• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Driver online prep courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon87

Yeah I'm timing myself, 2 mins... I get ten lines down the 15, with just the odd one or two missing now.

I'm using paper print outs for the GB, but I got this to help with the computer based stuff.
Nice one!

How much time are you given on the actual GB tests at the assessment day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheVicLine

It will give you a greater understanding of the role if you are from outside the industry if nothing else. I paid for it, got to the interview stage with 2 different TOCs at the same time and was offered 2 drivers jobs.
Would I have got the job offers anyway? Who knows.

LCC106

Established Member
No idea on the number of columns or rows. When you’re in there you don’t get time to count ha ha! Sorry! But 5 separate pages and it can be a bit intense especially when you’re all using pencils and you can hear other people marking them off faster than you. Still managed to pass though :)

Anon87

No idea on the number of columns or rows. When you’re in there you don’t get time to count ha ha! Sorry! But 5 separate pages and it can be a bit intense especially when you’re all using pencils and you can hear other people marking them off faster than you. Still managed to pass though :)
Congrats on the pass 8-)

At least I have an idea of what scale I need to practice on now. Best of luck with the rest of the process!

Anon87

Hi KJ83

Not sure if its the same but the OPC which is the recognised standard has tests at the fraction of the costs, probably a little late now you've purchased but there practice material are at:-

https://www.theopc.co.uk/candidates/practice-tests/

or

https://www.uktrainingsolutions.com might have some bits plus might help going forward with training materials.

Hope this helps in some way.
The OPC tests would be more suitable! Pilotman - clearly the train driver section is relevant but what would also be relevant from the general section? I’m thinking obviously SCAAT, any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.