• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Describer Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alistair G.

A few I have used in the past:

SPOS/POSS/SDGS (Sidings Possession)

the engine bay (South Bay @ rugby) CL57/THND/1X57 (or a higher first figure depending on how many are stabled)

-T3- Possession

ITEM -@@- depending on which item number it is for the T3

NODR - No driver

NOGD - No Guard or NOTM (No train manager)

FAIL (pretty obvious I reckon)

0S00 is a generic shunt move headcode

SHUT (when we have an adjacent box switch out/close for the night)

TAMP or TMPR (Tamper)

STON (Bletchley Stone in at CMEX)

Sometimes on a loop you will see a headcode at one end and then 4 digits at the the other end of that loop, it generally denotes the time that the freight is set to depart

CALL (waiting for a forward driver to give on)

BLOK (lone blockage)

CRAK (damaged rail)

SOOU (sidings our of use)

4CAR or 8CAR (how many is currently in the bay)

This isn’t an exclusive list or even something we all use. It’s very much a signaller by signaller basis.

Jona26

Can anyone tell me what the 6Q68 in the Platform 3 berth at East Croydon represents? It's been showing for the last few hours and other trains appear to be running through normally.

As per Forum rules: uploaded file shows a screenshot from Traksy with 2 headcodes in the Platform 3 berth at East Croydon station - 6Q68 and 9S33.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190226-142659.jpg
    Screenshot_20190226-142659.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 138

Tomnick

Established Member
Can anyone tell me what the 6Q68 in the Platform 3 berth at East Croydon represents? It's been showing for the last few hours and other trains appear to be running through normally.

As per Forum rules: uploaded file shows a screenshot from Traksy with 2 headcodes in the Platform 3 berth at East Croydon station - 6Q68 and 9S33.
There’s nothing there on the Open Train Times maps, so it’s possibly just that Traksy hasn’t received the message when the description stepped or was cleared. Presumably there’s not been anything through in the same direction to overwrite it?

Sunset route

It was a tamper for last nights T3 possession, it was booked to have the possession taken around it on T104 signal (which is the Up direction signal for platform 3). Because it one TD berth with a dual identidy it won’t show up on the signallers display on the diagram so will probably be over written when the next up train goes up platform 3 (or I might remove it tonight when I go on duty).

Peter Fox

Seen yesterday: GZAC.
That puzzled me. Turns out to be Green Zone Access Controller.
So now you know.

Seen yesterday: GZAC.
That puzzled me. Turns out to be Green Zone Access Controller.
So now you know.

In a nutshell this will be used in the same way as "-LB-" or "BLOK" would be. To remind the signaller that a line blockage has been taken in that area.

Jona26

Just now in the sidings at Brighton!

Screenshot shows the train describer message LUKE in the berth controlled by position signal 1264.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190329-220325.jpg
    Screenshot_20190329-220325.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 173

Sunset route

Shunters or whatever the grade is called these days

There is a,

Panel Operator for Lovers walk Depot
Shunter for Hove Yard
The Driver for Wall Sidings
The Driver for Preston Park Sidings
Part time DP for Down Main Sidings

and apart from that it’s all pretty standard lol.

LAX54

Established Member
Personally I use "DETS" for a line blockage with detonator protection not for a T3.

Have to admit we use combination of DETS, ITxx -T3- BLCK, depending on who is on the panel, for Line Blocks just tends to be -LB-

BRblue

Have to admit we use combination of DETS, ITxx -T3- BLCK, depending on who is on the panel, for Line Blocks just tends to be -LB-
Virtually the same as us...
-T3-,
-LB- or BLOK,
I only use DETS in conjunction with -LB- as a reminder because line blockages with detonator protection are quite rare in my area.

AlexNL

Established Member
Given today's heat related issues, I decided to take a look at Traksy. And I noticed this at Kings Cross:

upload_2019-7-25_20-38-18.png

DUNO = Don't Know? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.