• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train guard position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkson143

Hi there,

I've just passed the medical and psychometric tests needed to become a train guard. As you can guess I really can't wait to get started and learn everything I need to know. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to give myself a head start?

Thanks folks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
Congratulations!

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Your training will be done on the basis that no one in the room has ever been on a train before. There is a lot to get through but your trainers will help you get there at the right pace. Anything you try and pick up now might just confuse things!

Good luck with it. I had a great time on training: as much as I love the job, part of me would love to do it all again! Although the 9 weeks living in a hotel might have had something to do with that :D

pop79

Hi Inkson I have a Train Guard assessment with SWT any detailed hints or tips ?
Thanks very much
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi Inkson I have a Train Guard assessment with SWT any detailed hints or tips ?
Thanks very much

TDK

Established Member
You won't need a head start and I wonder why you would want a head start anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.