• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim World 2022. Spirit of Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungreat

This route add on is out on 31.05.22 . I'm sat up waiting to see if it comes out at midnight!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Some elements look good, but I think it's going to look a bit strange only having an express loco and an 8F as locomotives on such a vast route. I think they should have included a 3rd loco for local passenger stuff as Jubilee's or 8F's are just going to look odd on short passenger trains. If they didn't want to do a 3rd steam loco, I think the BR Green 101 and or 08 should have been included too for variety. That said, I do like the Jubilee steam locomotive and the maroon MK1's look nice.

I'm just watching the below stream now and it looks decent, but I'm in no real rush to purchase. Could be worth it for using the Jube on other routes though, such as over the Transpennine route.

TheEdge

Established Member
I agree @Iskra , there just isn't enough variety in locos for the complexity of the route at release, no matter how lovely the Jubilee and 8F look.

Might be worth a purchase in the future if more locos appear.

gavinro

But would the public have preferred to wait another year (or whatever) to have several other types of traffic etc? IMO it seems to be a good idea to get this in the hand of punters as early as possible, and get feedback via which it can be improved.

Iskra

Established Member
But would the public have preferred to wait another year (or whatever) to have several other types of traffic etc? IMO it seems to be a good idea to get this in the hand of punters as early as possible, and get feedback via which it can be improved.
And the money in the bank of course…

- - -

A new un-named upcoming UK loco DLC has been announced on the roadmap, as have 2 new liveries for the Transpennine 47- Intercity Swallow and Railfreight Grey/Red.

SJA_914

It's probably a good business model in fairness. Get things out quickly, get the money in the bank, then reel in the fence-sitters with ongoing fixes - which will also appease the annoyed first-day buyers who got stuff with errors.

I've never been a first-day buyer though tbf. Would much rather watch YT/streams :D

Also, I primary use TSW on my PS4 which lacks layering as per the PC/PS5, and prefer TS Classic on the PC. So I am always a bit more guarded with my wallet re: PS acquisitions, which are ultimately pre-bed, and often drunk, excursions.

Status
Not open for further replies.