• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim World 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to play Train Simulator a heck of a lot around a decade or so ago, but I lost interest after a while (as I do with lots of other video games). Plus I was a child back then and as such had more time to mess around with all the different features.

Nowadays, I find myself really wanting to get back into Train Simulator, although it seems really inaccessible to me now. For one thing I no longer have access to the PC I originally had it on (and can't afford one that's powerful enough to play it). The other thing is that there is such an overwhelming amount of new content that I wouldn't know where to start. There seem to be multiple versions of the HST, for example- are they compatible with all routes or are they only for certain routes? One route that I'd love to try out is Bristol- Swansea, as it is one I'm very familiar with, however there seems to be two different versions of it. Why? And what's different?

The North Wales route also looked like a lot of fun but when Avanti took over from Virgin, they took down everything in the game that had Virgin branding and made it unavailable to purchase. Is it naive of me to think it would have been better to simply remove all Virgin branding and have a plain livery, as opposed to just taking it down entirely?

I'd love to get back into Train Simulator, but it just seems so complicated and expensive. None of the routes currently offered in the base game interest me, so I'd have to spend a small fortune in order to put enough content into the game to actually make it worth playing.

I bought Train Sim World 2020 for my PS4 around 6 months ago, and overall my experience with it has been positive. My main complaints with it are mostly personal gripes- there are too many non UK routes (I don't really have much of an interest in trains outside of the UK, although I'm aware I'm probably in the minority with that), and a lot of the routes seem too short. It may just be my nostalgia of the Paddington to Oxford route in Train Simulator, but having the route only run as far as Reading in TSW seems downright insulting to me.

Overall I'm excited for TSW2. I know people are unhappy with the Bakerloo line but honestly I'm super excited for it. It's my favourite Underground line and if i was allowed to pick any to be in the game, it would be that. The ICE line also looks like one of the few non UK routes I'll actually enjoy. The TGV route that seems to be in planning also sounds exciting- high speed rail in Europe is something I'm slightly more familiar with.

I'm aware the Southeastern High Speed line was already in Train Simulator, but it was added long after my stint with the game was over, so it'll be a new experience for me. I'm looking forward to it a lot, although I can think of a bunch of other routes I'd rather see. That's what DLC is for after all. Only the future will tell.

Thanks for reading such a long post! Just thought I'd say my piece :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
I used to play Train Simulator a heck of a lot around a decade or so ago, but I lost interest after a while (as I do with lots of other video games). Plus I was a child back then and as such had more time to mess around with all the different features.

Nowadays, I find myself really wanting to get back into Train Simulator, although it seems really inaccessible to me now. For one thing I no longer have access to the PC I originally had it on (and can't afford one that's powerful enough to play it). The other thing is that there is such an overwhelming amount of new content that I wouldn't know where to start. There seem to be multiple versions of the HST, for example- are they compatible with all routes or are they only for certain routes? One route that I'd love to try out is Bristol- Swansea, as it is one I'm very familiar with, however there seems to be two different versions of it. Why? And what's different?

The North Wales route also looked like a lot of fun but when Avanti took over from Virgin, they took down everything in the game that had Virgin branding and made it unavailable to purchase. Is it naive of me to think it would have been better to simply remove all Virgin branding and have a plain livery, as opposed to just taking it down entirely?

I'd love to get back into Train Simulator, but it just seems so complicated and expensive. None of the routes currently offered in the base game interest me, so I'd have to spend a small fortune in order to put enough content into the game to actually make it worth playing.

I bought Train Sim World 2020 for my PS4 around 6 months ago, and overall my experience with it has been positive. My main complaints with it are mostly personal gripes- there are too many non UK routes (I don't really have much of an interest in trains outside of the UK, although I'm aware I'm probably in the minority with that), and a lot of the routes seem too short. It may just be my nostalgia of the Paddington to Oxford route in Train Simulator, but having the route only run as far as Reading in TSW seems downright insulting to me.

Overall I'm excited for TSW2. I know people are unhappy with the Bakerloo line but honestly I'm super excited for it. It's my favourite Underground line and if i was allowed to pick any to be in the game, it would be that. The ICE line also looks like one of the few non UK routes I'll actually enjoy. The TGV route that seems to be in planning also sounds exciting- high speed rail in Europe is something I'm slightly more familiar with.

