• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dorigo72

I had my invite to DMI yesterday and have had to turn it down as unsuitable as I'm away on holiday. Just waiting to hear back if they can offer me another date.

KlaudiaV43

A quick update... :) After getting rejected by TPE, I managed to get a DMI with SWR. Just got a call today saying I’ve passed, medical next week.

So to everyone reading this, don’t give up!!

Unlucky KlaudiaV43. I may joining you soon after the MMI yesterday! However good luck in future applications : )

TeaTrain

A quick update... :) After getting rejected by TPE, I managed to get a DMI with SWR. Just got a call today saying I’ve passed, medical next week.

That is amazing news!! Nice one!! I managed to pass the MMI and have DMI next week. Lets see what happens. Exciting times!

DunfordBridge

Congratulations, sort of makes up for your ordeal on the broken down train!

Out of interest , which depot did you apply for with SWR, and did you have to take the Written Communication Test before the Depot Interview? I am seriously growing impatient with rail operators in the North. I would not mind if after waiting six months, you knew there would be some vacancies in the area straight after that time.

TPEwannabe

Good Morning,

Would anyone be able to tell me exactly where the TPE offices are in relation to Piccadilly station?
I have instructions to attend at floor 8, Piccadilly towers but the online instructions are a little ambiguous. Thanks.

CreamNCookies

Just had confirmation of passing the stages now just need to await a DMI invitation.

If anyone is waiting for MMI results, drop an email.

To say im over the moon is an understatement.

I just bought a celebratory Creme Egg...

Its the little things :lol:

dan4291

Just had confirmation of passing the stages now just need to await a DMI invitation.

If anyone is waiting for MMI results, drop an email.

To say im over the moon is an understatement.

I just bought a celebratory Creme Egg...

Its the little things :lol:

Well done, good luck in your DMI! Got my stage 2 assessments tomorrow, fingers crossed I'll do well!

Yabba

Good Morning,

Would anyone be able to tell me exactly where the TPE offices are in relation to Piccadilly station?
I have instructions to attend at floor 8, Piccadilly towers but the online instructions are a little ambiguous. Thanks.
Come out of the station onto Piccadilly approach, you'd usually turn right to go in to Manchester but if you turn left you will see a building with "Network Rail" over the door. That's the building you need. Needless to say it's the 8th floor.

LittleWidget

I've still not heard anything, this is really nerve racking. I have the DMs mobile number and even considered texting him for an update but thought this might annoy them. Don't wanna kill my chances lol.

CreamNCookies

I've still not heard anything, this is really nerve racking. I have the DMs mobile number and even considered texting him for an update but thought this might annoy them. Don't wanna kill my chances lol.
If its been a significant amount of time i'd suggest contacting TPE via the careers email address.

It's what I did yesterday.

An hour after emailing I had someone email back saying they would look into it for me and at lunch time today got the email I wanted.

Yabba

If its been a significant amount of time i'd suggest contacting TPE via the careers email address.

It's what I did yesterday.

An hour after emailing I had someone email back saying they would look into it for me and at lunch time today got the email I wanted.

I've just popped over a quick email to the careers email regarding the result of my DMI. I don't mind the wait but I was told that it wouldn't be this long at the interview.

RHolmes

Good Morning,

It’s the network rail tower above the station, entrance is outside the station building, just off the approach road near the aptly named ‘Manchester Picnicadilly’ picnic area and behind the free bus (route 2) bus stop.

Once inside you’ll be asked to sign in the visitors book, and either a staff member will collect you, or you’ll take the lift to floor 8 and press the buzzer on the door opposite and be ‘collected’ by a staff member

TPEwannabe

Come out of the station onto Piccadilly approach, you'd usually turn right to go in to Manchester but if you turn left you will see a building with "Network Rail" over the door. That's the building you need. Needless to say it's the 8th floor.

It’s the network rail tower above the station, entrance is outside the station building, just off the approach road near the aptly named ‘Manchester Picnicadilly’ picnic area and behind the free bus (route 2) bus stop.

Once inside you’ll be asked to sign in the visitors book, and either a staff member will collect you, or you’ll take the lift to floor 8 and press the buzzer on the door opposite and be ‘collected’ by a staff member

Thanks guys, really appreciate that.

LittleWidget

I've just popped over a quick email to the careers email regarding the result of my DMI. I don't mind the wait but I was told that it wouldn't be this long at the interview.

I have done that too. I got an email back saying there was a delay in the decision making and just to wait for an email.

Yabba

I have done that too. I got an email back saying there was a delay in the decision making and just to wait for an email.

I've got the same reply. If they're still interviewing then I doubt any decision will be made this week or next

Moose27

I was told start date was 30th March. Leaving it a bit late if that's true as most would need to give notice.

There is a course then, but they’re running multiple I believe.
The original advert said June and October too didn’t it?

In fairness though originally I was offered to start Monday just gone, but it was too short notice for current job (and as it happens would’ve been a disaster as I’ve had personal stuff going on this week!).

TeaTrain

Had my DMI today. I was told the course starts on the 20th of March and it will take up to 3 weeks for me to hear back.

I assume now they are waiting for everyone to be interviewed before making a final decision.

Good luck to all!

baz962

Established Member
Had my DMI today. I was told the course starts on the 20th of March and it will take up to 3 weeks for me to hear back.

I assume now they are waiting for everyone to be interviewed before making a final decision.

Good luck to all!
That could be tight . Three weeks will be 19th march. 1 day before.

Johnny247

Good luck to all!
Think it’s 30th March mate, best of luck! What depot you in for?

TeaTrain

Manchester. They both specifically wrote down 20th of March on the forms they had. I watched them do it but yes it is possible I got it wrong. I agree 20th of March would be cutting it close for some people who need to hand in notice.

EDIT: They did also say that date could still change to the needs of the business.

Johnny247

Yeah I passed, took a LONG time to hear back from it, I’ve since had a DMI and waiting for result! Fingers crossed for all of us

Shearer9

I also had the DMI interview today and was told the start date would be the 20th March. This would be to too early for me as my current employer needs 4 weeks notice.

Not holding out much hope as I felt as though I just talked rubbish for some some of my answers!!

TeaTrain

Ah that's good then @Johnny247! I thought that would of been a bit crazy to have waited all this time!

Yes indeed hopefully we can all be on the same course. Would be pretty cool.

I know at the end of the day we are in competition with one another but its a tough enough process as it is so it doesn't hurt to be supportive of one another either : )

@Shearer9 I think everyone must think afterwards how they could of done better. I know I certainly am thinking that today!

I did however find them to be very nice people and the main difference was that I could talk to them and it felt like a two way conversation rather than a more rigid interview like the MMI.

Shearer9

Ah that's good then @Johnny247! I thought that would of been a bit crazy to have waited all this time!

Yes indeed hopefully we can all be on the same course. Would be pretty cool.

I know at the end of the day we are in competition with one another but its a tough enough process as it is so it doesn't hurt to be supportive of one another either : )

@Shearer9 I think everyone must think afterwards how they could of done better. I know I certainly am thinking that today!

I did however find them to be very nice people and the main difference was that I could talk to them and it felt like a two way conversation rather than a more rigid interview like the MMI.
Yep, more of a conversation this time and agree that they were both good blokes. I'm sure the MMI was designed to try and get some form of reaction from you.

I was told that we should find out next week what the result is, I would not have thought they will be able to get medicals etc done in time for the 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.