• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Database 2020

43 302

Established Member
Thank you! :p

Thanks, I've updated it now. The intercity liveries always confused me lol. Locos higher than the 50 haven't been added yet, I plan on updating most of the stock first and then I'll add more trains to the list :)
Nice, I look forward to the AC electrics. AFAIK, IC Executive has InterCity branding and big yellow ends a la large logo, IC Swallow is white at the front and cream towards the rear to match the coaches (91 and HST) or just white (90 etc), and has INTERCITY branding with the Swallow. Then IC Mainline is all cream and has no swallow branding without the larger yellow ends.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43 302

Established Member
Another note, 43086 and 43091 were swapped with 86 now at Long Marston and 91 back at Laira. 091 and the other FGW blue PCs aren't in service though 009, 010 etc. Just laying around on depot for potential future use.

BenW390Fan

153321 shown Storage. It was working today.
Thanks, I'll update that now
Another note, 43086 and 43091 were swapped with 86 now at Long Marston and 91 back at Laira. 091 and the other FGW blue PCs aren't in service though 009, 010 etc. Just laying around on depot for potential future use.
So mark the ones listed as FGW blue in storage? Obviously the ones that are out of service will stay marked as out of service unless I've got one wrong somewhere

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

So mark the ones listed as FGW blue in storage? Obviously the ones that are out of service will stay marked as out of service unless I've got one wrong somewhere
Update 5

- Updated 43052, 066, 238, 316, 318, 320, 307, 308, 314 and 317 courtesy of @43096
- Updated 317419's livery courtesy of @43 302
- Updated 153321 courtesy of @PHILIPE

Regarding 153321 there have been no TFW 153s in Storage. When some arrived with TFW late last year they went to Landore rather than Canton due to capacity at Canton following arrival of so may units during a short period. Before going into traffic they have to have the once over and any minor mods that may be required are done. They went to Canton when they could be accomodated

43 302

Established Member

I would do that yes.

Roast Veg

Established Member
Train Database 2020
Publicly released now!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hsczbrZ0fCz0iGkUMooZCgLf8AwvGDb2cLrkA/pubhtml

After 5 months in development, I've finally released the train database which features locomotives, DMU's and EMU's. This database includes number lists, the relevant TOC / FOC, liveries, notes and nameplates. This is still heavily unfinished and is always being updated. Some stock aren't as up to date as others but these are being worked on. I'll probably focus on modern stock as that's the stock that I can get more information on regarding status, liveries, etc. I hope enjoy using it and I hope it's somewhat useful!

When the database gets updated, I'll post the update log in this thread. I'm open for constructive feedback, good or bad :)

This is a community contributed project. I.e. if someone posts to this thread that X train has been scrapped and provides proof, I'll mark it down as out of service on the database as I'm obviously not going to be able to know what the status of every single train in the country is! The same can apply with the train operator, livery, nameplates, etc.
This might seem like an odd request, but would you mind providing some sort of license on this spreadsheet, such as a Creative Commons license or similar? I'm a little concerned about the bus factor when it comes to data like this, and it would be worthwhile to make sure anybody is free to archive it without issue.

hst43102

Hi, do you think it would make the list better if it had small livery thumbnails like the fleetlists at ukbuses.co.uk ? I would be more than happy to design them and add them to your excellent database.

PS Are you Ben from Railcam?

Last edited:

BenW390Fan

I would do that yes.
Great, I'll get round to doing them ASAP
This might seem like an odd request, but would you mind providing some sort of license on this spreadsheet, such as a Creative Commons license or similar? I'm a little concerned about the bus factor when it comes to data like this, and it would be worthwhile to make sure anybody is free to archive it without issue.
That's something I haven't thought about really, I'll have a think about it. I would say that you are allowed to download it but you're not allowed to redistribute it without direct permission from me.
Hi, do you think it would make the list better if it had small livery thumbnails like the fleetlists at ukbuses.co.uk ? I would be more than happy to design them and add them to your excellent database.

PS Are you Ben from Railcam?
Yeah, I thought about doing that but I wouldn't know how to design them! :p
And yes, I am BenWright from Railcam :)

Murray J

what's on the train database so far is really good! looking forward to seeing other loco types get added on. 1 question though: why are scrapped units like the 142s not marked specifically as scrapped?

BenW390Fan

what's on the train database so far is really good! looking forward to seeing other loco types get added on. 1 question though: why are scrapped units like the 142s not marked specifically as scrapped?
Thanks for the kind words! Scrapped units and units that are just generally out of service will both be marked as out of service to keep things as simple as possible. It also makes it easier for me as I'm not too sure what units are going for scrap or are just out of service

Murray J

Thanks for the kind words! Scrapped units and units that are just generally out of service will both be marked as out of service to keep things as simple as possible. It also makes it easier for me as I'm not too sure what units are going for scrap or are just out of service
ok, thanks for explaining. also word of advice for any upcoming section on the class 20: right now the only active ones are 20118, 132, 311 and 314, all with ROG on lease from HNRC, all other units are stored, preserved, or out of service.

BenW390Fan

Just to ensure that there isn't any confusion, @Joel_F Is adding an extra column to the database so if something is slightly out of place then let me know and we'll fix it :)

BenW390Fan

Update 6

@Joel_F has very kindly added icons / images to most of the Class 37's. This is to aid people with confusion of liveries, so it gives you a visual representation of the livery as the word description can be confusing (and also because the icons look stunning!). I can't take any credit for it, so a big thank you to Joel! :D

Last edited:

BenW390Fan

Update 6.1

@Joel_F has once again very kindly started work on adding icons to the Class 47's, these are available for preview on the database :)

43 302

Established Member
37425 is in Regional Railways livery I believe. They are looking very good though.

43 302

Established Member
That should already be updated?
Shows as large logo for me. Also 43006 and 43112 are still technically 43206 and 43312.
43208 and 43239 aren't in LNER EMR livery. They were in debranded LNER livery but are being repainted into XC livery.

BenW390Fan

Just thought I'd let people know that @Joel_F has been doing a fantastic job with the livery images / icons. They're available for viewing on the database. As I stated earlier, train updates are currently on hold

BenW390Fan

Updates have now resumed! A big thank you to the Trainlogger staff, their credit can be found in the credits section