• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Hi all hoping for some help I have recently downloaded the GWR 143 reskin and since then when I load any scenarios I get like a laser beam and firework display any one able to help please ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dave87016

Established Member
Train simulator Andy , no problems with settings etc prior to installing GWR class 153 and 143 reskins and class 144

Peter C

Established Member
Hello,
I assume this is the Superalbs Class 143 GWR reskin? If so, and it's for the DTG Riviera Line route, you might need to extract the .ap file in your TS install. If you navigate to the Riviera Line route in your TS install, you might find a .ap file, which can be extracted using 7-Zip, a free program (make sure to click "Extract here"). Then, you can copy the necessary .GeoPcDx files.
If it's not that, you may want to uninstall and reinstall your Riviera Line. This can be done by going into Steam, clicking on "Train Simulator 2020" on the left, scrolling down until you see "Manage my DLC" on the right, clicking that, then scrolling for Riviera Line, clicking the tickbox, clicking "Save", and then going back to that screen and clicking on the same tickbox to reinstall the route.

Hope this helps,

-Peter

dave87016

Established Member
Peter

Many thanks once again for your help I will give it a try tommorow and let you know if it works , you are correct where the download is from - the Super Albs website

dave87016

Established Member
I have tried your first point peter with no success I’m afraid below is a picture of the problem I’m experiencing

Attachments

• DEA987E6-7B64-4622-8F85-BE6AD28AAA50.jpeg
    DEA987E6-7B64-4622-8F85-BE6AD28AAA50.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

Peter C

Established Member
Peter

Many thanks once again for your help I will give it a try tommorow and let you know if it works , you are correct where the download is from - the Super Albs website
I have tried your first point peter with no success I’m afraid below is a picture of the problem I’m experiencing
Oh no - sorry to hear that it's still not working. Seeing as it's a Superalbs reskin I would have thought it would work every time it's installed. I'll install it again and see if it works. I'll write up my process below:

1 - Download reskin from www.superalbs.weebly.com
2 - Find the .zip file you downloaded.
3 - Extract its contents using 7-Zip or WinRAR.
4 - Extract the .rwp file using 7-Zip or WinRAR.
5 - Copy the "Assets" folder.
6 - Paste the "Assets" folder into your Train Sim install (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks)
7 - Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets\RSC\RivieraLine and ensure the .ap file has been extracted. If it has not been extracted yet, use 7-Zip to extract the files using "Extract here". Do not use any other tool provided in the 7-Zip list.
8 - Click on RailVehicles>Diesel>Class143>Default>Engine and copy the .GeoPcDx files.
9 - Go back to Class143 and click on GWR.
10 - Paste the .GeoPcDx files.
11 - This is the reskin now installed.

If this doesn't work, let me know and I will be more than happy to help! :D

-Peter

dave87016

Established Member
Hi peter thanks for your guide how to do that I have installed the files you mentioned, the picture I posted earlier in the thread seems to occur when I load a scenario involving either a FGW or GWR 143 or 153

When I get home I will try Rivera Line scenario but using a different class and will post the end result

Once again peter thanks very much for your time and help much appreciated

Peter C

Established Member
Installing your Class 153 again might work. If you don't know where you downloaded the .exe file for the 153 from JustTrains from, go to their website and re-download it and reinstall it. Then reinstall the 153 reskin. But this might not work!

Hope this helps,

-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.