• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2021

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
I’ve just seen Alan Thomson announced at the start of his stream last night that ATS (in partnership with another producer) will be bringing the class 745 and 755 to Train Sim. Good news!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
I’ve just seen Alan Thomson announced at the start of his stream last night that ATS (in partnership with another producer) will be bringing the class 745 and 755 to Train Sim. Good news!

Should be good fun with the GEML workshop route, meaning we can get some good scenarios for the full route.

silverfoxcc

Hi gents, another head scrathcher!!

The Goblin goes blind

Have entered the Willesden traincare depot after geting permission to pass the REd ay WJ platform kept to the speed limits and about 0.08 from the end says Failed Scenario incpmplete

do i have to stop sooner?

greatvoyager

Established Member
is anyone else’s game crashing when driving on the London-Peterborough route?
The 801 seems to be too much for my computer to handle.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
is anyone else’s game crashing when driving on the London-Peterborough route?
The 801 seems to be too much for my computer to handle.

I haven’t driven the 801 more than a couple of times, but I don’t have any issues with that route. Try clearing your Train Sim cache and closing all other applications when playing.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Okay I’ll give it a try.

Sometimes, it’s just the way of the world in TS terms! It seems everyone has out of memory errors/dumps at one point or another. The only route that occasionally does it to me is London - Ipswich when I switch from cab to external view.

greatvoyager

Established Member
Sometimes, it’s just the way of the world in TS terms! It seems everyone has out of memory errors/dumps at one point or another. The only route that occasionally does it to me is London - Ipswich when I switch from cab to external view.
With mine it has changed a few times. First it was Just Trains South Devon Main Line and then Riviera Line in the Fifties, but this is the first time in a while.

Peter C

Established Member
Is there a Class 155 available anywhere?
There isn't a Class 155 specifically, but people have made them from two Class 153s put together and some good reskins. This site has some reskins for 155s:

And here's an example scenario:

-Peter :)

greatvoyager

Established Member
There isn't a Class 155 specifically, but people have made them from two Class 153s put together and some good reskins. This site has some reskins for 155s:

And here's an example scenario:

-Peter :)
That’s great, many thanks!

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Alan Thomson is currently streaming on Twitch with a developer showing off their work in progress tamper that they’re planning to bring to TS. Very interesting.

Inversnecky

Alan Thomson is currently streaming on Twitch with a developer showing off their work in progress tamper that they’re planning to bring to TS. Very interesting.
I never in my life thought I'd install Twitch on my phone, but I did tonight and subscribed to the man himself.

jp4712

Can anyone recommend a good route add on?
It depends a lot on what region, or era. It also depends on whether you’re looking for long distance passenger or freight, or intensive commuter runs. For steam, Western Lines of Scotland and Stainmore are my favourites; for current day, I like Trent Valley and North London lines. What appeals to you?

greatvoyager

Established Member
It depends a lot on what region, or era. It also depends on whether you’re looking for long distance passenger or freight, or intensive commuter runs. For steam, Western Lines of Scotland and Stainmore are my favourites; for current day, I like Trent Valley and North London lines. What appeals to you?
I’m looking for medium to long distance passenger with high speed running. I’m looking for current era, but any region really.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
I’m looking for medium to long distance passenger with high speed running. I’m looking for current era, but any region really.

Any of the WCML routes would suit there then I think, my particular favourite is the WCML Over Shap, a really good route with lots of detail and really enjoyable to drive. Despite its controversial launch, I also really enjoy the WCML South.

_toommm_

Established Member
Any of the WCML routes would suit there then I think, my particular favourite is the WCML Over Shap, a really good route with lots of detail and really enjoyable to drive. Despite its controversial launch, I also really enjoy the WCML South.

And the WCML Midlands and Northwest by Alan Thomson Sim, which does Liverpool and Preston down to Birmingham.