• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train crew planning manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstrat

Can anybody advise me on the average salary of such a position?

Thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Bump for falling off the first page :( Any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Nope, I'm afraid not. I should expect if someone did have an idea they would have replied by this point, no need to bump :)

Can anybody advise me on the average salary of such a position?

Thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Bump for falling off the first page :( Any ideas?

For which TOC?

I assume you have Train Planning experience to be considering this role?

The Planner

Veteran Member
Not the be all and end all, I know a few train planners that have applied for diagramming jobs that haven't got them.

455driver

Veteran Member
Can you "adjust" diagrams to make them look legal?
Can you cancel duties and re-issue them as "specials" so the driver that had that shift can then be moved 2 hours later to pick up an uncovered job and the only available spare (who could not pick the uncovered duty up) can be moved to pick up the drivers original job.
Can you book drivers in to work when they are on holiday?

If you can do that with no conscience then crew planning is the job for you.;)

Not the be all and end all, I know a few train planners that have applied for diagramming jobs that haven't got them.

True but depending on which TOC, this could be leading a team of diagrammers (which was my assumption). I would like to think someone who leads a team, would be experienced in diagramming (or whatever discipline)........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.