• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2012 (Railworks 3) Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

150sprinter

After my copy of Railworks 2 automatically updated to RW3, I took my first go, and I was amazed! The updates to the locomotives are excellent and the new features such as realistic raindrops and moovement onboard the train really do make you feel like the driver.
Anyway, moving onto the actual thread, I decided it was about time we had something on this forum about RW3, so a screenshot thread sounded perfect. Unfortunately, I have created this thread on my Android phone, so I can't kick off with some of my own screenshots and therefore will be leaving that to you.
Upload your best, it can be anything!
Enjoy the thread...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chris89

Established Member
Will find out links to screens later since im not on steam at the moment in time.

But here is a video to show of one of the new features with the AI.

Click on the pic to go to video. Will be uploaded to youtube though later in the day.

Chris

chris89

Established Member
Last edited:

valenta

The screenshots all look outstanding. Haven't been on Railworks for a while, will have to try out the new version soon.

Stigy

Established Member
I noticed that graphically it's a lot better than RW2, but mine doesn't seem to be. Is that down to the laptop I'm using? For example I have no realistic raindrops!

Darandio

Established Member
I noticed that graphically it's a lot better than RW2, but mine doesn't seem to be. Is that down to the laptop I'm using? For example I have no realistic raindrops!

Stigy, on the main splash screen that appears when you run Railworks (before the actual game) on the settings screen, there is a tick box at the top to activate the TSX game engine. At default, it is running in legacy mode, without some of the new features.

Stigy

Established Member
Stigy, on the main splash screen that appears when you run Railworks (before the actual game) on the settings screen, there is a tick box at the top to activate the TSX game engine. At default, it is running in legacy mode, without some of the new features.
Oh, great, thanks! ;)

Have to get it working again first though, lol.

The Decapod

Except that 'legacy mode' - which is basically RW2 graphics, doesn't work as well as the actual RW2 used to. More jerky, pixellation on windscreen glass of Class 101 DMU, and scene flashes flat yellow every now and then.

Darandio

Established Member
Except that 'legacy mode' - which is basically RW2 graphics, doesn't work as well as the actual RW2 used to. More jerky, pixellation on windscreen glass of Class 101 DMU, and scene flashes flat yellow every now and then.

Well, that is up for debate. Maybe that is the situation for you, but others are finding that the legacy mode works much better than RW2 did.

Work is being done to address those that are having problems though.

Just to add "legacy mode" is not just RW2 graphics either. :)

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks, done it, looks cool!

Darandio

Established Member
Cresston V4 is above yeah, but commercial pressures are also above that. I'll get there.

150sprinter

They're looking great!
I've attatched one of mine - the Class 31 in Fragonsnet Livery at Reading Station.
I will upload some more tomorrow evening.

Attachments

• Fragonsnet 31 RW3.jpg
    Fragonsnet 31 RW3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 35

HST Power

Established Member
Some fantastic screenshots, the more the better! :)

I didn't get a chance to use RW this weekend, but when I next go on, I might just upload a shot or two of my newly progressing route....

DaveChuffers

Hi Guys.

A few from me, Click to see large version

class 166 in the rain

Pitchford Hall sitting in the sunshine

A Personal Favorite of mine so far (when i am brave enough to run for a little while with TSX switched on!) BR 47 288 with BR Liveried 4 Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.