I'm aware the Southeastern High Speed line was already in Train Simulator, but it was added long after my stint with the game was over, so it'll be a new experience for me. I'm looking forward to it a lot, although I can think of a bunch of other routes I'd rather see. That's what DLC is for after all. Only the future will tell.

Thanks for reading such a long post! Just thought I'd say my piece :)
It's probably worth me sending you a PM to answer your questions about TS, rather than on this thread (off-topic posts and all that). :)

In regards to TSW2 - and @Iskra may be interested to hear this - according to the livestream DTG are currently doing on YouTube, the reason they're making the Isle of Wight and London-Faversham for TSW2 after making them for TS20xx is due to the current situation with regards to coronavirus and being able to get out to do proper research trips and whatnot. They already have all of the information they need and if they need anything else, they can just look it up as it's probably going to be small details. I like the approach of making something rather than nothing at all, but I would have liked to have seen a completely new route.

-Peter

It's probably worth me sending you a PM to answer your questions about TS, rather than on this thread (off-topic posts and all that). :)

In regards to TSW2 - and @Iskra may be interested to hear this - according to the livestream DTG are currently doing on YouTube, the reason they're making the Isle of Wight and London-Faversham for TSW2 after making them for TS20xx is due to the current situation with regards to coronavirus and being able to get out to do proper research trips and whatnot. They already have all of the information they need and if they need anything else, they can just look it up as it's probably going to be small details. I like the approach of making something rather than nothing at all, but I would have liked to have seen a completely new route.

-Peter

I see. That makes sense. Honestly there are lots of routes in Train Simulator I'd love to see in TSW2, so I'm not opposed to the approach at all.

Peter C

Established Member
I see. That makes sense. Honestly there are lots of routes in Train Simulator I'd love to see in TSW2, so I'm not opposed to the approach at all.
Hopefully more and more routes will be developed over the years to come and TSW2 will be the next big thing we were promised a few years ago - but we've got to wait and see :)

-Peter

Train Sim World 2 is out now!
I've just watched the beginning of Moleman978's video on TSW2 (just the Bakerloo Line, I'm really not that interested about the other two routes) and if you look at around 22 minutes in, when he alights from the train at Paddington, you can see the train clipping the platform edge. I don't expect everything to be perfect, but you would expect the route design/testing team to check the route for things like this.
Moleman978 video:
(link will take you to the exact point where you can see the train clipping through the platform - pause the video as soon as it starts to see it)

-Peter

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have to say I find DTG to almost have a split personality. They clearly do care about getting things right on the whole. The TSW routes that I have seem to be extremely accurate. I live on the Tees Valley line and whilst I wasn't alive during the period that they're modelling in TSW it's a seriously impressive recreation and probably about as accurate as you're going to get unless you set up a company whose sole mission was to model the Tees Valley in the mid/late 80s no matter how financially ruinous it becomes to just focus on that. Clearly a heck of a lot of care, attention and thought has gone into that route (and the various others).

But then it feels like there isn't always that much follow up to tweak and fix things that aren't quite right or a bit buggy once a route is let out into the real world. For instance I'm lead to believe (as I don't know the railway well enough) that the North East Corridor's implementation of various safety systems like ACSES was buggy in the extreme (certainly I turned it off after a couple of attempts to drive with it on!). Perhaps it been fixed since but I got the sense that it had been broken for quite a while when I was googling this. Now I suppose you can't support things forever and there comes a point when perfect becomes the enemy of good enough (you'd never launch anything if you waited for perfection). But it just seems odd that they invest so much in getting things so right and detailed but then don't quite get the job done once it's launched and needs tweaking/fixes.

The other thing that's struck me as odd is that there are some, what seem to me, obvious features and really big wins, missing. Mostly around the ability to create scenarios. I can get why creating a route editor is a pain the rear that they don't want to worry about (particularly as they want console support) but I don't get why it's impossible for me (or anyone else) to have a timetable editor so I can create my own scenarios? You know why can't I set up to have a Class 20 hauling an summer Saturday train between Leeds and Manchester? Or an HST on a railtour train between Eaglescliffe and Saltburn (okay not quite period appropriate with the available models but still)? It gets even weirder to me in that they've meticulously modelled bits of track and infrastructure that end up hardly being used, or not being used at all in the available scenarios. For instance there's definitely some stuff freight stuff that's not used on CalTrain as well as the carriage sidings outside San Francisco. Or on the Tees Valley I think the ore loader at Redcar is only used once in one scenario.

