• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Manager Rosters - LNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsea_juh93@

Hi all,

I'm looking for information regarding shift patterns for LNER train managers. I'm finding it difficult to find any information online, does anyone have an example rota that they can provide. Also, what are the usual contracted hours per week?

I've been invited to the assessment centre after applying for the role and I'm trying not to get too worried about it, but the more and more I look into the role, the more I want it and the more worried I am that I won't pass!

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm looking for information regarding shift patterns for LNER train managers. I'm finding it difficult to find any information online, does anyone have an example rota that they can provide. Also, what are the usual contracted hours per week?

I've been invited to the assessment centre after applying for the role and I'm trying not to get too worried about it, but the more and more I look into the role, the more I want it and the more worried I am that I won't pass!

Thank you.
What location?

Mirri

Would you mind coming back afterwards and letting us know about the assessment centre? I've got an assessment next month and I can find lots of information about assessment days for driver roles, but not for train manager.

falcon

Hi all,

Thank you.
The last I knew.

35hr week. The roster at Newcastle cycles round throughout the year. So everyone works early and lates. 12hr minimum gap between shifts. Sunday is part of the week. Newcastles one run to london and back, they used to do a Glasgow and back on a weekends.

Don't worry about rosters or hours, if you are you might well be applying for the wrong job.

Wait until the wires come down, then you will be worrying:lol:

PeteBR

The last I knew.

35hr week. The roster at Newcastle cycles round throughout the year. So everyone works early and lates. 12hr minimum gap between shifts. Sunday is part of the week. Newcastles one run to london and back, they used to do a Glasgow and back on a weekends.

Don't worry about rosters or hours, if you are you might well be applying for the wrong job.

Wait until the wires come down, then you will be worrying:lol:
Hi Falcon, I think your information may be a little outdated! Newcastle depot rosters, are fixed links now with a number of fixed links namely an early early roster, Early Middle roster, a late middle roster and a late late roster. It is as you state a 35 hour week averaged over 12 weeks. Vacant rosters are regularly advertised, and allocated on preference and where more than one applicant for the same roster, then assigned on seniority.

Good luck Chelsea, let us know how you got on! It's not often the role is advertised externally, so wishing you the very best of luck.

Would you mind coming back afterwards and letting us know about the assessment centre? I've got an assessment next month and I can find lots of information about assessment days for driver roles, but not for train manager.
Sorry Mirri just seen this now how did you get on with your assessment day?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.