• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tragic Accident on the ELR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ascot

Established Member
Ouch that's gonna produce alot of criticism within the public area.

Not a good year for heritage railways with everything gone on :(

Condolences to the family and driver

Leaves me to wonder though how he got onto the track anyway, was it a slip from a higher point into the cess or what?

Mushroom

Theres a bit of confusion about what happened that afternoon, it seems loco crew reported hitting something so the next train was cautioned and went to have a look, only to find a body. The best to do is to wait and see what comes about, im not sure if the RAIB are investigating it, if so they will produce a report that should clear things up.

The Snap

Established Member
The incident happened at Burrs (the Campsite between Bury and Summerseat. It is quite possible he slipped from the top of the cutting just before or after the Campsite down the embankment and onto the track.

The locomotive involved was LMS Jubilee 5XP, 5690 Leander and was stopped at the location of the incident for about 2 and 1/2 hours. 47402 went up to rescue the train.

pedned

Whoops.
Dont think he'll be doing that again...

Sorry, im an insensitive pig aint i!!
My thoughts are with his family, the driver, the railway and the loco's owner...Hopefully theres not too much damage to the loco or stock.

Driver74

Whoops.
Dont think he'll be doing that again...

Sorry, im an insensitive pig aint i!!
My thoughts are with his family, the driver, the railway and the loco's owner...Hopefully theres not too much damage to the loco or stock.

Yes, what an insensitive remark to make on a Heritage website. Having more concern regarding the damage to the Locomotive does not do the Heritage Railways a lot of good if they are operated by idiots like this?

It’s not enough for Heritage Groups to try and balance their books in proposing to up their ticket prices in 2008, possibly due to the Main Lines doing the same thing.
Not quite the affect the Government intended a couple of years back, in fact quite the opposite in forcing travellers back onto the roads.

They say what goes around comes around (Eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.