Hence I just can't quite get a solid read on DTG. They clearly care a great deal as they do make very detailed, very playable and very enjoyable simulations. But there's just these gaps here and there that I can't quite explain or understand the reasoning behind. I'm still not entirely clear on why we need TSW2 rather than just moving to TSW 2021 and having Bakerloo and the German route as paid for routes. Though I'm not complaining too much as two brand new routes and one reworked (for PC gamers) for £25 isn't terrible value at all. It's just a decision that I'm not quite sure I understand.

Still though, to be clear, I like their products and have spent many happy hours playing TSW and TS and I'll probably pick up TSW2 before too long as well.

Peter C

Established Member
You've hit the nail on the head with that. DTG seem to love making Train Sim content, but then don't have a good record of following errors up with fixes and the like.

In regards to driving trains on other routes, there are mods which you can download to drive, say, a HST on Tees Valley, but I don't know where you get them from. They're for PC only as well IIRC. TSW2 is supposedly going to allow you to create liveries and scenarios, but the way it goes about it is really not what the community as a whole want (as you say, proper scenario-making capabilities, and also just the ability to share reskins easily).
Trackwork which is never used seems to be DTG's thing - look at the North London & Goblin Lines route from Steam for TS2020. There's a whole section of the c2c network out in the east of the route with completed scenery, station models, signage, and everything, but nothing goes there in included scenarios and from what I've seen it doesn't even go to a big location like a freight yard or depot where scenarios could be begun or finished.

The reason behind TSW2 is because they're trying to move away from TSW2020 with all of its faults and issue and move to a (at least slightly) more stable platform which will allow them to do much more in the years to come. TSW2020 wouldn't allow them to do that apparently. I can't play TSW2020 as I only have a laptop (I just tried to launch it and it crashed shortly after loading), but I can still play TS2020 - personally I'll be sticking with that for the foreseeable future. Much more to do. :)

-Peter

EDIT: For those wishing to learn more about TSW2, I'd recommend watching Moleman978's YouTube videos about the subject. He's releasing six videos today covering what it can do. Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUXZoKNkDZm8dKzMe7DyIvQ

EDIT no.2: Watching the Livery Designer & Scenario Planner video by Moleman978 shows that the Scenario Planner isn't a Quick Drive like I thought it would be. It's quite a detailed thing and you could actually make some detailed and nice scenarios with it, despite not being able to set all the stopping points manually.

Last edited:

Iskra

Established Member

-Peter

True and I agree.

I understand Covid as a reason for now, but you would have thought that the roadmap might have mentioned something a bit different might be coming in the future. It seems a bit of a cop out that the routes are heavily tunnel based too, so there's limited scenery. I have quite varied interests in terms of what I like, but EMU's are the least interesting to me so I'm not sure I'm going to bother with any more of the currently announced forthcoming British DLC. Maybe I will just have to keep using the 'preserved collection' and try the foreign stuff which looks to be more operationally interesting and diverse. It's just a bit off-putting when there isn't a single bit of route DLC in the next 12 months that grabs your interest. The 313 could be decent though, even though 3rd rail isn't my thing really. It wouldn't be so bad if they released editing tools so other people could make stuff, but they don't seem to want other people to make things that they could make money out of...

I've not once played the IOW on TS1, despite having it for years; I acquired it as the assets were needed by another route I think.

I suppose we should be happy that we at least have a base game that runs smoothly and doesn't crash frequently like the original game. Progress I suppose.

Peter C

Established Member
True and I agree.

I understand Covid as a reason for now, but you would have thought that the roadmap might have mentioned something a bit different might be coming in the future. It seems a bit of a cop out that the routes are heavily tunnel based too, so there's limited scenery. I have quite varied interests in terms of what I like, but EMU's are the least interesting to me so I'm not sure I'm going to bother with any more of the currently announced forthcoming British DLC. Maybe I will just have to keep using the 'preserved collection' and try the foreign stuff which looks to be more operationally interesting and diverse. It's just a bit off-putting when there isn't a single bit of route DLC in the next 12 months that grabs your interest. The 313 could be decent though, even though 3rd rail isn't my thing really. It wouldn't be so bad if they released editing tools so other people could make stuff, but they don't seem to want other people to make things that they could make money out of...

