• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TPEwannabe

Hello everyone,

I have been following this post for a few months now during my part 1 & 2 assessments, as well as for my MMI.

I have now passed all of the assessments and am through to the DMI, although I have not yet received a date.

I would appreciate any advice or guidance for the DMI within reason.
I found a lot of support within this forum and online for my assessments, but not so much support for the DMI.

Thanks

Johnny247

Hi Wannabe,

May I ask you how long you waited after doing your MMI interview to be informed you passed it?

Thanks in advance

TPEwannabe

Hi Johnny

I had to wait 5 working days for the results.

Good Luck to you if you’re waiting!

TeaTrain

HA HA well you can have PRE-celebration/commiseration drinks this weekend. Warm yourself up ;)

Shearer9

Evening,

I have been keeping an eye on this thread as I have my stage 2 coming up next week for TPE. The help on here was invaluble in getting past part 1.

On completing stage 2, do you find out the results before going forward to the MMI? Or does everyone complete the MMI regardless.

Thanks.

DunfordBridge

Evening,

I have been keeping an eye on this thread as I have my stage 2 coming up next week for TPE. The help on here was invaluble in getting past part 1.

On completing stage 2, do you find out the results before going forward to the MMI? Or does everyone complete the MMI regardless.

Thanks.

You have to successfully complete the three computer tests to their enhanced standard before doing the MMI interview on the same day.

HJohnson088

You have to successfully complete the three computer tests to their enhanced standard before doing the MMI interview on the same day.

This is generally true.

However, when I sat my Stage 2 assessments around 3 weeks ago with TPE, there were 6 candidates and only 3 computers available on the day.

So 3 people sat the computer tests, 2 people sat around doing nothing for an hour, and I had my MMI before I completed any computer tests. It was made clear by the interviewer that I would be sitting the computer tests, regardless of how they thought I'd performed in the MMI.

With regards to the 3 who had sat their computer tests first, they were told how they had performed (all 3 passed, as it turned out), but if any of them had failed then they would have been sent home at this stage, before having their MMI.

Best of luck to you all :)

Last edited:

TeaTrain

Did anyone hear back today for the stage 2 last Monday?
I might be impatient but thought would ask XD

S80mlr

I had my DMI on 4th Feb and hadn't heard back from them so I emailed recruitment today and they advised there is a delay with the decision. So just need to sit with fingers crossed for another week and see what happens :(
Hi mate I have my assessments on the 25th of this month in Glasgow, did you have assessments and interview all in the same day?

TeaTrain

2nd stage assessments include the 3 computer tests plus the Multi Modal Interview. If you get through these you will be invited for a DMI ( Driver Manager Interview) I hope that helps : )

Good Luck!!

LittleWidget

I had my first assessment in Leeds then a second assessment and MMI on the same day, again in Leeds. Then DMI in Glasgow.
Hi mate I have my assessments on the 25th of this month in Glasgow, did you have assessments and interview all in the same day?

TeaTrain

Ha ha tell me about it! Surely we must hear back something soon. I may even just call the opc today. My guess is TPE is waiting for this weeks Stage 2's as well before sending out emails.

dan4291

Ha ha tell me about it! Surely we must hear back something soon. I may even just call the opc today. My guess is TPE is waiting for this weeks Stage 2's as well before sending out emails.

Stage 2 assessments are still going on into next week. Got mine on the 26th. From what I remember the 27th was the last date anyone could select for stage 2.

TeaTrain

I see thanks for that! I am giving opc a call then lol

Update: Called the OPC and had an unusual conversation where they said they could not give me the results as ultimately it is up to TPE if I pass or not? I thought the mmi was down to the OPC and the person interviewing me?

Good Luck for the stage 2 this month!

Last edited:

CreamNCookies

I see thanks for that! I am giving opc a call then lol

Update: Called the OPC and had an unusual conversation where they said they could not give me the results as ultimately it is up to TPE if I pass or not? I thought the mmi was down to the OPC and the person interviewing me?

Good Luck for the stage 2 this month!
This actually was nail biting to read.

Still nothing on my side.

TeaTrain

I'm trying for Manchester Pic.
I am taking away that either way I have renewed all my tests.

I passed them 3 years ago and was time to resit them.

That's one plus point anyway!

Yabba

I'm still waiting for the results of my DMI for Manchester. It's been nearly three weeks now. I think this is the longest wait in the whole process.

Status
Not open for further replies.