• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPX diverted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, just noticed, all the TPX trains are coming past me on my local line (Huddersfield - Halifax, half of it is single track)

My mum says they are coming past every 10 minutes, which would make sense as they are that frequent.

Any ideas of a diversion?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
Line closed between Stalybridge - Man Pic, also Stalybridge to Man Vic due to engineering.

Some TPX running Leeds - Man Vic via Bradford, some running Leeds - Huddersfield - Man Vic via Brighouse.

Hmm...seems a bit silly putting them on a single tracked line.. could cause congestion, especially with the freight on this line.

Tomnick

Established Member
There's only a short section of single track, isn't there? Should be possible to run a pretty frequent service over the diversionary route, especially if some are avoiding Huddersfield (and therefore the Bradley Jn. - Bradley Wood Jn. single line) by running either direct from Heaton Lodge Jn. to Bradley Wood Jn., or running via Bradford.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
That'll be why I saw two 185s in Manchester Victoria station at around 12:50 last Sunday then.

Annoyingly though, the side destination displays on both of them were displaying "Transpennine Express", instead of actually displaying the destination of the train, so I can't say where they were going.

Status
Not open for further replies.