• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train of 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainof1000

Hello everyone!

I justed wanted to inform you guys that I go with a special train (the Train of 1000) to Auschwitz the 5th of may. The train is 423 meters long (which is quite long if i'm correct) and departs from Brussels. We will ride through Germany, Czech Republic and a part of Poland.

If you want more info, let me know!

greets,
Hannes

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainof1000

Hi!

I'm afraid we don't pass by Düsseldorf! We have a stop in Darmstadt though. The train departs at 15h in Brussels (Belgium). It will have another stop in Namur (Belgium) at 16h, next stop will be Waasserbëlleg (Luxemburg) at 18h30. The stop in Darmstadt will be around 23h. I presume we'll pass by Bamberg and Bayreuth before we head into Czech Republic where we'll have a stop in Prague.

martinr1

Hi Hannes - where will the train terminate at Auschwitz? When I visited a few years ago the track to Birkenau was still there but very overgrown.

Trainof1000

Hi!

The train won't stop in Auschwitz itself. The end station of the Train of 1000 is Krakow (Krakau)

TheKnightWho

Established Member
Hi Hannes - where will the train terminate at Auschwitz? When I visited a few years ago the track to Birkenau was still there but very overgrown.

I believe the connection to Birkenau has been severed - I think retaining an active connection, even mothballed or rarely used, would be quite insulting really. The closest you can get is Oświęcim station by rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.