I've not once played the IOW on TS1, despite having it for years; I acquired it as the assets were needed by another route I think.

I suppose we should be happy that we at least have a base game that runs smoothly and doesn't crash frequently like the original game. Progress I suppose.
Exactly. I'm interested to see how they'll make the Southeastern High Speed and IOW routes, but I'm not going to go and buy TSW2 and a new computer for them. The Class 313 sounds interesting, but it's going to be the Southern version, and not the Great Northern version, which I think is a bit more interesting as it's slightly older in terms of cab and it makes the driving experience that bit more interesting.
The IOW route is only really interesting for me as I'd like to see them do the Class 483 justice before they are taken out of service entirely; the current TS2020 model of the 483 is completely wrong, having a front end which pokes out in the middle, not a flat one as the real things have.

But yes - we've at least got a base game to be going on with now. My laptop won't run TSW2020, so I doubt it would run TSW2, so I'm not going to buy it any time soon and I'll stick with TS2020, which works as well as I need it to. :)

-Peter

Lewlew

Exactly. I'm interested to see how they'll make the Southeastern High Speed and IOW routes, but I'm not going to go and buy TSW2 and a new computer for them. The Class 313 sounds interesting, but it's going to be the Southern version, and not the Great Northern version, which I think is a bit more interesting as it's slightly older in terms of cab and it makes the driving experience that bit more interesting.
The IOW route is only really interesting for me as I'd like to see them do the Class 483 justice before they are taken out of service entirely; the current TS2020 model of the 483 is completely wrong, having a front end which pokes out in the middle, not a flat one as the real things have.

But yes - we've at least got a base game to be going on with now. My laptop won't run TSW2020, so I doubt it would run TSW2, so I'm not going to buy it any time soon and I'll stick with TS2020, which works as well as I need it to. :)

-Peter
What issues are you having attempting to play TSW2020? Try and turn the graphics settings down, it won't look as good as it could but should still run

Peter C

Established Member
What issues are you having attempting to play TSW2020? Try and turn the graphics settings down, it won't look as good as it could but should still run
I think I did turn them down, but it crashed at the point where it loaded up. At some point it must have reset itself and I had to make a new profile and go through the tutorial - that's when it crashed. I'm not overly fussed about it to be honest :)

-Peter

Just got my hands on TSW2 on PS4. Overall my first impressions are positive.

I'm playing on a standard PS4, and the graphics seem sharper than the previous game. The performance also seems to have been upgraded- with a far smoother framerate. I'm not good at identifying these kinds of things, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game is surpassing 60fps. The improvement in performance seems most noticeable on the East Coastway route so far, although it may be a problem for routes where there's more going on. I say this because the German ICE route seems way laggier, with noticeable dips in performance. I guess it's a more intensive route? I've only played through two of the tutorials on the route though, so I'll reserve full judgement for when I've spent more time with it. Either way, I'm sure it's something DTG could fix.

I'm looking forward to playing more on the Bakerloo line especially, and I'm definitely looking forward to what's next for the game! I just wish DTG would release the Great Western Express route sooner- it's the route I've played the most of in the previous game by far, so I'm disappointed I'll have to wait so long while they release other routes I don't care for first.

thejuggler

For third generation of the sim the modelling looks pretty poor. Don't look at the detail of the platform and unit edges on the Bakerloo line where there are curved platforms.

I know the underground has some gaps, but not many to need a running jump to board the train.

Amaroussi

Well, I stabled a Bakerloo line train in the Queens Park shed for the night, not knowing that it was still full of passengers. The game didn't specifically tell me to detrain passengers. And I still got a gold rating for that.

However, it is early days and I am sure an update is in the works with whatever resources they have now.

Lewlew

Well, I stabled a Bakerloo line train in the Queens Park shed for the night, not knowing that it was still full of passengers. The game didn't specifically tell me to detrain passengers. And I still got a gold rating for that.

However, it is early days and I am sure an update is in the works with whatever resources they have now.
They've mentioned that the passenger AI is something they want to work on. All the previous versions have had passengers on trains that are supposed to be empty.

