• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Operators who consider relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunfordBridge

Owing to a change in personal circumstances I am now in a position where I am able to consider relocation to other parts of the country. Hitherto I have been restricted for applying for rail vacancies within North Yorkshire which usually meant Transpennine Express.

The question I would like to pose is which operators are willing to consider applicants willing to relocate as most operators seem to stipulate that you live within 45 to 60 minutes commuting distance of the depot to which you are applying? I understand that previously, people promised relocation but failed to keep their word after the job offer.

I guess I will find out soon enough the answer to this question but any useful pointers would be welcome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SAlty

I believe Scotrail are happy to consider re-locators, but not sure of anyone else. I'd also be interested to hear replies on this.

DunfordBridge

Thanks SAlty. I did actually apply for Freightliner Heavy Haul and the job could have been anywhere in the country, but that was back in 2013. Just as well I did not get the job actually.

Indy3995

GWR
I'm relocating from West Yorkshire to as far down as you can get...end of the line Penzance for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.