• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2021

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
What an absolute joke of a price tag. I really hope people realise how much of a scam that is in comparison not just to the rest of the TSC third-party dev space, but in the context of the wider gaming industry.

We're edging towards triple A game prices for DLCs for addons that are, in my opinion, only a marginal improvement on previous releases such as the 185.

From what I have seen of the product, its a feature-full release with many cool additions but non of which are anywhere near as transformative as I would expect from charging 8 quid more than AP's ask for the 411/412.

If people want examples of reasonable prices for addons, I suggest looking at the likes of PLD/Caledonian Works who've charged high, but none the less justified price tags for high quality steam locomotives. Theoretically, I would expect these two companies to be performing far better financially than the likes of ATS/AP as these high price tags should only be deterring people from buying, especially given the struggles of households these days. I also wonder if the hilariously low frequency of releases from AP/ATS is contributing to them hiking prices.

I heavily discourage people from falling for any marketing that suggests that a single train for a 15 year old game is worth the same price as many entire games.

Spot on. Absolute joke - also considering the 755 will be a separate pack (priced at what I wonder?) and you only get 3 scenarios included with the 745.

The ATS subscription model is ridiculous for a company that produces such little subware to make it anywhere near worthwhile.

And don’t get me started on their launcher…

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

365 Networker

Spot on. Absolute joke - also considering the 755 will be a separate pack (priced at what I wonder?) and you only get 3 scenarios included with the 745.

The ATS subscription model is ridiculous for a company that produces such little subware to make it anywhere near worthwhile.

And don’t get me started on their launcher…
The price is absolutely ridiculous - I've no intention of purchasing and I suspect many have come to the same opinion. From what I've been able to see on YouTube, this is not exactly a professional product - graphical glitches seem to be a major problem.