JohnMcL7

The other thing that's struck me as odd is that there are some, what seem to me, obvious features and really big wins, missing. Mostly around the ability to create scenarios. I can get why creating a route editor is a pain the rear that they don't want to worry about (particularly as they want console support) but I don't get why it's impossible for me (or anyone else) to have a timetable editor so I can create my own scenarios? You know why can't I set up to have a Class 20 hauling an summer Saturday train between Leeds and Manchester? Or an HST on a railtour train between Eaglescliffe and Saltburn (okay not quite period appropriate with the available models but still)? It gets even weirder to me in that they've meticulously modelled bits of track and infrastructure that end up hardly being used, or not being used at all in the available scenarios. For instance there's definitely some stuff freight stuff that's not used on CalTrain as well as the carriage sidings outside San Francisco. Or on the Tees Valley I think the ore loader at Redcar is only used once in one scenario.

This is one of my main frustrations with TSW what while I think much of the base game is done well the scenarios and driving options are frustratingly limited and waste most of the potential. While it would take time to produce the tools for the community to produce their own scenarios and setups, if they implemented a system to share scenarios the community would be to fill in the gap and I'm sure produce a lot of much better material. I bought the Western class 52 DLC recently and been trying it out but while it looks and sounds pretty good to me all I can seem to do with is trundle up a line at 10mph with an occasional jump to 25mph which seems a complete waste of such a powerful locomotive.

Hence I just can't quite get a solid read on DTG. They clearly care a great deal as they do make very detailed, very playable and very enjoyable simulations. But there's just these gaps here and there that I can't quite explain or understand the reasoning behind. I'm still not entirely clear on why we need TSW2 rather than just moving to TSW 2021 and having Bakerloo and the German route as paid for routes. Though I'm not complaining too much as two brand new routes and one reworked (for PC gamers) for £25 isn't terrible value at all. It's just a decision that I'm not quite sure I understand.

Still though, to be clear, I like their products and have spent many happy hours playing TSW and TS and I'll probably pick up TSW2 before too long as well.

I've wondered why they changed as well and I've seen a few suggestions it's due to the games being released on console this time which does make some sense although it's going to make the DLC situation messier and I didn't realise a lot of the DLC isn't currently compatible and doesn't even have a date on their roadmap. I'm not against buying the new TSW2 but what's a bit frustrating is the lack of improvement, there's a rather hilarious FAQ that shows which of the requested features have been added:

2. Requested game features and improvements
- Does Train Sim World 2 include multiplayer?
No.

- Does Train Sim World 2 include a full editor on PC?
No.

- Is there any support for modding?
No.

- Are there any changes to the map system?
No.

- Are animated railway crossings included in the game?
No.

- Does the game include dynamic weather - are there any changes to the weather system?
No.

- Are the any changes to derailment physics?
No.

- Does the game include timetable service mode?
Yes.

- Does the game include platform announcements?
No.

I also note in the scenario planner section it says you can't have custom consists which seems another disappointment, you'd think if they were going to go with the controversial decision of making a new standalone game they'd make the upgrade a worthwhile one but it seems it's far from that.

Crossover

Established Member
I also note in the scenario planner section it says you can't have custom consists which seems another disappointment, you'd think if they were going to go with the controversial decision of making a new standalone game they'd make the upgrade a worthwhile one but it seems it's far from that.

I, too, was disappointed to find that the enhancements aren't all they're cracked up to be. On East Coastaway, for example, it seems there is still no ability to make a 12 car 377 formation and also my progress from TSW doesn't seem to have migrated.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This is one of my main frustrations with TSW what while I think much of the base game is done well the scenarios and driving options are frustratingly limited and waste most of the potential. While it would take time to produce the tools for the community to produce their own scenarios and setups, if they implemented a system to share scenarios the community would be to fill in the gap and I'm sure produce a lot of much better material. I bought the Western class 52 DLC recently and been trying it out but while it looks and sounds pretty good to me all I can seem to do with is trundle up a line at 10mph with an occasional jump to 25mph which seems a complete waste of such a powerful locomotive.

Yes preciesly! Now I've not yet played with the scenario designer in TSW2 but it does seem to at least mean that you could deploy the Western on somewhere that it might actually get to stretch it's legs but the fact that it's taken this long to even get some basic functionality like that is quite something! I suppose part of this is that DTG have made a rod for their own back. Because historically they've not always been great at supporting things after launch the fact that the scenario designer is a bit limited means that people have alarm bells ringing. They've said, I'm sure somewhere or other, that this is a work in progress and more features will come. So it could be in eighteen months we'll have quite a detailed scenario designer where you can tweak consists, have more flexibility on start/finish points, etc. But experience means people are wary.

