• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tractors for sale...on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Right, theres 9 days left on the auction, a draw every Wednesday and Saturday which goes into 9, 3 times.

So I have 3 chances to win the lottery so I can buy this locomotive. Better get my coat :P

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I'm in agreement with you on that ^ ! Off to the shop I go to pay my one pound! :D

bunnahabhain

Established Member
If you purchased it where are you going to store it? Are you going to run it on the Main Line?

You would need transport costs, this alone costs roughly £2000 by road, and less by rail, you would then need a place to store this Locomotive, would you pay a FOC or TOC to store it at one of their depots? This would cost a lot of money over a year, probably anything up to £5000 p/a.

If you take it to a preserved railway you still need to pay costs for the Loco to be on the railway, although there are sometimes arrangements that Loco's can be on the Railway in return for a certain number of miles of running each year.

If you take it mainline for Railtours you then need to pay for it to be certified for the Main Line if it isnt already, that costs a lot of money as it needs to be examined, and checked, and tested, fitted with DRA, TPWS, AWS, Black Boxes and probably even more these days.

So, if you want to spend upwards of £50,000 for one of these, go ahead, combine that with running costs/storage costs, you're looking at an extra £5,000-20,000 a year tops.

Happy shopping :)

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
if I had the money I would do it, it's my dream to own my own loco and maybe one day my own railfreight company - but thats me in my Richard Branson guise!

tramboy

My (totally unrealistic) dream would be to own one of the 92s that is rusting at Crewe (one of the EPS/Eurostar ones) and get it back into full working order.

However, that is very unlikely to happen!

Regards

Dave

Dave A

Oh, they've been removed. Now what am I going to do with that £50 million I found down the back of my sofa :cry: ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
Even if i had the £50million, i wouldn't touch the pair of them based on multiple factors

The manor in which they are being sold

You are agreeing a price without seeing the item working in person

The maintenance history is extremely brief

The contract stipulations are unworkable, such as not remaining or returning to the Wenslydale railway

Simming

I regret to inform you all that (as of this afternoon) it is now
EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that 37198 + 37003 will be out at the Wensleydale
this Saturday.

If you were going to go to the WR for the loco hauled trips on
Saturday, then please ring the WR on 01677 425805 and ask them what
the plan is, but don't expect any 37 action.

Sadly, due to a large dispute between the loco owners/group and the
Wensleydale Railway Board earlier this week which is still
unresolved, the class 37's at the WR are currently unavailable for
use to the railway, and will be for the forseeable future. The C37LG
and owners of 37198 apologise for any inconvenience caused and are
disappointed at not being able to release the locos for use by the
railway and give the public what they want.

Also, in relation to the adverts for 37198 and 37275 for sale on e-
bay, I should point out that the group are NOT in financial trouble
and this is NOT the reason for sale, contrary to rumours earlier.

Again, sorry folks. The 37 group are disappointed at not being able
to partake in the planned class 37 hauled trips on Saturday.

Taken from NE gen.

evil_hippo

I like the idea of "no postage". Give me a few seconds to centemplate sending a 37 through the post... :shock:

evil_hippo said:
I like the idea of "no postage". Give me a few seconds to centemplate sending a 37 through the post... :shock:

The postie wouldn't be to happy about dragging a 37 around! :lol: :shock:

Dave A

Paul_Parkin said:
evil_hippo said:

The postie wouldn't be to happy about dragging a 37 around! :lol: :shock:

My postie isn't happy about dragging a few letters around, let alone a 37 :shock: :roll:

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
could always drag it on a mail train for part of the journey at least.... :lol:

evil_hippo

For the time my postman takes before he finally reaches my house he must be dragging a 37 or something equally heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.