• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHolmes

Just a friendly update for anyone concerned about the current virus situation. I spoke to HR today and was told that the courses are going ahead. They are keeping an eye on things and while the actual trains will more than likely go down to a skeleton crew with minimum trains operating; for us trainees it is as normal.

Of course they will monitor the situation. Courses continue as planned for now.
As a current trainee I can second that

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TPEwannabe

Just a friendly update for anyone concerned about the current virus situation. I spoke to HR today and was told that the courses are going ahead. They are keeping an eye on things and while the actual trains will more than likely go down to a skeleton crew with minimum trains operating; for us trainees it is as normal.

Of course they will monitor the situation. Courses continue as planned for now.

Cheers TeaTrain, very excited now!

TPEwannabe

Is anyone else nervous for what this week could hold for us and has anyone got any ideas of what they could do?

TPEwannabe

Although it’s disappointing that the course can’t go ahead at the moment, I’m feeling very grateful that TPE are honouring our start date.
Stay safe and well everyone!

TeaTrain

They are all working from home at the moment.

I would suggest to just send through the normal HR email as it will take sometime for them to reply anyway due to everything going on.

TeaTrain

Did anyone else still progressing hear anything or as it just been put on hold for now?

I hope they will get back to you soon!

Stay safe!

CreamNCookies

Think its on hold for now.

The first careers page has said theres a recruitment freeze for now until things blow over.

Calshaw21

I had an email saying that they are freezing and that recruitment will continue when this situation has blown over.

Moose27

If it helps reassure people, I’ve heard there are plenty of vacancies still to be filled once this is over

RHolmes

If it helps reassure people, I’ve heard there are plenty of vacancies still to be filled once this is over

I’d second that (especially for the York area). The only problem is filling vacancies will be delayed as training for existing trainees is delayed and there’s only limited spaces/training staff in the training rooms.

Last edited:

Moose27

I’d second that (especially for the York area). The only probably is filling vacancies will be delayed as training for existing trainees is delayed and there’s only limited spaces/training staff in the training rooms.
Yeah absolutely. I’d imagine anyone still in the system will be first port of call though.

ChooChoo2

I’m awaiting interview, the email I was given just said it takes a while to arrange in normal circumstances but given the current situation it will take a bit longer, and I’ll hear for an interview when there’s a date arranged

Shearer9

Just recieved an e mail to say I have been successful through the application process for Manchester, sounds like it will be some sort of talent pool for the time being. Nice start to the day!!!!

Tally In

Just recieved an e mail to say I have been successful through the application process for Manchester, sounds like it will be some sort of talent pool for the time being. Nice start to the day!!!!

I have received same email. Think we talked on the day of our interview. Well done and look forward to working with you in the future.

TeaTrain

For those who have just found out your successful You may still be doing the May corporate induction which is using the Zoom app. It works quite well and under the circumstances is quite impressive.

Then again by May everything could be back to normal. I don't think so but you never know.

Shearer9

For those who have just found out your successful You may still be doing the May corporate induction which is using the Zoom app. It works quite well and under the circumstances is quite impressive.

Then again by May everything could be back to normal. I don't think so but you never know.
I would have thought we may be looking at the back end of this year or next year given the current circumstances.

TeaTrain

It's certainly possible. I just meant there is a new corporate induction course starting in May from the timetable and as others here have recently received success emails it's possible there are still new employees arriving.

There is specific amount of material they are allowed to teach online which is why after all this is said and done many people can start training for individual roles immediately.

Shearer9

Just a quick message to see what was happening with those who started in March and whether there was any news as to when training would restart?

TeaTrain

I haven't heard any updates for a while now. I am probably going to shoot an email over to HR to see what's happening now.

The last correspondence for me was from HR explaining how the pay structure will work under the current situation. If I have any more information I will update here.

Last edited:

RHolmes

At the moment all classroom and on-board training has stopped and I’d assume probably won’t resume again until travel restrictions are eased by the RDG as to not take capacity from the general public traveling to places of work, and when some hotels reopen for trainees from depots like Scotland who would be unable to travel directly to Huddersfield under the reduced timetables.

Last edited:

TeaTrain

That's what I heard for the drivers too but they are not allowed to teach the rules etc over zoom. They are required to offer the same level of quality as if it was classroom taught face to face, which cannot be done at this time I was told.

I guess for those of us lucky enough to have signed a contract and being paid we just wait until the time is right. I'm certainly ready to get going and learn to be a driver now!

BoroAndy

Does anyone in the know believe that they got sufficient applicants for every requested depot through tests and interviews and ready for training, and when the three training starts are likely to be now considering the virus implications, and also could some applicants have changed minds as a result either forced or by choice opening up new spaces?

Status
Not open for further replies.