• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train hit something near Narborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Hi,
I was just on the 18:22 Birmingham to Stanstead XC service. Around Narborough, the driver blew his horn as we hit something quite hard.

We stopped shortly after (although I was surprised how long it took to stop - a good minute or two; we were clearly decelerating. Just goes to show how much it takes to stop a train at full speed.)

The driver got out and checked something for a bit, then came back in and continued to Leicester.

Does anybody know what happened?

Also I apologise if this sort of thread is not allowed, I appreciate it could be sensitive info, will edit it ASAP if that is the case.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
I would imagine an animal, If it was a person he would have stayed where he stopped. If it was not a living thing there would be no point blowing the horn at it!

Minilad

Established Member
Strange one this. Just checked and train arrived 1 early into Leicester. Timings didn't suggest a stop and look around. Sure it was the 1822 ?

Badger

Yes, 1822.

If it was a person he would have stayed where he stopped.

That's good to hear.

I was in the sideways seats with my back against the driver's wall/door, so felt everything. Done my back in too. Won't sit like that again!

Between that and someone setting stink bombs off on an already typically smelly pendy, pretty bad day.

Last edited:

GadgetMan

There were earlier reports of youths trespassing between Narborough and Hinckley. Apparently there's a fun fair in the vicinity, perhaps the traveller kids are looking for a passtime and placing objects on the line.

Or it could be an animal as suggested earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.