That being said apparently they have now got a team (or at least one bloke :lol:) whose job it is is to support stuff that's been launched and develop tweaks and fixes. So hopefully this might lead to an improvement in the situation!

I've wondered why they changed as well and I've seen a few suggestions it's due to the games being released on console this time which does make some sense although it's going to make the DLC situation messier and I didn't realise a lot of the DLC isn't currently compatible and doesn't even have a date on their roadmap. I'm not against buying the new TSW2 but what's a bit frustrating is the lack of improvement, there's a rather hilarious FAQ that shows which of the requested features have been added:

Heh that FAQ bit was hilarious. Have to say I agree thought that I wasn't aware the TSW2020 DLC wouldn't be ready on launch for importation to TSW2. Which is a touch disappointing. Though I get the impression part of the delay is to make sure that the scenario designer works on them (which wasn't initially going to be supported on "preserved" routes I believe?) so that will make the wait worthwhile hopefully.

Crossover

Established Member
For third generation of the sim the modelling looks pretty poor. Don't look at the detail of the platform and unit edges on the Bakerloo line where there are curved platforms.

I know the underground has some gaps, but not many to need a running jump to board the train.

I think that may be a bug. I had a quick go on East Coastaway and I couldn't move from the platform to the train (driver or passenger door) at Newhaven Harbour without ending up down the gap and having to climb back up. Pretty sure that didn't used to be the case on TSW (though I haven't been back to check yet)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I, too, was disappointed to find that the enhancements aren't all they're cracked up to be. On East Coastaway, for example, it seems there is still no ability to make a 12 car 377 formation and also my progress from TSW doesn't seem to have migrated.

I thought they missed a trick there. I kinda get why it might not be possible to import it from one game to another but if it'd have been me I'd have tied it to Dovetail Live. So the selling point becomes sign in to Dovetail Live on TSW2020 and TSW2 and your progress will be imported into TSW2. That would surely have driven quite a lot of people onto Dovetail Live...

Then again maybe I shouldn't go around giving people ideas :lol:

Crossover

Established Member
I thought they missed a trick there. I kinda get why it might not be possible to import it from one game to another but if it'd have been me I'd have tied it to Dovetail Live. So the selling point becomes sign in to Dovetail Live on TSW2020 and TSW2 and your progress will be imported into TSW2. That would surely have driven quite a lot of people onto Dovetail Live...

I'm pretty sure I am signed in on Dovetail Live on both, but maybe I'm not on the older one. Have I dreamt that progress was meant to migrate on the 'preserved collection'?

Darandio

Established Member

I agree, this would have been an ideal carrot to dangle for Dovetail Live.

I still cannot move over to TSW though, my favourite experience is still route building and there are far too many places in the North East I still have to get done!

Iskra

Established Member
The first bits of 'preserved' DLC for TSW2 will be released tomorrow. That's Tees Valley, plus the 31 and 20 packs for the UK stuff. I'm looking forward to being able to use these with the scenario planner :)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The first bits of 'preserved' DLC for TSW2 will be released tomorrow. That's Tees Valley, plus the 31 and 20 packs for the UK stuff. I'm looking forward to being able to use these with the scenario planner :)

I'm definitely rubbing my hands together to be let loose with the scenario planner on my local line :lol:

Class465pacer

I remember seeing a YT video of someone driving a 377 the wrong way down the track on East Coastway (signals did not stop them as the track wasn’t bi directional) and stopping in front of 377s behind them to couple the trains. This went on until they had a 16 car 377! Unfortunately they were not paying attention to the map after that and crashed into an 8 car unit.

Iskra

Established Member

Giugiaro

Very nice. Might I ask how you take a screenshot in TSW2 without the HUD being present and where these screenshots go?

If I remember, you just need to press F2 to hide the HUD, and then F2 again to show again.

You then use F12 for Steam to make a screenshot, and the files will be saved onto the userdata folder on Steam.

Iskra

Established Member
If I remember, you just need to press F2 to hide the HUD, and then F2 again to show again.

You then use F12 for Steam to make a screenshot, and the files will be saved onto the userdata folder on Steam.

Excellent, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.