• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2021

jp4712

I'd suggest WCML Trent Valley; WCML over Shap; and London - Peterborough.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
In case anyone is interested, V3 of my North East England route has now been released.

_toommm_

Established Member
In case anyone is interested, V3 of my North East England route has now been released.

Looks amazing, thank you! I presume we can just overwrite the previous route files and it will work fine please?

greatvoyager

Established Member

This will be the next route I’m getting.

greatvoyager

Established Member
Just out of interest, are there any reskins available for the 153 in the different Wessex Trains/Wales & West liveries?

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Does anyone know if there is a Caledonian Sleeer Mk5 reskin anywhere? I know the 180 has been used to make up the TPE Mk5 sets, but never seen a CS one.

Darandio

Established Member
Does anyone know if there is a Caledonian Sleeer Mk5 reskin anywhere? I know the 180 has been used to make up the TPE Mk5 sets, but never seen a CS one.

Fairly certain there isn't, just the Class 180 repaint for the TPE version.

greatvoyager

Established Member
Fairly certain there isn't, just the Class 180 repaint for the TPE version.
Just out of interest, has the 180 used in that repaint still got its engines, or have they been removed so that they act like proper trailers?

Flange Squeal

Established Member
Armstrong Powerhouse have released their ‘Powerhouse’ scenario catalogue, which allows you to purchase individual scenarios through an program that also checks you have the requirements. Initially 48 are available. It should be noted that 1-41 are updated versions of existing scenarios, with 42-48 being new. You need to create a seperate account to your existing Armstrong Powerhouse login.

Peter C

Established Member
Armstrong Powerhouse have released their ‘Powerhouse’ scenario catalogue, which allows you to purchase individual scenarios through an program that also checks you have the requirements. Initially 48 are available. It should be noted that 1-41 are updated versions of existing scenarios, with 42-48 being new. You need to create a seperate account to your existing Armstrong Powerhouse login.

Just downloaded this to see what it's like, and it's a very welcome development in my opinion. Charging per scenario, and at 99p each, is a much better way of doing things than charging a few quid for a pack which may include many scenarios you don't want to play through. I expect many people will happily pay 99p for an updated version of their favourite scenario, and personally I'd have no issue with that either. Being able to see all of the requirements you have before you purchase the scenario, and knowing for certain you'll be able to enjoy it, is a really nice feature too.

-Peter

greatvoyager

Established Member
Just downloaded this to see what it's like, and it's a very welcome development in my opinion. Charging per scenario, and at 99p each, is a much better way of doing things than charging a few quid for a pack which may include many scenarios you don't want to play through. I expect many people will happily pay 99p for an updated version of their favourite scenario, and personally I'd have no issue with that either. Being able to see all of the requirements you have before you purchase the scenario, and knowing for certain you'll be able to enjoy it, is a really nice feature too.

-Peter
I’m glad AP have done this, as I always get confused about requirements.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
I expect many people will happily pay 99p for an updated version of their favourite scenario, and personally I'd have no issue with that either.
It wouldn't surprise me as it's been a while since their previous scenario packs were withdrawn hasn't it, with them having released quite a few trains since then to compliment them. I imagine it will also be of interest to newer users who never had access to the previous Armstrong Powerhouse scenario packs, particularly with lockdowns over the last year potentially seeing more people discovering train simulator as something to do to kill the time stuck at home! As you say, a very useful utility showing instantly if you have everything required.

greatvoyager

Established Member
Just been doing a quick drive scenario on WCML north with the AP class 90/DVT with random fault/failures turned on. I drove from Carlisle and was beginning to wonder if anything would go wrong, before the train failed on the approach to Glasgow. I think this feature of ransoms failures should be spread across more products.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Armstrong Powerhouse have updated their Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack:
SKY & WEATHER ENHANCEMENT PACK UPDATE

The Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack has been updated with amended sunrise and sunset times for scenarios set in the spring.

Previously, the times used for spring simulated mid-April, but we are conscious that many like to use spring to simulate winter without the snow. This could often look out of place however with the sun high in the sky at mid-day and the days being too long.

As a compromise, spring now simulates an early March day with the sun lower in the sky at mid-day, rising later at 06:40 and setting earlier at 17:45. This should now form a good basis for any scenarios set from January to when the clocks change in late March, compared to the previous timings which were only really any use for scenarios set in April.

