• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPExpress' new livery: Your thoughts:

Which of these TransPennine Express liveries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Oh, no. FirstGroup's very first corporate livery, FGW "fag packet", was quite the worst post-privatisation livery of any stripe, with its 1992-era gradient fills and, well, the general appearance of a fag packet. That it replaced the lovely, understated Merlin livery was even worse.
I never liked "fag packet" during the time that it was prevalent, and replacing the "Merlin" livery, but the "Barbie bus" livery and those that have followed after have subsequently reduced my distaste for that original stated livery: That's exactly what I meant when I said that every First Group livery has made the previous look better by comparison, "fag packet" included. :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've started a separate thread, to consider whether current franchisees might be suffering from livery fatigue:
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2547019#post2547019

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pete81E

I was just watching RailCam at York a few minutes ago and I swear I saw a 185 with a very, very pink section on each end, about a quarter of each total coach. Only got a quick glimpse - it was on a southbound working.

Is it a one-off advertising livery? Or have I forgotten my meds again?

Pete

Just realised this was an old poll - so pink ends might not be that new. Not seen many at Didcot lately!

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I was just watching RailCam at York a few minutes ago and I swear I saw a 185 with a very, very pink section on each end, about a quarter of each total coach. Only got a quick glimpse - it was on a southbound working.

Is it a one-off advertising livery? Or have I forgotten my meds again?

Pete

I saw a picture over the weekend - in support of Manchester Pride I believe

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I had it last week and was very surprised when I saw it approach. It's 185104 and has had part of the driving cab coaches done up (the bit from the driving cab to the first set of doors).

Harbornite

Established Member
I was thinking about this the other day. The old purple and pink sucks, the first dynamic swirly lines one looks alright on the 185s and 170s (although I don't like the amount of the yellow on the latter). As for the new livery, it looks quite odd on the 185s but the AT300s should look a little better in it. I voted for the 350s because the livery seems to suit the class well and doesn't look bad at all. Come to think of it, I think the class 68s would look better in the 350 livery than the blue and grey nonsense. Oh well!

Last edited:

ash39

Established Member
I saw a photoshop someone created of a 68 in the new TPE livery and it didn't look too great at all.

Here's a pic of 185104 with its new pink adornments. Note it goes over the window as well https://flic.kr/p/KqcsfP

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I've just realised that I've got a few photos of 104 as well. This is the pink bit of it (it's the same at the other end).

Attachments

• DSCF4999.jpg
    DSCF4999.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.