• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Guard EC Leeds and Kings Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JJP87

Great spot! I have got my application in. Fingers crossed!!!!!!! :D

garageflower

put one in for this too, was knocked back for CSA last year on the weakness of my group interview... hoping thats not considered for this fresh app!

guard001

Hi, I am currently working as a Guard for Southern Trains based in London. I just applied for the King's Cross vacancy. I have a few questions:

1. Do I have a better chance as a qualified guard, and would I go to full pay quicker?

2. what is the roster like as far as rest days?

3. what routes are king's cross guards doing?

Thanks

Hi, I am currently working as a Guard for Southern Trains based in London. I just applied for the King's Cross vacancy. I have a few questions:

1. Do I have a better chance as a qualified guard, and would I go to full pay quicker?

2. what is the roster like as far as rest days?

3. what routes are king's cross guards doing?

Thanks

1. Based on the fact the last few guards jobs at Leeds that went external went to ex Northern guards then yes I say you do have a better chance but no to going to full pay quicker.
2. There is only 1 link for guards at Kings Cross, it's a 12 week cycle based on an average of 35 hrs per week and I would guess at about 36 rest days in that 12 weeks but don't quote me on that.
3. They work to Leeds and Newcastle, with the Hertford loop and Cambridge diversions also in the route learning. (Not sure about the Lincoln/Gainsbrough diversion for London based guards)

Status
Not open for further replies.