Train delayed by 1476 and 1577 minutes (21/08)

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by infobleep, 21 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infobleep

infobleep Established Member

I know the following is a simple error but I found it amusing.

http://m.journeycheck.com/southwest...815&webMsg=false&engWorksPeriod=&serviceTime=

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. tmzmoz

tmzmoz Member

According to journey check this service is delayed by 26 hours?!

Either something has gone very wrong or more likely a humorous incorrect data input?

'13:22 London Waterloo to Weybridge due 14:37
    This train is being delayed from Vauxhall onwards by between 1476 and 1577 minutes.
    This train will be diverted from London Waterloo.
    This train will call additionally on return at Vauxhall.
    This train will no longer call at Vauxhall, Queenstown Rd.Battersea, Wandsworth Town, Putney, Barnes, Barnes Bridge, Chiswick, Kew Bridge, Brentford, Syon Lane, Isleworth, Hounslow, Feltham, Ashford Surrey, Staines, Egham, Virginia Water, Chertsey and Addlestone.
    This is due to a broken down train'

4. 45107

45107 Member

Obviously a typing error at some stage. These things happen occasionally.

Do you really think that this is worthy of a topic (other than to embarrass someone who hit a couple of incorrect keys) ?

5. asylumxl

asylumxl Established Member

One would assume a typing area as already stated, but I have seen some very long delays shown during times of heavy disruption which unfortunately for the passengers were not mistypes.

Why not? Many people create topics on things that have been discussed at length/asked frequently and nobody seems fussed?

6. Stats

Stats Member

Well, as the OP is not the first to post this journeycheck message, he's not alone.
    http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=119748

7. Blindtraveler

Blindtraveler Established Member

TBH I was expecting another Caly Sleaper thread here, given its recent performance!

8. crispy1978

crispy1978 Member

9. infobleep

infobleep Established Member

As I don't know who did it and it won't be made public knowledge and I certainly hope it won't be ever public knowledge, then I didn't see it as an issue. I thought it light hearted for a change.

I didn't think about services really delayed by that amount but of course the sleepers have been.

10. RichardN

RichardN Member

I was sitting in an airport terminal wondering why a flight was shown with an estimated departure 70 minutes early, before I realised it was the previous days flight delayed almost 23 hours...

11. hassaanhc

hassaanhc Established Member

I think the system got confused as well. Instead of running Waterloo to Weybridge via Hounslow and Virginia Water, it ran via Wimbledon and Surbiton to Weybridge before crossing over to go to and terminate at Virginia Water. Broken down freight train between Clapham Junction and Wandsworth Town which blocked both Down lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.