• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim 2020/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfoxcc

Been adding to this for a few weeks and am ok on most of the packages, but 4 are giving me grief!!

The Nuremburg to Regenburg Bahn no 'advance warnings of line speed changes.. so i am continually making notes and going back to the start

How can i overcome it

East Coast ML On the Back to the depot scenario You get a TSR warning for the 30 limit at Brookmans Park but nothing about the 15 mph at Hitchin !!

SW mainline i am driving ok within limits and suddenly there is high pitched beep beep beep beep beep and the brakes go on. no SPADS or similar. What causes this and how do it cancel it.J I have hit the Q key but nothing This seems to occur on all the scenarios

Lastly Portsmouth Direct line End of Days Despite getting back to fratton on time and with adequate points, i only get a tick instead of a ranking

Any thoughts advice on the above please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Been adding to this for a few weeks and am ok on most of the packages, but 4 are giving me grief!!

The Nuremburg to Regenburg Bahn no 'advance warnings of line speed changes.. so i am continually making notes and going back to the start

How can i overcome it
I'm not 100% sure about this one - apologies. Someone else should be able to help.

East Coast ML On the Back to the depot scenario You get a TSR warning for the 30 limit at Brookmans Park but nothing about the 15 mph at Hitchin !!
This sounds like an issue with the scenario itself - the creator probably forgot to put in the right signs/scripting, so there's probably nothing you can do apart from go into the scenario editor and add the right things in.

SW mainline i am driving ok within limits and suddenly there is high pitched beep beep beep beep beep and the brakes go on. no SPADS or similar. What causes this and how do it cancel it.J I have hit the Q key but nothing This seems to occur on all the scenarios
This is the DSD (Driver's Safety Device), and is cancelled by either pressing the 'E' key or by looking down and clicking the pedal on the floor. It's designed to ensure the driver is still awake and alive, in a similar sort of way to the AWS system. This can be turned off with Ctrl+D.

Lastly Portsmouth Direct line End of Days Despite getting back to fratton on time and with adequate points, i only get a tick instead of a ranking
I'd need to play through the scenario to see if this happens at my end too. Have you definitely stopped at all locations/completed all required actions, e.g. stopping at all relevant locations?

-Peter

Darandio

Established Member

It's likely to be an older standard scenario, not career. Only ticks are given for completing, not points.

This is the DSD (Driver's Safety Device), and is cancelled by either pressing the 'E' key or by looking down and clicking the pedal on the floor. It's designed to ensure the driver is still awake and alive, in a similar sort of way to the AWS system. This can be turned off with Ctrl+D.

DSD is the 'F' key in the manual, i've not driven it for so long I cannot confirm it though.

Peter C

Established Member
DSD is the 'F' key in the manual, i've not driven it for so long I cannot confirm it though.
Ah OK - I'll have a look in-game and report back with my findings. :) I think I might be confusing it with the AP 444/450 EP.

-Peter

EDIT: I've just done some quick testing (admittedly using the Class 450 which came with the newer Portsmouth Direct Line route, not the SWML version, but I think they're the same) and it's the 'E' key to cancel the DVD (turns out it's not a DSD - it's a Driver Vigilance Device) and Ctrl+D to turn it off completely. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

silverfoxcc

Gents

Thanks for the replies. It certsainly is nice to do the first leg of the Waterloo to Portsmouth scenario without the random slowing down
As reqards the ECML Hitchin TSP will make a note of the mileage for the next time

Will give an update on the End of Days run and let you know the points total. perhaps i completed it without getting the bronze medal!

Anyway the main problem has been solved, Thanks to all
Brstwishers

Ron

Peter C

Established Member
Gents

Thanks for the replies. It certsainly is nice to do the first leg of the Waterloo to Portsmouth scenario without the random slowing down
As reqards the ECML Hitchin TSP will make a note of the mileage for the next time

Will give an update on the End of Days run and let you know the points total. perhaps i completed it without getting the bronze medal!

Anyway the main problem has been solved, Thanks to all
Brstwishers

Ron
You're very welcome. :) Nice to know I could help (to some extent at least). Shame about the ECML issue but I suppose that's one of the many things in TS we'll just have to deal with!

-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.