To obtain this update, simply re-download from your 'Downloads' area.

Peter C

Established Member
To continue the AP theme, this has been posted on their Facebook page:
Our forthcoming Class 455 Enhancement Pack Vol. 1 will cover all three subclasses, /7, 8 & 9, from their introduction in the 1980s to the mid-2000s.
It will need two requirements to function, both of which are available with a generous discount for the next couple of days:
DTG Southern Class 455/8 - https://store.steampowered.com/.../Train_Simulator.../
Thomson Interactive Class 455 - https://store.steampowered.com/.../Train_Simulator_Class.../
We envisage that Vol. 2 will feature the class in their refurbished state from the mid-2000s onwards, including the Vossloh AC motor modification.1622057340268.png
https://www.facebook.com/armstrongpowerhouse/photos/a.180949695266511/4493755550652549 (sorry if this isn't the right link, I can't seem to work FB)

Sounds very interesting - and looks particularly lovely. Nice of AP to share the requirements beforehand, with the message of an upcoming sale - I bet that's made a few more people (myself included) more likely to get the pack.

-Peter

EDIT: Both requirements are currently on sale in the "Midweek Madness" sale - 25.5.2021 until 28.5.2021 at 18:00. Total price for both items is as-near-as-makes-no-difference £6.

Last edited:

FrodshamJnct

Established Member

https://www.facebook.com/armstrongpowerhouse/photos/a.180949695266511/4493755550652549 (sorry if this isn't the right link, I can't seem to work FB)

Sounds very interesting - and looks particularly lovely. Nice of AP to share the requirements beforehand, with the message of an upcoming sale - I bet that's made a few more people (myself included) more likely to get the pack.

-Peter

EDIT: Both requirements are currently on sale in the "Midweek Madness" sale - 25.5.2021 until 28.5.2021 at 18:00. Total price for both items is as-near-as-makes-no-difference £6.

Thanks for the heads up! I shall definitely be purchasing those whilst they’re on sale.

Peter C

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up! I shall definitely be purchasing those whilst they’re on sale.
You're welcome :)
This EP is really interesting - I only happened to notice someone post about it on Twitter earlier yesterday. Even though Vol. 1 isn't out yet, I'm already looking forward to Vol. 2 with the newer liveries/modifications!

-Peter

CarrotPie

You're welcome :)
This EP is really interesting - I only happened to notice someone post about it on Twitter earlier yesterday. Even though Vol. 1 isn't out yet, I'm already looking forward to Vol. 2 with the newer liveries/modifications!

-Peter
Me too. I also want the Class 465 EP Vol. 2 to come out, as I have been waiting for it since I heard about Vol. 1. I haven't driven the 465 in TS for over a year now, and I haven't got the 465 EP Vol. 1 because I drive (and create) modern day scenarios, and for those the motor/door sounds are incorrect, along with the exterior destination displays.

Peter C

Established Member
Me too. I also want the Class 465 EP Vol. 2 to come out, as I have been waiting for it since I heard about Vol. 1. I haven't driven the 465 in TS for over a year now, and I haven't got the 465 EP Vol. 1 because I drive (and create) modern day scenarios, and for those the motor/door sounds are incorrect, along with the exterior destination displays.
I'd forgotten about the 465 EP - I do wonder when they'll release it. I'd be extremely surprised to see it come out before the 455 EP. I'd put myself in the same boat as yourself: I prefer to make modern scenarios (that's if I make a scenario at all :)), and so having a modern version of a unit would be preferable.

-Peter

greatvoyager

Established Member

-Peter

I’m looking forward to seeing this.

Peter C

Established Member
I’m looking forward to seeing this.
That makes at least three of us then! It looks really nice from the screenshots shared so far.

-Peter

======
[new post, 28.5.2021]

Just a post to say there's 15 minutes left of the TS sale on Steam at the moment - if you want to buy the 455 EP requirements, get them now and at 25% of the normal price (and that's not supposed to say 'off').
I just bought both of the 455 packs because even if I can't afford the 455 EP when it's released, I can buy now buy it whenever I get the money to do so. :)

-Peter

Last edited: