• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Maintainer London Underground Vacancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bencronin

Cheers guys.
My mechanical would be a lot better than my electrical, so I guess I'll have to put a lot of time in my electrical practice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whizz

seriously? no vacancies? they could have said that they want a talent pool :D congrats!
Thank you. I guess they’re expecting vacancies to pop up hence the mass recruitment. It’s still a waiting game unfortunately.

Bucephalus

Thank you. I guess they’re expecting vacancies to pop up hence the mass recruitment. It’s still a waiting game unfortunately.

It says on the invitation email I think, there can be up to a 12 month wait for a start date - but hopefully they won't use it all.
I'm sorry to everyone who's 'assessment' didn't reach the 'benchmark'

Shanshine

Hey Everyone,

Going for my assessment this Friday, the 31st Jan. I’m fascinated by the length of the process.. I have sent the initial application on the 15th of October, not long after it was posted, waited a month for the closing date in mid Nov, got the good news that I passed the online tests on the 3rd December and been told to wait until more assessment dates become available. I received my invitation email to book the assessment on the 16th of Dec, and within 10 minutes I booked the earliest available date, which was the 31st of Jan. I was now eagerly going through this thread to find out some details about the electrical bit, but became not much more enlightened about the day at the centre. Presumably those who passed would rather not lower their own chances by improving others’. - which now, written down makes sense.
Some mentioned that their assessment will be reviewed after 6 weeks which would be around beginning of March, when the whole charade ends, I guess, as some here have their date on the 14th so final decision around 2 weeks after the las date?
Anyways, I’m sorry for those who failed so far, congratulations to those who passed and good luck to those who are yet to be assessed. ✌️

Last edited:

Shanshine

Thankfully I have passed the assessment. But they said they don’t have any vacancies yet, and will put me on a waiting list.
Also, when they put you on the waiting list, is it because there is no vacancies at your preferred depot (if they asked for your preferred location) or none whatsoever. I’m only asking because I live south so ie. Upminster or Cockfosters might be a nono.
Cheers

Last edited:

Bencronin

Also, when they put you on the waiting list, is it because there is no vacancies at your preferred depot (if they asked for your preferred location) or none whatsoever. I’m only asking because I live south so my preferred would be Upminster or Cockfosters might be a nono.
Cheers
I dont think we get a choice on where we would like to be based. It could be anywhere on the network.
And yes I agree that some people dont like to give away too much info on the assessment. I really dont know why.
Good luck on friday. Hope it all goes well for you.

whizz

Also, when they put you on the waiting list, is it because there is no vacancies at your preferred depot (if they asked for your preferred location) or none whatsoever. I’m only asking because I live south so ie. Upminster or Cockfosters might be a nono.
Cheers
I honestly don't know. I haven't stated a preferred depot, I am assuming they will have vacancies coming up and would rather have a pool of people to start when the vacancies arise. They did say it could be anywhere in London.

Assassin8r

Hi I made it through..... even though I didn’t answer the responsiveness or result focused competancy! No vacancy it’s a matter of waiting it out further more

Last edited:

Shanshine

Hi I made it through..... even though I didn’t answer the responsiveness or result focused competancy! No vacancy it’s a matter of waiting it out further more
Whoop whoop, well done mate! Im glad I’m not the only one struggling to answer the results focused question.. my whole life i was struggling with verbal exams and was much better at writing, and show n tell, and this was the case here as well. We shall see in 10-15 days. I should’ve prepared for the interview more, but instead i spent time revising electrical circuits, and wheel lathe machines, and doors, and brakes.. which they never even asked about

Shanshine

After 3 days,HR made contact and told me the standard refusal that I didn’t met the benchmark and will be reviewed in 6 weeks time. Bummer

Rob88

Morning all, I’m up for my assessment tomorrow.

could anyone enlighten me on how long / how many questions are asked, roughly, on the competency part of the interview?

just prepping for tomorrow and could do with some ideas on what to focus on?

any info would be greatly appreciated,

many thanks

Gordon97

Morning all, I’m up for my assessment tomorrow.

could anyone enlighten me on how long / how many questions are asked, roughly, on the competency part of the interview?

just prepping for tomorrow and could do with some ideas on what to focus on?

any info would be greatly appreciated,

many thanks
Hi mate,
Hope it went well
Any advice for the electrical and mechanical interview? What types of questions did they ask
Cheers

Rob88

Hi mate,
Hope it went well
Any advice for the electrical and mechanical interview? What types of questions did they ask
Cheers
Hello mate,

went ok, I think, can never judge really?

they were just general knowledge questions I thought, I’d imagine there are different questions for each candidate.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.