• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train operator capacity provision post-19th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardTBC

Hi all,

I just wondered what the TOC's point of view was now that we have reached 19th July.....are they going back to full capacity seating wise or are they still keeping seats out in order to maintain some for of social distancing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Full capacity all round, no more compulsory reservations, and no more mandatory masks on national rail services (apart from those in Scotland, Wales and ran by TfL).

In other words, for the first time in about 18 months, It’s business as usual.

dk1

Veteran Member
Thank goodness it’s back to normal. LNER has got to have been the worst for this reservation lark. Never reserved a seat in my life & so grateful I’ve not needed them in the last year or so.

westv

Established Member
Are the TOCs still effectively government owned or has that all changed now?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
No, AFAICS the actual TOCs are nearly all (except those under the DfT operator of last resort - OLR) still privately owned, it’s the contracts that changed to give more government control or a concession model.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Thank goodness it’s back to normal. LNER has got to have been the worst for this reservation lark. Never reserved a seat in my life & so grateful I’ve not needed them in the last year or so.
I still think LNER are the worse of them operators on policy that I have seen so far. They are not covering themselves in glory by trying to mandate masks via guilt.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
They are government controlled, yes.
They are still independent companies though, and can do things their way.
The TOCs are in transition from emergency contracts to service delivery contracts which will last till GBR takes over (and probably beyond).
Different contracts apply for Wales, Scotland, Merseyrail and London Overground, as the DfT is not in charge of those TOCs.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
The railway is all owned by the government, they just contract it out to privateers to operate.
Freight is properly private
And service reductions from next week due to staff shortages

Status
Not open for further replies.