• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Track Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I'm after taking track coverage to the next level. I've currently got a Baker Atlas, however I've covered a fair bit of the track in that now-with the exception of areas I've never visited at all.

The Quail atlases look perfect-however the North West & Midlands one (covering my local area) has not been updated since 2013. Does anyone know when these will be updated at all-or be able to point me towards something more recent, but as detailed? I very much doubt the remodelled Liverpool Lime Street will be in the current edition for example.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The 39 Steps

It sounds like you need to join the Branch Line Society (which has a very cheap basic membership rate of £12). They produce regular updates to members, the most recent being what the Derby remodelled layout will be like from October 2018. The Liverpool Lime Street remodelled layout is also available online to members. https://www.branchline.uk/home.php I do not know if you click on this link it will work, I have surprised myself being able to cut and paste successfully. Otherwise just search "Branchline".

Keith Jarrett

I suspect that the North West & Midlands Quail will be one of the next to be updated - the former Western Region one was the last one to be updated and I took that into stock a couple of weeks ago. The previous Quails to be updated were Scotland and the Eastern Region. The TrackAtlas will give you most of what you want but it's not the most ideal thing to take out bashing with you!

Kite159

Veteran Member
I suspect that the North West & Midlands Quail will be one of the next to be updated - the former Western Region one was the last one to be updated and I took that into stock a couple of weeks ago. The previous Quails to be updated were Scotland and the Eastern Region. The TrackAtlas will give you most of what you want but it's not the most ideal thing to take out bashing with you!

I would say the Southern Quail will be next up, as I believe that one hasn't been updated since 2008.
(Certainly I noticed the Western region one has been released but haven't yet gotten around to buying it)

But I agree with The 39 Steps, become a member of the Branch Line Society as they have updated track diagrams on the website which haven't been published in Quail, for example Liverpool Lime Street, Blackpool North, Kirkham & Westham etc.

Established Member
I would say the Southern Quail will be next up, as I believe that one hasn't been updated since 2008.
(Certainly I noticed the Western region one has been released but haven't yet gotten around to buying it)

But I agree with The 39 Steps, become a member of the Branch Line Society as they have updated track diagrams on the website which haven't been published in Quail, for example Liverpool Lime Street, Blackpool North, Kirkham & Westham etc.
Yeah, I'd want a hard copy really. BLS seems like a good shout though.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Yeah, I'd want a hard copy really. BLS seems like a good shout though.

I've seen some folk on tours having the online updated diagrams printed out and stapled to the relevant page of the paper quail for reference.

The paper quail is only ever up-to date at the time of printing, even flicking through the list of changes every couple weeks (ranging from small things like old sidings/crossovers removed during track renewals, to major upgrade works (Oxford, Banbury, Reading))

Status
Not open for further replies.