• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Database 2020

BenW390Fan

They look really good - well done! I love this little icons for the different units. They can really help with identification of units at a glance, I assume especially when out-and-about on the trains, although I can't prove this at the moment obviously :)

-Peter
Indeed they do!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BenW390Fan

I think what I'll do once I've updated all of the current stock is I'll update them once something has changed to a particular train. So instead of updating each and every Class 156 every month, I'd update one once it has a new livery, went into storage, etc. Saves going through literally thousands of trains to end up only changing one or two

Peter C

Established Member
Sounds like a sensible idea. Better to make changes as and when they're necessary, rather than go through everything every week or so.

-Peter

hst43102

They look really good - well done! I love this little icons for the different units. They can really help with identification of units at a glance, I assume especially when out-and-about on the trains, although I can't prove this at the moment obviously :)

-Peter
Thanks a lot, good to know they're useful!

BenW390Fan

Update 30

- Updated Class 158's

As always, if there's anything wrong please let me know. Quite a few changes to the 158's, particularly Northern. All TfW 158's are now in the new livery, Northern branded liveries have changed quite a bit but the rest of the changes are for you to find! :D

BenW390Fan

Update 30

- Updated Class 158's

As always, if there's anything wrong please let me know. Quite a few changes to the 158's, particularly Northern. All Transport

BenW390Fan

Just to note, anything that gets updated from now on (including the 158's) won't get updated until there's been a change of one the units. Saves having to update every single unit in a class of train to then only change one or two in some cases. It's a community based project, I can't get info on every single train in Britain but I can have info on one or two that are local to me, so I'm relying on the community to help me out wherever they can :)

On Moderation
43088/156/160/162 are no longer stored: they are active again and have been repainted into GWR green.

BenW390Fan

43088/156/160/162 are no longer stored: they are active again and have been repainted into GWR green.
Thanks, I've updated them now :)

To note, at some point soon I'll start taking off the 'Last updated: X/X/XX' markers seeing as now we're just updating trains as and when they change

BenW390Fan

Update 33

- Updated Class 166's

Usual shizzle here (bonus points if you can tell me where this reference is from!)

BenW390Fan

Train Database is now on the Train Siding app / site. Updates will be posted on here and on the Train Siding page.

Peter C

Established Member
Sounds cool! I think I've heard of Train Siding before. There's so many new apps and websites popping up around trainspotting recently that I've lost track! (Haha - good pun if I don't say so myself!)
I have no clue how it works but hopefully I'll make it work eventually... :D

-Peter

BenW390Fan

Sounds cool! I think I've heard of Train Siding before. There's so many new apps and websites popping up around trainspotting recently that I've lost track! (Haha - good pun if I don't say so myself!)
I have no clue how it works but hopefully I'll make it work eventually... :D

-Peter
Haha, very punny! It's like Instagram but just for train related stuff. I don't use Instagram so I can't really say much, but it's like Twitter but just trains :)

Peter C

Established Member
Haha, very punny! It's like Instagram but just for train related stuff. I don't use Instagram so I can't really say much, but it's like Twitter but just trains :)
I thought that when I looked at it - just need to work out how to do various things with it. Could be handy for "gen" I think... :)

-Peter

BenW390Fan

Update 35

- Updated 142055

As always, if info is wrong then please please do let me know and I'll try my best to get it rectified ASAP :)

Peter C

Established Member
43172 has gone with 43171 to Long Marston (and I believe maybe to Doncaster?), with the former apparently due to lose it's special livery in preparation for it being used on GWR's Castle sets, if that's of any use. :)

-Peter

On Moderation
43172 has gone with 43171 to Long Marston (and I believe maybe to Doncaster?), with the former apparently due to lose it's special livery in preparation for it being used on GWR's Castle sets, if that's of any use. :)

-Peter
43171/172 are now at Wabtec.

BenW390Fan

-Peter
43171/172 are now at Wabtec.
Thanks both, for now I'll mark them as storage as I don't have a status for under refurb or something lol. I'll pop a note next to it stating that it's at Doncaster for what I assume is refurbishments :)

Peter C

Established Member
Thanks both, for now I'll mark them as storage as I don't have a status for under refurb or something lol. I'll pop a note next to it stating that it's at Doncaster for what I assume is refurbishments :)
You're welcome :)
I was just thinking about the picture you've got of 43172: sadly that'll need removing and replacing with a standard GWR green version..

-Peter

BenW390Fan

You're welcome :)
I was just thinking about the picture you've got of 43172: sadly that'll need removing and replacing with a standard GWR green version..

-Peter
Joel has done a fantastic job on it so I'll leave it on there until it's been painted into green ;)

Established Member
Just a little update for EMR:
All 4 180s are now at Etches Park so none are left with HT. I'm pretty sure 180113 is also unbranded but I cant confirm.

For the HST powercars 43305 and 43310 are now in service and some more VP's have gone Out of Service or in storage.
43043, 044, 050, 060 are Withdrawn but still at Neville Hill
43064, 082 are at Long Marston
43046 is now with LSL