• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Presentation Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickortrack

Before i start, Hello i am a new member on here so hello again :D

Would like to ask anyone who works or knows whats it like to work cleaning the trains be it daytime or nightshift. The salary sounds decent and i suppose it`s not that hard a job given that there is full training. I failed the telephone train driver job (not fair how can you tell how good or bad a person is over the phone) so i thought i maybe apply for this or a gateline ticket person.

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Isn't really the hardest job in the world, but will mean standing on your feet most of the time and dealing with some unpleasant things (toilets being the main one). Still, it is a good entry level job and can get you into the company and hopefully onto a higher level position.

LCC106

Established Member
As 142094 says, not the most pleasant job in the world. However, depending on how it works where you'd be based, once you get in there I'd recommend a cheery attitude and talking to as many people as possible (but not overkill...) to find out about their job, how they got in, any tips and recommendations they can give you to prepare should a suitable opportunity come up. May be easier to get an interview if you're already known to the company. However, you still have to work hard practising the tests to make it through the assessment centres!

By the way, one lad on induction with us was going to be on permanent nights on a 7 on 7 off basis. Not sure if this helps but hopefully someone else can fill in the gaps for you!

Beveridges

Established Member
Cleaning can be one of the hardest jobs but it is not always due to the amount of breaks you get at some locations you can have well over 4 hours worth of breaks per night (check this first before starting however as this will obviously be depot specific)

Status
Not open for further replies.