• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim World 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lek

Hi folks, I just bought the TSW2 collectors editiion with heavy freight add on, PS4 version running on my PS5. I have been through loads of stuff, I have the Northern Trans Pennine installed, but when I select this, there is no option to drive the 08's or 40's. Best I can do is access a picture of the 08 with zero miles which can be accessed in the menu with the driver in a blue square at the bottom left of the screen.

Just to add, the East coast line is surely mislabelled, naturally I expected London KX, Peterborough, York, Doncaster, Newcastle, Edinburgh (cities along the east coast) but it is actually a south coast line, west of London (Brighton, etc), unless the country has rotated 90º anti-clockwise and I hadn't noticed, this makes no sense whatsoever. Another disappointment, as I was really looking forward to driving through my hometown (along the east coast).

Not wanting to be mean to the developer and just an opinion, but I find the interface on this version is way more clunky and convoluted than the original TSW2020, to the point of not wanting to play TSW2, I feel I've wasted my money as there's no refunds once you've tried it.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Just to add, the East coast line is surely mislabelled, naturally I expected London KX, Peterborough, York, Doncaster, Newcastle, Edinburgh (cities along the east coast) but it is actually a south coast line, west of London (Brighton, etc)

That route is called East Coastway, and I was under the impression this was the correct name give to the Brighton to Eastbourne & Seaham route.

With regards to the rest of your comments, I mostly agree. It certainly is 'clunkier' than I remember it.

I am slowly growing used to it though, having switched back over from Railworks earlier this year.

JohnMcL7

Are there any mods or similar that allow you to freely choose a route or timetable and then any train? There was a mode for the original TSW which allowed this and although there were some limitations, it generally worked well. With TSW2 so far my searches are turning up nothing and while there is the scenario planner I just find that so clunky and slow to use just for a quick one off ride it just isn't worth it.

Iskra

Established Member
Exciting news; steam has arrived- it will involve the LMS Jubilee set in BR times on a route involving Liverpool Lime Street- Crewe. Exciting times :D Also included will be an 8F. I’m really looking forward to this one and of course it’s great that it’s a time period where you can use BR green diesels on the route too :)

I have virtually no interest in steam. However, having read the announcement you linked to @Iskra I'm actually quite excited about it. The visuals look good and it will be interesting to see how Dovetail handle the control scheme for the steam locos. And it looks like they've chosen a decent route - Liverpool Lime Street to Crewe.

Iskra

Established Member
I have virtually no interest in steam. However, having read the announcement you linked to @Iskra I'm actually quite excited about it. The visuals look good and it will be interesting to see how Dovetail handle the control scheme for the steam locos. And it looks like they've chosen a decent route - Liverpool Lime Street to Crewe.
Yes, I agree, I’m looking forward to travelling the Lime Street cuttings too. I hope they can include a BR Black/Green 08 and a 101 to cover shunting and local services. I’m very happy that steam traction is coming but it wouldn’t be realistic to see Jube’s spamming onto services they wouldn’t have really been seen on and the 08/101 are easy fixes since they are in game already.

D821

Maybe be it'll feature some Dailey Thompson's Decathlon-style keyboard hammering to shovel the coal!

Status
Not open for further replies.