• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train seen just out of Marylebone today

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1337

Did 86 miles today around London on a travelcard including catching the XC Voyager from Kensington Olympia to East Croydon today and covering bits of the Thameslink route I hadn't before. At about 15:27 I left Marylebone on a 165 and saw a train made up of coaches (I think mark 3) in an Inter-City blue and cream livery, they were all first class. It had 67002 at one end and 67017 at the other. Just wondering if anyone knows what it was ie a railtour or anything?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CraigS

Established Member
The 67s + Mk3s are being used on training runs for Wrexham, Shropshire and Marylebone Railway, a new open access operator set to start services in a few months time.

Jord

The 67s + Mk3s are being used on training runs for Wrexham, Shropshire and Marylebone Railway, a new open access operator set to start services in a few months time.

But Craig, he states it being Top N' Tailed 67s, I think the Wrexham, Shropshire and Marylebone Railway are using 1x67 and a DVT?

Jord

why else would it be 3 carrages though, most railtours are at least 4 or 5

Will didn't say there was 3 carridges, he said he thinks they were 'mark 3' 8) and that they were Blue and Cream so being the Cargo-D rake, it might well be the Wrexham, Shropshire and Marylebone Railway training runs.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Sounds like more than one training train.

Snapper has pics of 67029 and DVT 82146, both in EWS silver, sandwiching a scratch rake of Cargo D Mk3's (2 x TFO's + 1 x SLEP) at Crewe.

O L Leigh

will1337

I think there were more than 3 carriages, and seemed an odd livery to have them painted in, seemed to predate them? Definitely top'n'tailed though and the locos were EWS Maroon and cream.

thefab444

Established Member
This was the Wrexham, Shropshire & Marylebone Railway training runs, these are running between Banbury and London, whereas the 67 + DVT are between Wolverhampton and Wrexham.

There would've only been three carriages, all FOs.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sounds like more than one training train.

Snapper has pics of 67029 and DVT 82146, both in EWS silver, sandwiching a scratch rake of Cargo D Mk3's (2 x TFO's + 1 x SLEP) at Crewe.

O L Leigh

Yeah there has been 67029 on a Crewe to Wolverhapton via Wrexham trainer and top and tailed 67s on Banbury to Marylebone training runs, plus the bubble car in the midlands :razz: The 67s runs may have finished as both sets appear to have returned to Crewe.

will1337

Thanks, also saw the Virgin 90+MK3+DVT train heading into Euston at Willesden Junction, quite an interesting day.

barrykas

Established Member
There are two runs from Banbury to Marylebone (and return) booked for SX until the 4th of April. The passenger workings are in TSDB as starting on the 24th of April.

The training runs are using 3 x FOs top 'n' tailed with 67s (the rear 67 is shut down for each run), and the passenger work will be 67 + 3 x Mk 3s (I think it'll be an RFM and 2 TSOs) and a DVT.

HTH,

Barry

CraigS

Established Member
But Craig, he states it being Top N' Tailed 67s, I think the Wrexham, Shropshire and Marylebone Railway are using 1x67 and a DVT?

Yes but as already mentioned in this thread, WSMR are using top and tailed 67s with three Mk3 vehicles between Marylebone and Banbury for training purposes.

Heres a photo showing top and tailed 67s

Status
Not open for further replies.