postcode is between 1 hour and 1 hour and 5 minutes depending on the time of day.

I guess I have to suck it up, but it would be nice to know why I've been rejected, so I can avoid the same error next time..............August!

PS - just read all the entries above mine. Not an isolated case, then!

LRV3004

I can't understand either. I applied for Manchester (30 minutes travel time) and have passed the psychometrics within the last two years. I put as much effort into my application as possible. Theoretically, I would have thought I'd be ideal, and yet I was kept in limbo for three months before being told I'm not having my application taken any further. All rather puzzling, but unfortunately I have to accept TPE's decision; it's just one of those things!

L401CJF

Established Member
I withdrew my application a few days ago, the job isn't my cup of tea despite my hobbies and interests. Think I'll stick to the buses instead!

BoroAndy

Hi all. Got rejection email too, and like above, wondering why. I thought I had everything including certain life and job experiences that fitted. Applied Scarborough, and without being rude, a lot of people there are not the brightest. I know the tests would be right up my street. So thought I would be spot on. Wonder how many there have progressed, good luck to them, and what I am missing, compared to others, if I get another chance.

Octopus28

Apparently they’ve filled the majority of their vacancies with internal staff from other grades. 3 months of refreshing emails for a nice rejection email with no explanation. Hey ho...we carry on :D

GuardD

For anyone in scotland theres a load of trainee driver jobs with scotrail being released in the next few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.