• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Traffic Manager - Crossrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Some might find this interesting, perhaps those in operational roles already in the London area.

Traffic Manager, Crossrail
Organisation - Crossrail Operations
Job - Depot Management
Position Type - Full Time
Salary: £37,311 plus 30% unsociable hours allowance (pensionable). (allowance payable on successful completion of training and commencement of shift working).

Overview:

The Elizabeth line is the new and much-anticipated high-frequency, high-capacity railway for London and the South East. When all stages are completed, trains will run from Reading and Heathrow in the west to Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the east via new tunnels under central London. Carrying up to 72,000 passengers each hour demands a highly trained, skilled and cohesive team.

We are now recruiting to fill vacancies and to build a pool of candidates for future vacancies. Successful applicants who are offered immediate vacancies will need to be available to start training in late Summer 2021.

Successful applicants who are not offered a role immediately will join a waiting list and will be offered roles should they arise over the next 12 months.

The role:

Working for Rail for London (Infrastructure) (RfLI), you will be part of a highly responsive & dynamic team responsible for managing the safe operation of rail services through the Elizabeth Central Operating Section between Paddington and Abbey Wood / Stratford. In this uniquely multi-functional role will be trained to operate signalling, electrical control and tunnel ventilation systems. You will also be required to correctly apply railway rules and procedures to high safety standards, whilst constantly keeping sight of our goal of providing a world class service to our customers and minimising service disruption where it occurs.

Interacting extensively with drivers, incident responders, other signallers and controllers , you’ll exchange real time information about train movements, faults and incidents as well as collaborating with our maintenance teams to agree responses to failures and to plan access for maintenance activities.

This is a Safety Critical Role working across 24/7/365 shifts.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Orange

I've applied for this. Haven't heard anything good or bad yet. The salary does seem to be quite low for that type of role.

Stigy

Established Member
I've applied for this. Haven't heard anything good or bad yet. The salary does seem to be quite low for that type of role.
I guess in comparison to NWR Incident Controller/Manager roles it’s quite low, but if you’re comparing to TOC Train Service Manager roles and the like, it’s roughly the same, especially factoring in the extra 30% taking it up to around £48k (pensionable too which is important).

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

I agree it does seem rather low. Even taking into account the 30% flexible, its less than £50K which I am surprised for a controller & signaller role, especially required to work in London.

I guess in comparison to NWR Incident Controller/Manager roles it’s quite low, but if you’re comparing to TOC Train Service Manager roles and the like, it’s roughly the same, especially factoring in the extra 30% taking it up to around £48k (pensionable too which is important).

The role is not comparable to an NR IC or RCM nor TSM. It is a Signaller and ECO (massively different to a traditional ECO role in a lot of ways) type, multi skilled role of which the TM would operate between both over different shifts.

Don’t dispute the salary however……

Status
Not open for further replies.