• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Maintainer London Underground Vacancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Applepie356

Definitely a good opportunity to get into the underground and a very good salary as well. Does anyone know what the competency based interview would be like at the assessment stage?

Unfortunately my current job driving buses doesn’t involve using tools etc so not sure if I’d hold up well against people who are plumbers, engineers etc.

felicita

Definitely a good opportunity to get into the underground and a very good salary as well. Does anyone know what the competency based interview would be like at the assessment stage?

Unfortunately my current job driving buses doesn’t involve using tools etc so not sure if I’d hold up well against people who are plumbers, engineers etc.
Hello

Job description says they will teach everything
I’m a girl I know how to use a hammer and drill and that’s about it ;) I’ve applied and did online test now just need to wait
I’m working as a train operator but a little bored now let’s see how it goes ;)

saracen

Hello

Job description says they will teach everything
I’m a girl I know how to use a hammer and drill and that’s about it ;) I’ve applied and did online test now just need to wait
I’m working as a train operator but a little bored now let’s see how it goes ;)

Go for it!

felicita

Online test wasn’t easy... verbal reasoning then maths and mechanical numeracy that was a new one for me lol

Unknockable

Applied to this when it was advertised before, i can handle the mechanic and the verbal tests but not the maths. I attempted the practice maths questions and got like 5 out of 8 wrong, from then I just told melysekf to forget about it

felicita

Applied to this when it was advertised before, i can handle the mechanic and the verbal tests but not the maths. I attempted the practice maths questions and got like 5 out of 8 wrong, from then I just told melysekf to forget about it
Math test was hard but the one for NR was harder than this, I don't understand why they need it in such a dept, simple adding/contracting and common sense should be enough

felicita

try again if you really want it maybe practice math a bit more

kgerd

Does anyone know how long after the online test you find out if you through to next step? And also are you aloud to answer incorrect on any question or are you straight out then? Thanks!!

KCJones

A lot of people don't notice or don't bother to click the link to the practice tests, which would make a big difference

kgerd

Yes then i can understand your application might not even be considered. But I read on a job advert from earlier this year regarding same position that if you answer a question wrong, your application will be declined ... i couldn’t see that info on the job advertised now though and it seem pretty hard to achieve all correct answers!

Salesy

Does anyone know how long after the online test you find out if you through to next step? And also are you aloud to answer incorrect on any question or are you straight out then? Thanks!!

5-10 days after 17th November (the application closing date).

Sam11

I completed the 3 tests today and i dont mind admitting the maths test was difficult especially being against the clock you barely have a minute a question and i did the practice several times

Bencronin

I have applied for this role about 3 weeks ago, since then the ad has been updated stating that if you get one of the answers wrong then the application will be declined.
Admittedly it wasn't the easiest test of all time and I know I answered some wrong.
I wont be holding my breath for this role but will be keeping fingers crossed.
Good luck to all of you who applied.

KCJones

5-10 days after 17th November (the application closing date).

I guess they'll be setting the pass mark like some school exams depending on overall results

A couple of mates applied and they said it was tricker than expected but they didn't practice !!!!!!!

Bencronin

Yes I presume its 5-10 working days after the closing date.
It was tricky.
I think anyone who got 100% of the answers correct would be in more senior positions then the job advertised.

Firestarter

Yes I presume its 5-10 working days after the closing date.
It was tricky.
I think anyone who got 100% of the answers correct would be in more senior positions then the job advertised.

The wrong answers were on the initial Application stage not the online questions I believe

GeniusB

I have, received an email yesterday stating my application has been withdrawn ? As apparently my online assessments are only showing 1 completed and not all 3 ??
Bit of a joke as I know I completed all 3 and received the completion email.

Good luck to the rest of you.

kgerd

I have, received an email yesterday stating my application has been withdrawn ? As apparently my online assessments are only showing 1 completed and not all 3 ??
Bit of a joke as I know I completed all 3 and received the completion email.

Good luck to the rest of you.

you should contact the recruitment team and show them your confirmation email, they might re-consider ?

GeniusB

you should contact the recruitment team and show them your confirmation email, they might re-consider ?
I did exactly that about 10am this morning, called them spoke to recruitment team, they asked me to forward the confirmation email for clarification and by 3pm this afternoon got an email from recruitment again apologizing for the error and confusion, however because they cannot get no scores to mark because 2 of assessments are not showingthey can't get a score for me, so they still won't be taking my application any further.
So basically not taking any responsibility for it, and it's just my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.